HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:06 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Keycam 808 ver2 v out to IPhone app to desplay video wirelessly. Or show onscreen
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Jul 30, 2012 at 08:50 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:02 AM
Joined Jun 2011
58 Posts
I emailed Mandy and she is going to sort me a new wide lens to UK as long as I am prepared to wait extra time for it.
I would love to see 60fps soon. I think this is the next big thing I personally desire.
coursemyhorse is offline Find More Posts by coursemyhorse
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:14 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2012
2 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place, new member as of today.
I emailed digitalele999 with "I was wondering if you will be making a version of the #16 camera that does auto record when power is connected. I like to use the camera in my car and auto record is a great feature." and got the following reply: "For the auto recording function, yes, my friend, our item has this function now, you can chose the auto recording setting."
Can any forum member confirm if this is correct?
AlanColl is offline Find More Posts by AlanColl
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:45 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
17,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanColl View Post
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place, new member as of today.
I emailed digitalele999 with "I was wondering if you will be making a version of the #16 camera that does auto record when power is connected. I like to use the camera in my car and auto record is a great feature." and got the following reply: "For the auto recording function, yes, my friend, our item has this function now, you can chose the auto recording setting."
Can any forum member confirm if this is correct?
This post answers your question I think. Note that you have to stop the recording though, there is no provision for automatic stopping.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7347

Getting use of all the features may require that you use the Configuration Assistant, more details on that here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7313

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:46 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Never used it but I can confirm the option does exist and am fairly certain I have seen others post confirming it does function correctly, but you still have to manually stop the recording.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:49 AM
Hampshire, U.K.
Joined Jun 2008
1,940 Posts
Welcome Alan! I would guess they are referring to the new feature that automatically starts recording on power-up (i.e. only one button press needed). As I understand it, this still falls short of what you are looking for.
Trevorh is online now Find More Posts by Trevorh
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:56 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorh View Post
Welcome Alan! I would guess they are referring to the new feature that automatically starts recording on power-up (i.e. only one button press needed). As I understand it, this still falls short of what you are looking for.
Good point. If he's looking for it to start recording when he turns on the key in his car he's not going to want this.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:08 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2012
2 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. I already knew about the record on button press that's why I was careful how I worded my question to Mandy. Perhaps it lost something in the translation. I am aware of this mod but to be honest it's a little beyond my electronic capabilities. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2095
AlanColl is offline Find More Posts by AlanColl
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:10 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coursemyhorse View Post
Has eletoponline seller stopped selling the wide angle new D lens keychain camera already? Is there a problem with the lens? I cannot see any listing for it. Also, will they still not ship to UK currently?
There's no problem with the Lens D (120 deg.) that I'm aware of other than possibly short supply. You can contact the vendor via his web site regarding other vendor specific questions.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:41 PM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post

.....There's no problem with the Lens D (120 deg.) that I'm aware of .....
+1

got mine two days ago and the quality is great....

cmPang
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Old Jul 30, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Apr 2010
85 Posts
for the developers:

able to use the serial debug port to send (basic) commands, like on/off start/stop photo/video for easy interfacing with a micro controller.
ThaHandy is offline Find More Posts by ThaHandy
Old Jul 30, 2012, 05:25 PM
Joined Mar 2012
73 Posts
My green light problem appears to be a charging problem or may be bad battery. But I figure the charge light would work if the problem was a bad battery. I bought this camera last winter. Should I write to the seller about it. I got this camera back in March. I'm getting another one regardless of how they handle it. I should have bought a spare.

And what is the contact information for eletoponline365? I'm looking at their ebay page and not finding that.
flying circus is offline Find More Posts by flying circus
Last edited by flying circus; Jul 30, 2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:19 PM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaHandy View Post
for the developers:

able to use the serial debug port to send (basic) commands, like on/off start/stop photo/video for easy interfacing with a micro controller.
I would really like to see this as a feature too, maybe not too useful for AP but would be very useful for those that use it for car/motorcycle/time lapse/etc where controlling via other methods than buttons is desired.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:55 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,808 Posts
Is there a manual for the new v2 cables?

Other than mentioning the video out function, the 5th July manual is a bit light on the FPV side of things, and the listing has them labelled, but not explained.

I assume that as the red label on the listing says 'Caution +5v Input', I can charge this while also outputting video to FPV and that connection is there for me to hack in my own 5v from wherever.

But, does the battery mind a continuous 5v going into it if it's already fully charged, or should I always unplug the battery if I intend to power it externally?
Brandigan is online now Find More Posts by Brandigan
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:16 PM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Charging circuitry is built in so if you supply it with 5v with a full battery it shouldn't care, it'll refuse the power until it needs it.