HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:58 PM
Joined Feb 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
60 FPS does NOT work to give 60 UNIQUE fps. Unless the developer has a surprise for us, I do not see this will ever become something the #16 will be able to do unless a new GPU IC is installed, but then it will no longer be a #16 camera.
It would be nice now that we've accomplished focusing on lenses (forgive the pun), to now focus on the #20...

The #20 should feature:
+ New advanced GPU
+ 60 fps 1080p, 60 fps 720p
+ For those with huge microSD cards, option to record RAW uncompressed video to allow us to do our own compression.
+ Keep the same choices of lenses.
+ Possibly include options for recording upon motion detection.

Just a dream of mine... hopefully this product will come true some day.

rseeone is offline Find More Posts by rseeone
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:19 PM
United States, FL, Marco Island
Joined Jan 2007
661 Posts
Is there a diagram to show how to hard wire video out? #16 v1
Thanks
picard10th is offline Find More Posts by picard10th
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:03 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
There is no video out on version 1.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:09 AM
Joined Feb 2005
31 Posts
Deal Extreme - Fisheye Lens (Centering Problems)

Hi everybody, I have installed a dealx fisheye lens and after glued the ring in the HD Keychain I noticed that the lens captures the metal ring cornes. What would it be ? Distance from the metal ring to the CCD or Just Metal Ring inclination ?

Video test
HD Key Chain #16 With Fisheye Test (0 min 21 sec)

Photos

chrispaiva is offline Find More Posts by chrispaiva
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:33 AM
United States, FL, Marco Island
Joined Jan 2007
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
There is no video out on version 1.
Whoops Thanks! No way to mod?
picard10th is offline Find More Posts by picard10th
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:02 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by picard10th View Post
Whoops Thanks! No way to mod?
Afaik there is not. You could probably use a microcontroller to capture the video feed from the sensor and spit it out in composite, but at that point you would have so much time invested you might as well just buy a v2 unless you place very little value on your time and know what you are doing
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:37 AM
Joined Mar 2012
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
I would really like to see this as a feature too, maybe not too useful for AP but would be very useful for those that use it for car/motorcycle/time lapse/etc where controlling via other methods than buttons is desired.
Yes, this is exactly what I meant in my post requesting remote control. It would also be conceivably useful for AP too I think, for example attached to a microcontroller such as an arduino and a rc channel it would be ideal on a kite
micros is offline Find More Posts by micros
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:44 AM
Southwest England
Joined Nov 2010
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispaiva View Post

Hi everybody, I have installed a dealx fisheye lens and after glued the ring in the HD Keychain I noticed that the lens captures the metal ring cornes. What would it be ? Distance from the metal ring to the CCD or Just Metal Ring inclination ?

Video test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx1x7...ature=youtu.be

Photos

I use a DealExtreme fisheye on a 16# and I think you'll find the problem is vignetting from the lense (not the metal ring) . If you work really hard you can usually find a postition where it's just about visible on the corners, Takes a lot of fiddling about to get it centred.

Most important I discovered was it must be in the same plane as the camera lense. Yours looks pretty good to me?

You can see the vignetting on this video.

HD Key chain with Deal Extreme wide angle and fisheye lense test - Paragliding Freathy (3 min 37 sec)
bobflyman is offline Find More Posts by bobflyman
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:22 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by picard10th View Post
Is there a diagram to show how to hard wire video out? #16 v1
Thanks
The video out from the GPU is on one of the ball grid array pads UNDER the GPU. There is no trace to it and it's inaccessible.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:47 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rseeone View Post
It would be nice now that we've accomplished focusing on lenses (forgive the pun), to now focus on the #20...

The #20 should feature:
+ New advanced GPU
+ 60 fps 1080p, 60 fps 720p
+ For those with huge microSD cards, option to record RAW uncompressed video to allow us to do our own compression.
+ Keep the same choices of lenses.
+ Possibly include options for recording upon motion detection.

Just a dream of mine... hopefully this product will come true some day.

Dream on until technology advances . I don't think anyone wants to see the same flop as happened to the 1080p again. Personally, I don't want RAW video, the 4K resolution that I want would need a terabyte SD card for only a few minutes of video .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaHandy View Post
for the developers:

able to use the serial debug port to send (basic) commands, like on/off start/stop photo/video for easy interfacing with a micro controller.
You just can't win . The more features the developer adds, the more people want! But that's also good news. It proves the developer is doing everything "right". It's amazing what this tiny gadget can already do.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:51 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,433 Posts
Yes, this developer is doing an amazing job. I too want more, but I appreciate what this already is.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 31, 2012, 05:00 AM
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2008
894 Posts
Does somebody test the v2 for the fpv?
Is the quality good?
I am looking for a video (output of the ground station) but there is nothing yet on youtube.
Is it possible to record in the same time?
Cid156 is online now Find More Posts by Cid156
Last edited by Cid156; Jul 31, 2012 at 05:07 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 05:42 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid156 View Post
Is the quality good?
I am looking for a video (output of the ground station) but there is nothing yet on youtube.
Standard composite video is as good as composite video goes. No better, no worse. There are no icons cluttering the screen - just video.

Yes, you can record 720p while video-out is enabled or you can take pictures too.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Jul 31, 2012, 06:35 AM
Joined Jun 2011
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispaiva View Post

Video test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx1x7...ature=youtu.be

Photos

SNAP. Check my post HERE I posted a day or two ago complaining of the same thing. To be honest, this lens is pretty unuseable. Who wants to be mucking about with it to get it so perfectly centered to not show vigneting. It looks very amateur to me and I am surprised this lens was ever even suggested to be honest. At 180degrees, it's simply too wide to place on the end of the normal lens and not get this effect. There is a 13mm slightly smaller one with less field of view which you could try. Someone already suggested that it is also very soft in the corners though.

You could try the new Lens D wide angle 120 degree lens which is now shipping. You get the benefit of it being good quality and still very small and not too obtrusive.

I was obsessed too much with a very wide angle of view for my requirements from a small "action camera" like these keychains, but actually having viewed some of the footage online from the new gopro 2 camera with 127 degree field of view option, i actually prefer this footage. There is much less barrel distortion and images still look wide enough to be useful for my intended application. Perhaps consider this...
coursemyhorse is offline Find More Posts by coursemyhorse
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:15 AM
Southwest England
Joined Nov 2010
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid156 View Post
Is the quality good?
I don't fly FPV but did test the video output on my Panasonic 32 " LCD tv last night. Quality was remarkable good. The lead supplied is a female so I had to make a male to male lead so that I could plug into the TV.
bobflyman is offline Find More Posts by bobflyman