HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:22 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboSerg View Post
Yea it says 0.23 now, I dont know which FW I had before. Will try to record now and see if I have same video problem. I just found weird that I got different LED blinking while flashing.
agreed, but it works now which is good.
Has your corrupt file problem gone also?

Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:23 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,185 Posts
Quote:
Yea it was a FW problem. They should include that in to manual.
Cameras now being shipped do not have old firmware on them, so the manual doesn't need to include this, plus it's not practical to update the manual every time a firmware update comes out. That's what the firmware page (post #4) is for and why the title of the thread directs everyone to first read posts #1 to #5 before asking questions.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:45 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
agreed, but it works now which is good.
Has your corrupt file problem gone also?

Mike
The corruption will certainly be gone! It was the old "sudden all bright sky causing corrupt file" bug that was discovered during testing. It got fixed with numerous firmware revisions around the end of the year, and was not discussed much here. There is still a "blue sky causing hue shift" bug, but it's much harder to fix with no solution yet.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:56 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
The corruption will certainly be gone! It was the old "sudden all bright sky causing corrupt file" ...
Thank you.
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:00 PM
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
Another issue Iam having
I fully charged the battery so that the green LED went off. Then I did a test recording. It recorded for 43 min and went off. I tried to record again - it recorded for 40 secs then the red LED blinked 3 times and camera went off. After doing it couple of times the camera would start and immediately flash 3 times red and go off. The manual says the red LED should blink 20x times if the battery is low, but I get 3x times. I have 8 gig card and video is only 2 gigs, so the card is not full.
Manual says:
Red LED flashes 3 times and then the camera turns off:
The camera is turning off, either automatically or manually

Huh? Whats going on`?

Quote:
Thanks for the video evidence. One question though. It looks like you stop pressing the power button when the LED starts to flash, but your thumb is over the power button for a long time before you remove it, so I can't tell for sure. Are you holding the button down any of that time after the led starts to flash? If not, then there is a difference in certain cameras, because my reacts EXACTLY as I wrote in the firmware flashing post #4. I'll revise the post if your acts the same if you IMMEDIATELY lifted you thumb from the button when the yellow LED first turns on. It only take a very brief button press to start the LED flashin and the firmware installation to begin.
Your welcome. Yes, I only press for an instant, like 200 milliseconds. You can hear the click. This one click was press and release of the button. I remove my hand later as I noticed it would not be clear if I hold the button or not, which is was too late I guess Thx for your hard work.
RoboSerg is offline Find More Posts by RoboSerg
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:07 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,185 Posts
Quote:
Another issue Iam having
I fully charged the battery so that the green LED went off. Then I did a test recording. It recorded for 43 min and went off. I tried to record again - it recorded for 40 secs then the red LED blinked 3 times and camera went off. After doing it couple of times the camera would start and immediately flash 3 times red and go off. The manual says the red LED should blink 20x times if the battery is low, but I get 3x times. I have 8 gig card and video is only 2 gigs, so the card is not full.
Manual says:
Red LED flashes 3 times and then the camera turns off:
The camera is turning off, either automatically or manually

Huh? Whats going on`?
Your battery is depleted (see FAQ on battery life and/or normal recording time... I forget the exact name). 40-45 min. is the normal max recording time for a fully charged battery. While there, read all the FAQs... you'll likely run into other issues you haven't discovered yet, but will then ask about later.

The RED LED should blink the stated 20 times (I never bothered to count them!) as it is first dying. But once it's dead, it doesn't have enough power to keep the camera operating for that long, so when you try to restart it with a dead battery, it just gives the normal "three blink I'm shutting down" RED LED flashes. And if you try that enough times, it will not even bother to do that. I don't think anyone has bother to notice the red LED blinks as a battery is dying unless during a test (as I once did).
Last edited by Tom Frank; Mar 18, 2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:16 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,370 Posts
Stuck a thermocouple on the battery of one of my #16s and had the camera record the temperature rise...
Appeared to be leveling off just above 120░ F... battery depleted at 20 minutes..
Sparky Paul is online now Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:21 PM
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
Quote:
Your battery is depleted (see FAQ on battery life and/or normal recording time... I forget the exact name). 40-45 min. is the normal max recording time for a fully charged battery. While there, read all the FAQs... you'll likely run into other issues you haven't discovered yet, but will then ask about later.

The RED LED should blink the stated 20 times (I never bothered to count them!) as it is first dying. But once it's dead, it doesn't have enough power to keep the camera operating for that long, so when you try to restart it with a dead battery, it just gives the normal "three blink I'm shutting down" RED LED flashes. And if you try that enough times, it will not even bother to do that. I don't think anyone has bother to notice the red LED blinks as a battery is dying unless during a test (as I once did).
Oh wow thank you. Will have to buy mini Lipo then. I will use the mini usb port for charging. I will need a 2s battery, right? As it needs 5V min to be able to charge? A 1s battery only gives 4.2V and lower, so it wont cut?
RoboSerg is offline Find More Posts by RoboSerg
Last edited by RoboSerg; Mar 18, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:42 PM
Joined Jul 2004
8 Posts
keychain HK cx911

Hi

I recently bought my camera in Hobbyking.
640x480 30fps avi anyka
chip ak3751B and version cx911
someone could tell me if there is update????
Date time is lower right corner cyan blue color

I really liked this camera, the video is very good.
hpeterg is offline Find More Posts by hpeterg
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:50 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,370 Posts
Quote:
Oh wow thank you. Will have to buy mini Lipo then. I will use the mini usb port for charging. I will need a 2s battery, right? As it needs 5V min to be able to charge? A 1s battery only gives 4.2V and lower, so it wont cut?
It's a -single cell- LIPO!
3.7 volts.
A 2 cell will burn up your camera! 7.4 volts!
Sparky Paul is online now Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:56 PM
Pirate des Cara´bes
Curacao
Joined Feb 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpeterg View Post
640x480 30fps avi anyka

Title of this thread:
The New #16 HD Key Cam (READ Posts#1-#5 BEFORE posting questions)
I guess you are in the wrong place.
CapitaineHaddock is offline Find More Posts by CapitaineHaddock
Old Mar 18, 2012, 07:01 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Miami Lakes, Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2003
8,481 Posts
Quote:
If you're going to build a circuit to supply +5 volts through the USB connector then yes, you could use a 2S LiPo with a 5 volt regulator, assuming that you know how to wire it up properly.
Miami Mike is offline Find More Posts by Miami Mike
Old Mar 18, 2012, 07:02 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky Paul View Post
Stuck a thermocouple on the battery of one of my #16s and had the camera record the temperature rise...
Appeared to be leveling off just above 120░ F... battery depleted at 20 minutes..
I only measure the external camera case temps. I'd expect the internal component surface temperatures to be considerably higher. 120 deg. on the little lipo is higher than I like to see on my flight lipos, so it's being worked pretty hard for an inexpensive low C-rated (assumed!) cell. All my video cameras get warm, but those with "808" style tiny cases feel the warmest with very little air space inside and very little separation of heat producing components from the case wall. And the HD 808 cameras (#11, #16 and now #18) have to work a LOT harder processing the 720p H.264 encoded video than the old VGA 808's, so they will get even hotter. But even at that, I do not think the camera chips are being heated outside their operating specs.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 07:04 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpeterg View Post
Hi

640x480 30fps avi anyka

I really liked this camera, the video is very good.
Wrong thread for this question. This is ONLY for #16 HD camera support. Try the "mega keychain camera" thread.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 07:09 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,185 Posts
Quote:
Once again, PLEASE read the FAQs! There is a big post covering external power. Use the resources we provide for you. This is a "self-help" thread, and you have to put in a little effort to find answers to frequent questions. We do not have the time or desired to keep answering the same questions over and over. That why the FAQs page is maintained. I don't mean to be un-cooperative, but you are asking questions that have been asked and answered in the FAQs.