HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:01 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,558 Posts
Side-by-side Video Comparison of Lens A, B, and D

Here's a link to a comparison video to show how these lenses compare to each other in terms of focus, vignetting, color, white balance, FOV, and linearity.

FWIW, my test camera with the new Lens D did not have the CMOS module firmly clamped in the case, and I could wiggle it slightly with the lens barrel. This could be because mine was not a production camera. But this needs to be fixed or vibration will affect the video. The lens barrel COULD be secured outside the case with VERY CAREFUL dabs of silicone adhesive or hot glue, but be careful not to get any on the exposed front surface of the larger lens. This method would also make in more difficult to open the case for battery replacement, and could damage the ribbon cable if the adhesive were not removed first. Securement inside the case is the best solution.
#16 HD keychain camera Lens A, B, and D comparison (4 min 7 sec)
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jul 25, 2012 at 01:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:21 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
808 #16 with v929 Onboard Video, first daylight mount test (9 min 2 sec)

Not as stable as I want it, but not as jello as it could have been.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:28 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,104 Posts
I am very impressed with the ebay seller I chose from the list you provided. I went with eletoponline365 and they sent me an email with a link to this page and a .pdf manual. That being said, does anyone have a verified seller of just the new lense? I cannot seem to find one. Figures I order my v2 3 days before the 120° is released
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:35 PM
Official Android Developer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Mar 2012
426 Posts
Java Configuration Assistant for the #16 Camera

Hot news regarding my new Java Configuration Assistant for the #16 Camera.

Alpha testing was conclusive and is now over.
Beta testing is starting with Beta 1 available for download as of now.

http://pages.videotron.com/therau20/nr16/index.html

This new release includes several enhancements, fixes, integrated Help, and Application Logging.

Although much of the code for Profile Management is written, the GUI part is not quite ready; coming up soon...

Whether you are a beginner or an experienced User, your feedback is important to build a better product. Please send feedback to this Email address: therau2000@videotron.ca
therau2000 is offline Find More Posts by therau2000
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:59 PM
Registered Pilot
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2006
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Here's an advance peek at the new #16 camera with integral wide angle lens (lens D)!
The ebay listing for the new #16 says it has TV output and it shows a couple of composite Video Out cables. This suggests the new version can be used as a primary FPV camera rather than just a secondary HD recorder. That would be terrific for $44. Any information on whether that's true?
bmschulman is offline Find More Posts by bmschulman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:01 PM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Yes, it is true. No audio though, seems some people are disappointed with that.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:05 PM
Sweden, Borlänge
Joined Jul 2011
62 Posts
DELETED (Didn't read properly before posting)
J.F.S is offline Find More Posts by J.F.S
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:06 PM
Joined Jul 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc1337 View Post
hey! i got my 808 16v2 red lense today and im wondering if my lens is focussing correct, your videos look so sharp and clear...okay i uploaded some raw movie to youtube...if anyone could have a look please i think it looks quite poor in the distance...

anyone have a thought please?

I think the corners are much sharper then the center of the image..and closer details are sharper too
rc1337 is offline Find More Posts by rc1337
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:36 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmschulman View Post
The ebay listing for the new #16 says it has TV output and it shows a couple of composite Video Out cables. This suggests the new version can be used as a primary FPV camera rather than just a secondary HD recorder. That would be terrific for $44. Any information on whether that's true?
It's true... the cables were designed SPECIFICALLY for that purpose, as well as just outputting to a composite video TV.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:37 PM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
I'm guessing I got a v1 with red lense because I did not get video cables in the package. Would that be a valid assumption?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:37 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying View Post
I am very impressed with the ebay seller I chose from the list you provided. I went with eletoponline365 and they sent me an email with a link to this page and a .pdf manual. That being said, does anyone have a verified seller of just the new lense? I cannot seem to find one. Figures I order my v2 3 days before the 120° is released
Same sellers for parts... they just don't list them separtely (yet?)
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:39 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
I'm guessing I got a v1 with red lense because I did not get video cables in the package. Would that be a valid assumption?
Probably, but I posted some pictures that show how you can tell just by opening the case and looking at the circuit board.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 04:05 PM
Spain, Madrid, M
Joined May 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying View Post
As Tom just said, I figure eletoponline will list them... if they decide to... I sure hope so, as I would love to get a new case + Lens D. But maybe they take some time before listing them for sale.
CalvinHob is offline Find More Posts by CalvinHob
Last edited by CalvinHob; Jul 25, 2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 04:10 PM
Spain, Madrid, M
Joined May 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Here's a link to a comparison video to show how these lenses compare to each other in terms of focus, vignetting, color, white balance, FOV, and linearity.

FWIW, my test camera with the new Lens D did not have the CMOS module firmly clamped in the case, and I could wiggle it slightly with the lens barrel. This could be because mine was not a production camera. But this needs to be fixed or vibration will affect the video. The lens barrel COULD be secured outside the case with VERY CAREFUL dabs of silicone adhesive or hot glue, but be careful not to get any on the exposed front surface of the larger lens. This method would also make in more difficult to open the case for battery replacement, and could damage the ribbon cable if the adhesive were not removed first. Securement inside the case is the best solution.
http://vimeo.com/46375068
Great vid!

Man I can wait to get that D Lens. It looks wonderful.
CalvinHob is offline Find More Posts by CalvinHob
Old Jul 25, 2012, 04:21 PM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Probably, but I posted some pictures that show how you can tell just by opening the case and looking at the circuit board.
Thank you, guess I missed those earlier. You should be getting paid for all this work.