SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:37 AM
Southwest England
Joined Nov 2010
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobflyman View Post
I ordered a last 16# (I have one 16# and one 11# already) but have just received a red lense 18#, complete with usb tv out and a spare battery. digitalele889 gave me a 25% discount as I was one of the buyers caught out by their e bay mistake. Gave it a full charge and made a continuous test video. I got a miserable 9 mins recording. I was expecting at least 35 mins. (I know it takes a couple of charges to get capacity, but 9 mins?) Might be a faulty battery, or faulty charge circuit. OK, I have a spare battery but if I open the case to fit it and still get short record time I won't be able to send it back. Anyhow, just gving it another charge to re test.
Watch this space.

I didn't need or want video out and would have prefered a 'normal' 16#. Can't be bothered with the hassle of sending it back.
I think I should have said a 16# v2. as it has a red IR filter on the outside and the video out cable. Firmware is v0 35. Should I up date to V 0 36 Tom? I have video out disabled as I don't need it but on second test I still only got 10 mins record time. It's not card prob as it's a known class 4.

The other thing is, when it does stop it goes into a weird mode where it's reluctant to turn off. Eventually it does but after a quick flashing LED mode.

I wish they just done as I'd asked and sent the good old reliable 16# v1.

Of course it may just be a duff battery. I suppose my best course of action is to try another.
bobflyman is offline Find More Posts by bobflyman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:39 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
13mm one is garbaage, soon after the 15mm came out, and now another one in many colors, they arejust that enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coursemyhorse View Post
Hey all, I bought one of these wide angle 180 degree lenses ages ago and have looked at various ways of mounting it:

In the end I hacked the case up and folded the lens ribbon cable back on itself so that it came out the case like a normal camera lens on the side. I personally find that it's not possible to mount it without the lens barel being visible on the picture. So even with the wide angle rear lens element right touching the original keychain lens, no matter how much centering I try to do aligning it, I get the edges of the barel showing in picture, like a severe fisheye/vignetting issue.
So I kind of give up using this lens.

I do not know of any other lenses that get close to the angle of view of the Go Pro 170 degrees that are suitable to try to modify a fit with these cameras. Does anyone else?

I could try the 120degree lens but the eletop seller is not shipping to Uk at the moment as said above.

Thoughts?

I just received the other week a V2 camera I think as it has the new memory chip, but the lens it the blue one.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:14 AM
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram1982 View Post
Search on ebay for: NEW 3.5" TFT LCD Color Screen Car Rearview Monitor DVD VCR

I got the 640x480 version (not widescreen btw) I see there are also 960x240 versions of what appears to be the exact same screen, but I don't know about those... 1) They have less total pixels. 2) It's a real weird aspect ratio 3) The pictures show a normal 4x3 screen
Thanks, very good suggestion. I'll have a look at those screens and the resolutions, seems to be a lot of them on ebay. To bad they don't have internal power.
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:24 AM
Joined Mar 2012
67 Posts
V1 & V2 identification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I believe quite a few V2 cameras were shipped before they were formally announced, and before they were shipping with the red lens (Lens B). Some may have the former blue lens (Lens A), which I personally prefer, because it has more realistic colors and less vignetting. YMMV.

I've attached two comparison pics showing two differences between the V1 and V2 circuit boards, which can be seen just by opening the case... no need to removed the circuit board to see what memory chip was installed.

I have 3 16 808's, all with 'blue' lenses, all of them with pin 4 connected. So far I hadn't upgraded the firmware, and so I checked inside to make absolutely sure they were V2's. While two of them clearly are, the third is ambiguous. Although all pins are connected, the 'missing' components aren't, well, missing. (photo included).

Is this a known version (1.5?) or is it an early V2
Is it safe to install the latest firmware, and will it behave as a V2 without quality problems?

I read Tom's reply to an earlier post, (properly this time) and realised that this is one of those models with th eold chipset. I have a cable on order so will test when it arrives.
micros is offline Find More Posts by micros
Last edited by micros; Jul 29, 2012 at 07:58 AM. Reason: new info
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:26 AM
Southwest England
Joined Nov 2010
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobflyman View Post
I think I should have said a 16# v2. as it has a red IR filter on the outside and the video out cable. Firmware is v0 35. Should I up date to V 0 36 Tom? I have video out disabled as I don't need it but on second test I still only got 10 mins record time. It's not card prob as it's a known class 4.

The other thing is, when it does stop it goes into a weird mode where it's reluctant to turn off. Eventually it does but after a quick flashing LED mode.

I wish they just done as I'd asked and sent the good old reliable 16# v1.

Of course it may just be a duff battery. I suppose my best course of action is to try another.
updated to V 0 36 still only 10 mins record then camera dies. Time to try new battery.
bobflyman is offline Find More Posts by bobflyman
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:35 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
17,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrg2go View Post
I guess you can easily confirm whether this adapter has pin 4 connected thru, but the problem still exists that you need a cable that connects to this and has a wire inside it that is connected to pin 4. As I've said I have destroyed four so far and none of them have a wire in the cable that is connected to pin 4.

Nice solution however for the security of the USB B connector to the camera.

Edit: looking at the pic it appears this one will face forward rather than aft of the camera.
I'm pretty sure I recall them described as 5 pins straight through. So they do not change anything, merely bend it around the corner.

Maybe I need to study the key cam mini USB wiring closer.

And you're right about the socket on the camera controlling the direction it points in. Like I say, if it works it is an option.

I've never cut away the cover on the adapter to see how it is wired but would consider doing that if I thought it would work. At around $2 each the cost is not great concern.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:36 AM
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
Australia, NT, Katherine
Joined Apr 2009
1,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes View Post
I'm pretty sure I recall them described as 5 pins straight through. So they do not change anything, merely bend it around the corner.

Maybe I need to study the key cam mini USB wiring closer.

And you're right about the socket on the camera controlling the direction it points in. Like I say, if it works it is an option.

I've never cut away the cover on the adapter to see how it is wired but would consider doing that if I thought it would work. At around $2 each the cost is not great concern.

Jack
See post 7284 and my reply
nrg2go is offline Find More Posts by nrg2go
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:43 AM
Ronnie - Sheffield UK (G0NJD)
Sheffield, S. Yorks, UK
Joined May 2007
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke View Post
Thanks, very good suggestion. I'll have a look at those screens and the resolutions, seems to be a lot of them on ebay. To bad they don't have internal power.
Ive a couple of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1108540112...84.m1423.l2649

Lets face it you aren't going to get HD out of hem, but to view while flying should be ok
mallettron is offline Find More Posts by mallettron
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:45 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
17,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallettron View Post
or even this one, looks like it has all 4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5X-Right-Ang...item43b21724e7
I'll have to keep that one in mind, it looks like a better idea for some situations.

Do you know, can you turn the metal shell that plugs into the camera either side up in the housing? So that you could have the exit hole/cable facing either way?

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:53 AM
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
Australia, NT, Katherine
Joined Apr 2009
1,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes View Post
I'll have to keep that one in mind, it looks like a better idea for some situations.

Do you know, can you turn the metal shell that plugs into the camera either side up in the housing? So that you could have the exit hole/cable facing either way?

Jack
Hard to tell with the angles they show, but the assembled one they do show has the cables going aft for the #16.
nrg2go is offline Find More Posts by nrg2go
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:02 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Developers:

As the usb plug/connector sits in a seating, it can be reseated to the side, with a plug. so either way, if you want a straight, or 90, even reversed, you do not have to remake new cables.

Purchasing an 90 defeats the use as it extends the plug, not corecting, What may be the issue that some see. that not all fly on one's level, each will use their cameras for different purposes..

: Adaboy Ridgewalker addaboy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
#16 Developers........

Video out usb plug

For fpv use a right angle usb plug would be better than the straight plug.

The straight plug that is used now will be hanging out the side away from the camera adding much stress to the usb socket on the pcb,potentially causing the usb socket to come loose....and if that happened while the plane was being flown fpv...

How about using a right angle mini usb cable as seen in following picture .

With a right angle plug the plug/cable remain closer to the camera case...one could even put a single wrap of tape or a rubberband to ensure the plug remains firmly in place as well as reducing the stress to the mini usb socket.

Ridgewalker
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:06 AM
Ronnie - Sheffield UK (G0NJD)
Sheffield, S. Yorks, UK
Joined May 2007
401 Posts
I'm pretty sure the would fit either way

It's not like you will be bring thick cable out, probably servo wire?

Anyway I've ordered some and I haven't even got a #16 yet (just a couple of #18s
mallettron is offline Find More Posts by mallettron
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:39 AM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
I already have 2 SD cards damaged by the camera: one is 16GB and one is 8GB. The latest was damaged by the v0.36 firmware so I think the bug is in firmware from many times.
If I will spend more on the cards than on the camera will become a bad choice.
So is not a good idea to spend much money on 32GB cards because of price and high risk of failure.

I hope the developer will solve ASAP the bug when battery become empty and camera still recording. I was using the loop mode.
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:52 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post
I already have 2 SD cards damaged by the camera: one is 16GB and one is 8GB. The latest was damaged by the v0.36 firmware so I think the bug is in firmware from many times.
So is not a good idea to spend much money on 32GB cards because of price and high risk of failure.

I hope the developer will solve ASAP the bug when battery become empty and camera still recording. I was using the loop mode.
If this is so, then why is the firmware still for download, would it not be removed, so no other posters come about this issue.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:04 AM
Joined Jul 2012
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post

Are you using sandisk cards? Apparently they're problematic.

You should look into getting a portable battery, like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet%C2%A...3484195&sr=8-2

or this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EasyAcc-Emer...3484195&sr=8-5

To allow you to record for hours at a time, using a card bigger than 4gb is useless with the built in battery life of about 40 minutes anyway.
irononreverse is online now Find More Posts by irononreverse