SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 23, 2012, 07:47 AM
Joined Mar 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsKeel View Post
Thank you for filling me in. Is there a similar application for editing MOV files?
I am using VirtualDub, fccHandler QuickTime plugin and x264vfw
_Klas_ is offline Find More Posts by _Klas_
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:05 AM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,465 Posts
Quote:
Thank you for filling me in. Is there a similar application for editing MOV files?
I use Studio 15 to edit all the mov, avi, asf files my cameras make. And add jpg and gif images.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:47 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,686 Posts
Quote:
Hello Tom Frank, I would like your informed opinion on this. I would like to cut away parts of AVI and MOV videos produced by the 808 #16 keychain without loss of quality. I read the first page of this thread and you mentioned AviDemux and VirtualDub, but I am unclear whether these applications will delete the unwanted footage while leaving the wanted footage untouched, or re-encode the video without theunwanted footage, and thereby losing quality in the process.

Thank you for all your insightful posts!
Yes, both Vdub and AviDemux can trim off unwanted footage as well as output the trimmed clip with no re-encoding using the direct copy modes. But Vdub only handles AVI files without some 3rd party add-ons and these don't work with W7 (unless they fixed them). But AviDemux can load and edit both MOV and AVI files, and do comparable edits for the most part with filter. MP4cam2AVI will convert the MOV to AVI with NO re-encoding if you really want to use Vdub, but it's an extra step. I don't use Vdub any more for that reason. Most of this is covered in the eduting FAQ in post #3. Download and try it... it's free. There's also a link there to the user guide which also tells all about it.

<EDIT> I just re-read your question and noted you want to trim the native AVI files produced by the #16. This is not possible without a lot of hassle with all the freeware editors, and many commercial editors. The AVI format is nonstandard, and if you trim off the first frame, you lose critical information that allows the file to play and be edited. By far the easiest way to edit the #16 AVI files is to first re-encode them. You can put back into a compliant AVI container if you really need AVI format, but using the "direct copy" option in Vdub or AviDemux will not work... it just copies the non-standard structure.

Do you really need the #16 AVI output? It's only advantage is it retains the couple of seconds of video that is normally lost between saved video clips. You can PM me if you have more questions.<EDIT>
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Apr 23, 2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Mar 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
But Vdub only handles AVI files without some 3rd party add-ons and these don't work with W7 (unless they fixed them).
Hi Tom, fccHandlers QuickTime plugin for Vdub (1.10.2) is working on Win7- 32 and 64.
_Klas_ is offline Find More Posts by _Klas_
Old Apr 23, 2012, 01:55 PM
Joined Oct 2011
891 Posts
deleted
syzygyQ is offline Find More Posts by syzygyQ
Last edited by syzygyQ; May 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:15 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
Pictures from mounting system?
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:42 PM
USA, GA, Dacula
Joined Aug 2009
57 Posts
Do I understand correctly, that excessive noise (prop noise/wind noise) can stop the #16 from recording? I tried my first aerial video this past weekend and found that all the video was corrupted once I throttled-up.
wj225 is offline Find More Posts by wj225
Old Apr 23, 2012, 03:37 PM
Italia, Lombardia, Milano
Joined Nov 2011
11 Posts
Samsung micro sd 16gb class 10

Hi guys,

for info, i use this samsung micro sd 16gb class 10 , i recorded for 30 min, with 20 min of video clip length, without issue !!

Bye
dicio is offline Find More Posts by dicio
Old Apr 23, 2012, 04:00 PM
Joined Oct 2011
891 Posts
deleted
Last edited by syzygyQ; May 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 04:25 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
I think you have durable fixing, but you can think to assure the camera.

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Old Apr 23, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Oct 2011
891 Posts
deleted
Last edited by syzygyQ; May 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:39 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,007 Posts
syzygyQ
Intersting mount.
Simple and low cost, and it has a nice easy escape route for the SD card should the latch decide to go on holiday a 200 ft !
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Last edited by empeabee; Apr 23, 2012 at 05:41 PM. Reason: OH crossed posing - sorry
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:33 PM
Joined Oct 2011
891 Posts
deleted
Last edited by syzygyQ; May 22, 2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:43 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,465 Posts
My first 808 got broken when the small heli it was on plummeted and hit pavement.
The camera stopped working.
On my mQX, I put the 808 on top on a light foam box, seeing no need to place it in harms way underneath.
It worked OK, for the short period of time I had the mQX, which suffered the generic "right front motor" fail in less than a day, so I took it back to the LHS.
And that spring in the card slot is one healthy spring!
It can fling that card several feet!
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:56 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygyQ View Post
The purpose of my report given above is to confirm simple servo tape mounting of the #16 on the MQX as viable.

I haven't presented it as exemplary in any other respect than that it has conveyed a #16 airborne on an MQX twice without issues.

As regards securing the SD chip holder, I'm not aware of failure of the SD chip holder on #16 cams being an issue. While loss of SD chip must be an operational risk on airborne cams, the low cost and ubiquity of the chip is such that I would be inclined to accept the risk of SD chip loss as SOP for everyday use.

That being said, fail safe design, all other things being considered equal, is trumps. I would be interested in seeing examples of SD chip protection measures. In particular I would like to see measures that are simple, that involve nothing messy (like required taping and retaping), and that add little to no mass to the mount.
Oh - sorry I spoke.
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee