Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 09, 2012, 04:21 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camcc View Post
Hi,

two question of one who is still waiting for his 808 #16 cam...

1.) Is it possible to downgrade the firmware of the camera without problems and extra risks?
2.) Where can I get older firmware versions?

Thank you very much in advance for any help!
Best regards,
camcc
Yes it is your right to have firmware, orginal container and updated, not beta testing. Tom Franks will emphisize , and tell you other. reasons he does not want fw floating that will cause issues out there, so the supplyer. now what about the Owner????

When each fw is released you save them. fw 25 is released save it. then if fw 27 comes out save them. then you can go back and fourth, other than that . lets hear tom franks answer?
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2012, 04:24 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
one button record is nice.

the cam here has such a delay to start I rather just go through the steps. more cams you hit the on 1 sec ON, then record instant.

others are like up to 7 seconds, and record another 3. secs to long a delay due to el cheapo electronics
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 09, 2012, 05:36 AM
United Kingdom, England, Dorset
Joined Sep 2011
200 Posts
by Tom Frank
Try the trial download of Video Pad editor. It's a low price, minimal frills commercial product, but when the trial period expires, start a normal "un-install" of the program via the Control Panel function in Windows, and you should see a pop up that gives the option of retaining a free version of the program. All you lose in the process is the ability to use "add-on" filters (such as Vdub uses) and the output format is reduced to "only" AVI, WMV, ASF, and DVD It can load and join multiple files and has a decent array of video effects and transitions... similar to WLMM. Worth a look... it might do all you want without your existing editor.[/QUOTE]

thanks the response, but after playing with roxio 2010 videowave for the umpteenth time i have found that after editing and applying transitions i can export out a smooth vid as long as i choose high definition and windows media 9 1280x720 from the drop down menus.
it does compress the file a little but the quality seems pretty good and 30fps is retained. only stipulation is i have to use mp4cam2avi to make the video acceptable to videowave.
brianvc is offline Find More Posts by brianvc
Old Apr 09, 2012, 06:20 AM
Joined Mar 2012
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
one button record is nice.

the cam here has such a delay to start I rather just go through the steps. more cams you hit the on 1 sec ON, then record instant.

others are like up to 7 seconds, and record another 3. secs to long a delay due to el cheapo electronics
Probably the reason for the seconds long button presses on some functions is so the camera doesn't turn on or off accidently. Most spy cam customers probably carry the camera in their pockets with keys and other items.

We don't know how flexible button programming might be. May be the suggestion is practical, may be not. If the issue is limited space for programing the firmware I hope the #16 developer contacts the sensor manufacturer with that issue and asks for support. A good manufacturer will be responsive because having customers inovating with your product, and telling you about it, is a wonderful thing.
flying circus is offline Find More Posts by flying circus
Old Apr 09, 2012, 06:51 AM
LI NY
Joined Sep 2008
1,011 Posts
Thanks for all the info and advice.
fierce is offline Find More Posts by fierce
Old Apr 09, 2012, 07:01 AM
Webbex
United Kingdom, Shropshire
Joined Apr 2012
6 Posts
UK source for 808 #16 Keychain cameras

UK source for 808 #16 Keychain cameras.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1629945

Please post any replies in the above thread or PM me directly. Do not post enquiries in this thread).

(Thanks Tom for letting me post this here).
strettonbull is offline Find More Posts by strettonbull
Old Apr 09, 2012, 07:30 AM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying circus View Post
Probably the reason for the seconds long button presses on some functions is so the camera doesn't turn on or off accidently.
Yes, but if the setting is made in the configuration file, the user already know this and also I think is not carrying for spy in a pocket and the button is not easy to activate it. If not possilbe in configuration file also I can accept another different firmware in the #11 style, only for this option.

I don't think is a problem for anybody if the record will start 3-7 seconds later because the time is almost the same like pressing 2 buttons or even more.

Who knows, maybe will obtain some coding space from the disabled pictures post-processing.

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Old Apr 09, 2012, 07:46 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Miami Lakes, Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2003
8,481 Posts
How about having a flashing light if it's turned on the usual way, and a "film the bad cop" mode where you can press just the shutter button and start it recording with no lights?

(I'm just joining the conversation. Actually, the camera suits me fine the way it is.)
Miami Mike is offline Find More Posts by Miami Mike
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:36 AM
Joined Feb 2012
49 Posts
Today I've some some problems with my recordings. The first recordings went ok. However, afterwards, when I press the button to stop the recording I noticed that the led didn't turn yellow, but it was off. That meant the camera has aborted the recording. In my computer I confirmed that some of my videos were interrupted, so the camera actually stopped recording when it felt like it. I've heard some users have this problem too. I hope it doesn't happen again. Could it be a problem of the battery not being well charged? I thought the camera warns you with some led blinking when the battery is low. Maybe I should try another firmware or another memory card?
Gradius is offline Find More Posts by Gradius
Old Apr 09, 2012, 10:14 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,480 Posts
I was thinking further to start camera automatically without using micro controllers ...for Car DVR.
I think it is possible to start camera with 2 monostable circuits with 555,one set to 2 sec to emulate pressing on/off button and the second monostable to emulate pressing shutter button for 1 seconds(after 3-4 seconds from start). In place of two 555 can be used one chip 556(dual timer)(monostable circuits)and also one micro-relay(5v) with 2 contacts for connecting to on/off and shutter button.I think this can be one simple and cheap solution.All this can be installed on an USB dual car charger.One of the USB port will remain for charging camera and the other can be modified for connect to the timer.From the second modified USB port will go a modified cable with 2 ends ,one normal USB male and other can be a small cell phone male connector(Sony Ericsson, Nokia..... whatever) to plug in ... to other phone connector installed on camera(can be a small female connector with 4 wires from on/off and shutter button).
This is a brief description.When I 'll have time(unfortunately it will not be very soon) will post also the schematics.Who of you have decent knowledge of electronics and interested about it may design and post here.
http://www.google.com/search?q=usb+d...w=1366&bih=558
http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/555timer.htm
midelic is online now Find More Posts by midelic
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by midelic; Apr 09, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 10:27 AM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying circus View Post
Probably the reason for the seconds long button presses on some functions is so the camera doesn't turn on or off accidently. Most spy cam customers probably carry the camera in their pockets with keys and other items.

We don't know how flexible button programming might be. May be the suggestion is practical, may be not. If the issue is limited space for programing the firmware I hope the #16 developer contacts the sensor manufacturer with that issue and asks for support. A good manufacturer will be responsive because having customers inovating with your product, and telling you about it, is a wonderful thing.
I gave up carrying any camera in my pocket, due to the inadvertent turn-ons, which would jam the lens, and ruin the camera. My keychain flashlight goes through lots of batteries..
Sparky Paul is online now Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 09, 2012, 11:45 AM
Joined Dec 2009
126 Posts
Does anybody have a #16 vs gopro2 side-by-side comparison video?
qwerty11 is offline Find More Posts by qwerty11
Old Apr 09, 2012, 11:56 AM
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Mar 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty11 View Post
Does anybody have a #16 vs gopro2 side-by-side comparison video?
808 #16 HD Keychain Camera Review Video Vs GoPro Hero- RC cam (3 min 1 sec)
clarebanner is offline Find More Posts by clarebanner
Old Apr 09, 2012, 12:12 PM
United States, IN
Joined Jan 2012
785 Posts
I just ordered a #16 from elotoponline or whatever his name is off ebay. I bought a #3 for $11.00 with free shipping and I love that thing. I hope this #16 is as fun and can produce sharper video.

Plus I just figured out how to do flips with my Blade quad and want to put the #16 on the quad while do my flip flips!

One question - with the #18 coming out, will that cause the #11 and #16 to be offered at a lower price?
HoosierGuy is offline Find More Posts by HoosierGuy
Old Apr 09, 2012, 01:03 PM
Joined Mar 2012
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarebanner View Post
I can understand why action camera users might want a wide angle lens but for me, using the camera as a spy cam, I require the narrower field of veiw. May be a solution is for the manufacturer to make a holder that the camera can be mounted in and the front has a fixture of some sort for holding a variety of lenses. For my use I might go narrower but not wider.

A reason to consider configuring for one button operation is people who carry the camera but rarely use it and then the moment they want to capture comes and they can't remember how to turn it on. My guess is a lot of users would ditch the photo feature in return for fool proof starting.
flying circus is offline Find More Posts by flying circus