SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 28, 2012, 03:38 PM
Joined Jul 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by therau2000 View Post
Here is a preview of the latest Configuration Assistant for the #16 Camera.

Note: Development of Profile Management was suspended to address more urgent matters as requested by Users of this thread.
This program works awesome Thanks for your work on this. Being that I'm a programmer by profession I know how much work goes into something like this.

The feature for setting the "exact time" is spot on! I like how you did this. Thanks again.
hernejj is offline Find More Posts by hernejj
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2012, 03:42 PM
Denmark, kbh
Joined Jan 2012
1,476 Posts
After loosing 2 #16 cams in rapid succession (the second was dropped over the ocean on it's maiden ), I rushed to the 'bay and purchased my 3rd #16 cam + an add-on wa lens only to find the very next day, the post about the wide angle lens update

Now, I'm about to order my 4th #16 cam, even before the 3rd has arrived. Could you let me know beforehand that the 60fps version is not about to be released. PLEASE
mike_o is offline Find More Posts by mike_o
Old Jul 28, 2012, 03:54 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
Sometimes something so smple is hard to explain, not upset at all. All the company has to do is offera cable that has a little swival to the head.

enjoy
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 28, 2012, 04:56 PM
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallettron View Post
Ive a couple of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1108540112...84.m1423.l2649

Lets face it you aren't going to get HD out of hem, but to view while flying should be ok
Well I'm not going to use it while flying as I don't do real FPV yet (I've just build my first plane and had 2 days of flying).

Want to use it to check on what the camera actualy sees (the frame) when sticking it on different places like on the outside of the wing for example.

So high resolution is not important, does not even have to be color. As long as it displays the whole frame it wil be useful to test before flight.
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:32 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Sometimes something so smple is hard to explain, not upset at all. All the company has to do is offera cable that has a little swival to the head.

enjoy

I think we'll have to agree we ALL have different English to you Fishy.

Well, I CERTAINLY do, it's Australian. If I spoke on my video's which I try to avoid due to my mouth cancer you most likely would not understand a word of it.

Also if threw in the 'Aussie' slang to my posts you would not understand that either!

B!LL! (Yup way off topic - quick someone get back to what this thread is about before Tom clobbers me with a 4 be 2 inch!)
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:13 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_o View Post
After loosing 2 #16 cams in rapid succession (the second was dropped over the ocean on it's maiden ), I rushed to the 'bay and purchased my 3rd #16 cam + an add-on wa lens only to find the very next day, the post about the wide angle lens update

Now, I'm about to order my 4th #16 cam, even before the 3rd has arrived. Could you let me know beforehand that the 60fps version is not about to be released. PLEASE
60 FPS does NOT work to give 60 UNIQUE fps. Unless the developer has a surprise for us, I do not see this will ever become something the #16 will be able to do unless a new GPU IC is installed, but then it will no longer be a #16 camera.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jul 28, 2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: grammar
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:25 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobflyman View Post
Have sorted the problem. (or it might have been two problems.)

Changed the battery for a new one , quite tricky as the old plug didn't want to come out with teasing it with cocktail sticks and putting the new battery plug in was difficult resulting in bending the socket up off the circuit board. Fortunately no damage. (I have installed new batteries before with ease.) Anyway to cut to chase. I charged this battery which did take longer than the original (a good sign) but put in a card from another cam. (But exactly the same make and size. 4 gb class 4 Kingston.) Fired it up and got 37 mins. (as you'd expect.) still curious if it would be ok with the other 4 Gb KIngston class 4, I recharged and fired off again and got 9 mins. SO it appears it may have been a card problem in the first place? I've been using these cams for a couple of years now, always class 4 good brand and never had any isssues so quite weird really.

Anyhow, I did an in camera format with the 'problem' card, recharged battery again, and fired off a video and got 38 mins. First time I have ever used in camera formatting because as said, never had any issues before. Thought I'd share this as it seems quite an unusual problem?
I know what you mean about removing the battery plug! It's actually necessary to loosen the circuit board screws to allow that side of the board to lift slightly so the plug clears the case. And even then, the plug can be extremely tight on the socket plugs! I've often felt I'll pull the socket right off the board trying to remove a battery plug!

Glad you got the abort recording sorted out! You've confirmed why it's stated up front to use the in-camera formatting! A card that works in a different camera is no indication that it is OK for all cameras.

If you follow this thread, it's the flash memory card that is a root cause of MANY (maybe most?) camera aborted recording problems.

So, for new readers.... ALWAYS use the in-camera formatting routine described in the camera instructions (this is not the same as formatting the card with the PC connected to the camera via USB cable)
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:35 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
All the company has to do is offera cable that has a little swival to the head.

enjoy
OR........

All you have to do is configure a cable for your specific purposes. I don't want unnecessary cost or weight for something like this.

A week ago all people wanted was video out. Now that it's here, every one wants a cable with the camera for their specific configuration! I say innovate! Adapt! Modify! That's what the target users of this thread do day in and day out... not continually rag on the developer to solve all their problems. I don't see posts in the Go Pro thread about trivial stuff like this, probably because they don't bend over backwards to read threads like this.

We should be thanking the developer for providing video out... not complaining because the plug exits straight out to the side! Good grief!... makes me want to shut down this thread!
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jul 28, 2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
I think we'll have to agree we ALL have different English to you Fishy.

Well, I CERTAINLY do, it's Australian. If I spoke on my video's which I try to avoid due to my mouth cancer you most likely would not understand a word of it.

Also if threw in the 'Aussie' slang to my posts you would not understand that either!

B!LL! (Yup way off topic - quick someone get back to what this thread is about before Tom clobbers me with a 4 be 2 inch!)
Never an insult, i have a aye friend Down under ,Milbourne.

I guess it is the Bowery in me, that comes out. but in one ear and the other.
nough said
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
[QUOTE FPS does NOT work to give 60 UNIQUE fps. Unless the developer has a surprise for us, I do not see this will ever become something the #16 will be able to do unless a new GPU IC is installed, but then it will no longer be a #16 camera.[/QUOTE]

Reasons why we will not see 60 fps , is as simple as it is not yet perfected for blue ray or is it? forgot we are in todays technology times.

Most my shots are of MP4 Hd1080P 30 fps rendered to WMVHD converted to FLV at youtube
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
OR........

All you have to do is configure a cable for your specific purposes. makes me want to shut down this thread!
guess no matter how you look at it. they are cheap anyways. cost a few pennies to make. why not hack it up, just be carefi that one day that info provided to ya does not lead to a hazard.. why the developer. engineer. passes with inspections vs one's mishapps.

Gopro cables are as well offered, and there are some that have made cables to offer..

I am careful with the one I own hate to see itfly away, why it stays with me vs away from me Lol thank you for your opinion .
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:47 PM
Joined Jul 2012
4 Posts
friends! i broke my reset buttom.... and now my camera dont do nothing!

any help?
BAJONDIL is offline Find More Posts by BAJONDIL
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:36 PM
Joined Jul 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJONDIL View Post
friends! i broke my reset buttom.... and now my camera dont do nothing!

any help?

NOW IS WORKING! i leave disconected the battery for a few minutes..... i put in the sd car the firmware....and now Works!

thanks
BAJONDIL is offline Find More Posts by BAJONDIL
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:22 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJONDIL View Post
NOW IS WORKING! i leave disconected the battery for a few minutes..... i put in the sd car the firmware....and now Works!

thanks
Sometimes they just need to catch their breath! From your earlier picture, it looks like you might be able to re-attach the reset button if you have soldering skills
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:02 AM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post

We should be thanking the developer for providing video out... not complaining because the plug exits straight out to the side! Good grief!... makes me want to shut down this thread!

That's great the developer has made a new camera with video out ability.

Gives them a chance to compete directly with the #18 camera for more customers = more profit....
They have themselves to thank for being able to produce a more marketable product.

And.....the developers have us to thank,that's right all of us.

Why..??

We buy their product!!

We provide beta testing and feedback of the product...at our cost....sounds like a good deal for them to me.

Your threats to "shut down this thread" are too funny......keep up the good work Tom.

Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker