SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 25, 2012, 08:10 AM
Joined Apr 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru168 View Post
Hi,

I tested mine without much problem you mentioned, I try to record a short clip in my room, and another video clip with my room's light off. first video clip shows noisy results for sure, but don't see any rough lines as shown in your sample.
The second video clip that nearly no light looks very dark, and i can see some lines when i moved my camera around. Its consider normal, because I will never record any video in such a dark environment.

regards,
tru168
It seems my cams are more sensitive to low light... Anyway I tested 3 cams, bought from different sellers, and all of them show the same problems.
What firmware you have?
ginetto is offline Find More Posts by ginetto
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2012, 10:37 AM
Add your country to profile:)
United States, CA, Crestline
Joined Oct 2006
310 Posts
If you use AVI format, output is some un-editable version of AVI

I was getting so frustrated with the apple MOV format, such a pain to convert to other formats for editing, the suggested MP4cam2AVI converter locks up when I use it. So I downloaded codecs to allow Windows Movie Maker to edit .MOV files. I was all happy editing in WMM until I try to "publish to this computer" and the resulting video is converted to wmv and it loses a bunch of resolution in the conversion. I cant find any cheap windows software similar to Window Movie Maker that will keep the output in .MOV so the output qualilty is not downgraded.

Soooo, I just switched firmware from .MOV to the AVI firmware, I figured the un-editable problem would have been fixed since December but NO. It records fine in AVI, and plays in windows movie maker, but if you make ANY edits, the video wont play. Then I tried Windows LIVE Movie Maker with same uneditable result. I noticed some people in this forum are using the AVI firmware, are you guys just not editing your clips? Because if I can't even crop my videos, I'll have to switch back to the .MOV firmware.

Any help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. BTW: I really prefer editing in the older Window Movie Maker, with the timeline. Thanks, Greg
CrashMaster39 is offline Find More Posts by CrashMaster39
Old May 25, 2012, 11:24 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMaster39 View Post
I was getting so frustrated with the apple MOV format, such a pain to convert to other formats for editing, the suggested MP4cam2AVI converter locks up when I use it. So I downloaded codecs to allow Windows Movie Maker to edit .MOV files. I was all happy editing in WMM until I try to "publish to this computer" and the resulting video is converted to wmv and it loses a bunch of resolution in the conversion. I cant find any cheap windows software similar to Window Movie Maker that will keep the output in .MOV so the output qualilty is not downgraded.

Soooo, I just switched firmware from .MOV to the AVI firmware, I figured the un-editable problem would have been fixed since December but NO. It records fine in AVI, and plays in windows movie maker, but if you make ANY edits, the video wont play. Then I tried Windows LIVE Movie Maker with same uneditable result. I noticed some people in this forum are using the AVI firmware, are you guys just not editing your clips? Because if I can't even crop my videos, I'll have to switch back to the .MOV firmware.

Any help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. BTW: I really prefer editing in the older Window Movie Maker, with the timeline. Thanks, Greg
I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 9.0, which has its own set of issues. What I have to do to edit the .mov files is to open it in Windows Live Movie Maker (Windows 7 64-bit) and simply save it as a "Recommended for this file" settings (or something like that). It will output the file into a .wmv file that PE9 will accept and let me edit. PE9 will accept the .mov file but the audio fades after a few seconds. I'm talking in the edit window, not the output file. That's very strange because PE10 doesn't do that. It's an extra couple of steps but I've got a pretty fast computer so it doesn't take long.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2012, 11:52 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMaster39 View Post

Hi Greg,

Yes, the AVI format the camera produces is a non-standard "play only" format. It's apparently not fixable with the camera's firmware because the formatting is done by the graphics chip. But first things first.

Your MP4cam2AVI lock-up is strange... do you get any error messages? It (v2.98) works perfectly on my W7 (64 bit) PC and it's lossless and fast. Maybe try a new download and see if it works. Post #3 gives alternatives for editing MOV files with other free editors. But you mentioned preferring the old WMM with the timeline, so that tells me you are using the old WMM for XP. WLMM can edit MOV files without adding any codecs, and you should not get any significant quality loss with the right output profile selected. Select the "recommended for this project" when you are prompted for an output profile when you save the movie, and all will be well. The old WMM needs the h.264 codec to work, but you should use the "Save Movie" output, not the "Publish" options, which degrade the output for web based services. FWIW, post #3 gives a way to install WMM6, which ONLY came with Vista embedded in it (MS did not support downloading it separately), and it has the timeline PLUS many more features than the old XP versions. Why MS bagged it in lieu of the "dumbed down" WLMM version confused every one and was a huge blunder.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; May 25, 2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old May 25, 2012, 11:56 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 9.0, which has its own set of issues. What I have to do to edit the .mov files is to open it in Windows Live Movie Maker (Windows 7 64-bit) and simply save it as a "Recommended for this file" settings (or something like that). It will output the file into a .wmv file that PE9 will accept and let me edit. PE9 will accept the .mov file but the audio fades after a few seconds. I'm talking in the edit window, not the output file. That's very strange because PE10 doesn't do that. It's an extra couple of steps but I've got a pretty fast computer so it doesn't take long.
Try MP4cam2AVI utility to convert to AVI format. It does not re-encode, but just streams the audio and video into an AVI container. Very fast and lossless.
Old May 25, 2012, 12:33 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
6,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Try MP4cam2AVI utility to convert to AVI format. It does not re-encode, but just streams the audio and video into an AVI container. Very fast and lossless.
That's the first thing I tried but PE9 won't import the .avi file. Gives me some sort of audio error. I tried almost all of the audio options in MP4cam2AVI but PE9 just doesn't like it. I wish I never bought that software, to be honest, but it was $75 so I'm gonna use it on pure principles.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2012, 12:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
today only

do not miss out there will be other times to expires and it converts do not ask me I have no issues with the editing department
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 25, 2012, 12:51 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
That's the first thing I tried but PE9 won't import the .avi file. Gives me some sort of audio error. I tried almost all of the audio options in MP4cam2AVI but PE9 just doesn't like it. I wish I never bought that software, to be honest, but it was $75 so I'm gonna use it on pure principles.
Interesting, since MP4cam2AVI can re-encode the audio into mp3 if you want. I thought everything supports MP3 audio by now. I have to use that audio re-encoding option when doing a direct stream copy of video from MOV to AVI using Avidemux, and that then works properly (but I don't use PE9).
Last edited by Tom Frank; May 25, 2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old May 25, 2012, 12:56 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
today only

do not miss out there will be other times to expires and it converts do not ask me I have no issues with the editing department
The Freemake program listed in post#3 will do that and it's fast and free, everyday of the week! It also can rotate and trim clips and join clips together... just no fancy fades, titles, or other special effects. It can offload the re-encoding tasks to newer graphics board GPU chips that have that capability (like my Nvidia board). Really speeds up the process. I use this one often when just trimming, etc. Output profiles are customizable, too.
Old May 25, 2012, 01:10 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
tanks

At Frys.com Swann hd video recorder 70.00 less a penny for those who need one in a rush. the yare now wit han instant rebate of yep 25.00 instant and 10 mail in, but is it IS IT our main cam hmm Maybe Tom Frank be our Guinea Pig
Old May 25, 2012, 01:13 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
tanks

At Frys.com Swann hd video recorder 70.00 less a penny for those who need one in a rush. the yare now wit han instant rebate of yep 25.00 instant and 10 mail in, but is it IS IT our main cam hmm Maybe Tom Frank be our Guinea Pig
I only test free stuff!
Old May 25, 2012, 01:48 PM
Add your country to profile:)
United States, CA, Crestline
Joined Oct 2006
310 Posts
Quote:
Hi Greg,

Yes, the AVI format the camera produces is a non-standard "play only" format. It's apparently not fixable with the camera's firmware because the formatting is done by the graphics chip. But first things first.

Your MP4cam2AVI lock-up is strange... do you get any error messages? It (v2.98) works perfectly on my W7 (64 bit) PC and it's lossless and fast. Maybe try a new download and see if it works. .
Thanks to all you guys who responded so quickly to my .MOV hassles. All of this was helpful, especially what Tom wrote. I reinstalled MP4cam2AVI and it works perfectly now, and super fast. Easy to convert, and then I can use whatever editor I want.
CrashMaster39 is offline Find More Posts by CrashMaster39
Old May 25, 2012, 01:59 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
6,679 Posts
Quote:
Interesting, since MP4cam2AVI can re-encode the audio into mp3 if you want. I thought everything supports MP3 audio by now. I have to use that audio re-encoding option when doing a direct stream copy of video from MOV to AVI using Avidemux, and that then works properly (but I don't use PE9).
That's what I thought too... I use .mp3 audio files in almost every one of my videos and the fact that PE9 wouldn't used an .mp3-encoded .avi was a bit baffling.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2012, 02:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Lol so you got the keycams free ha ha ha
Old May 25, 2012, 03:21 PM
Indiana
Joined Nov 2004
626 Posts
Doing statistics homework and looking at the Isoprops Nr16Setup.exe program.

With loop recording off there are 6,144 different configurations possible.

With loop recording on there are 1,536 different configurations possible.

Who wants to try them all
OnGuard is offline Find More Posts by OnGuard