Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:15 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2 Posts
Just in case anyone is using Gunnar Thalin's Deshaker software, the rolling shutter speed of the 808#16 is about 74%.
maxkforce is offline Find More Posts by maxkforce
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:50 AM
Guildford Surrey UK
Joined Mar 2004
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Is that the web address? If so, it's not one of the confirmed sellers as noted in post #2. Ignored emails and no product is a big flag for filing a Paypal dispute to get a refund. Sounds like you tried that approach but were denied? I'd at least log a big negative feedback on eBay... they don't like that!
thanks for the reply this is the trading name on ebay .
I was denied as over 45 days because I fell into the trap on waiting further time for delivery by the seller

update...after leaving neg feedback refund received
alanb is offline Find More Posts by alanb
Last edited by alanb; Mar 19, 2012 at 03:48 AM. Reason: refunded
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:13 AM
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Mar 2012
65 Posts
I was just wondering has anyone tried the You Tube Stabilizer ? This is a sample from my 808#16 camera using Y.T. Stabilizer Editor....http://youtu.be/Qew6OlkxzS4
clarebanner is offline Find More Posts by clarebanner
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:03 AM
vrc
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
You say this happened to 3 similar cards. Are all 3 cards now bad? If yes, are they all Sandisk 16GB Class 4 cards? The Sandisk 16GB Class 4 card is the only card known so far which "flips" to write-protect. As Tom has told you, there is no way to recover the card and it is definitely a case for warranty.
I have added a link to your original posting on the list of problematic cards. You are already the third person to report problems with the Sandisk 16GB Class 4 so this appears to be a manufacturing defect.
Yes, all 3 cards are bad; they were purchased together 3 weeks ago through Amazon; I bought 4 similar ones in fact. I was trying all 4 in 4 cameras #16 in parallel, testing the battery capacity. 1 card remains functional. Note that I had already performed this test a few times before (4-5 times) without an issue. The #16 cameras are really great! Excellent job! After having tried so many ways of formatting the cards, I am close to giving up and send back the cards. I'd like to mention too that following the user guide, I formatted "in-camera". Not sure if this plays a role here, but could be? Thank you.
vrc is offline Find More Posts by vrc
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:10 AM
vrc
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
You say this happened to 3 similar cards. Are all 3 cards now bad? If yes, are they all Sandisk 16GB Class 4 cards? The Sandisk 16GB Class 4 card is the only card known so far which "flips" to write-protect. As Tom has told you, there is no way to recover the card and it is definitely a case for warranty.
I have added a link to your original posting on the list of problematic cards. You are already the third person to report problems with the Sandisk 16GB Class 4 so this appears to be a manufacturing defect.
Yes, by the way, all 3 (all 4 since one is still functional, but for how long?) are Sandisk MicroSDHC 16GB Class 4. Bought on Amazon.com, sold by KEFERS.
vrc is offline Find More Posts by vrc
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:35 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrc View Post
Yes, by the way, all 3 (all 4 since one is still functional, but for how long?) are Sandisk MicroSDHC 16GB Class 4. Bought on Amazon.com, sold by KEFERS.
Could be fake Sandisk?? Best check direct with Sandisk.

Have you tried to reformat in any other device, not Windows, say a point & shoot cam?
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:30 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarebanner View Post
I was just wondering has anyone tried the You Tube Stabilizer ? This is a sample from my 808#16 camera using Y.T. Stabilizer Editor....http://youtu.be/Qew6OlkxzS4
The youtube stabiliser is easy to use but I think it is too strong. You can see the videos look weird and very unnatural. Also it removes the black boarders by zooming in, so you will loose a large % of the video.

Deshaker by Gunnar Thalin has a lot of options, so you can make your video more stable but keep it looking normal.

I use my 808 #16 on my bicycle helmet and I stabilise the footage by 3%. It doesn't sound like much but 3% is noticeably smoother.
maxkforce is offline Find More Posts by maxkforce
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:49 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1 Posts
Hello guys im not sure where to post this question...

I need to mount the camera on its side when im using a headstrap.

However, this then records the video sideways which makes for a high video but not very wide!

Is it possible to spin the camera around inside so that the video records flat, when the camera is on its side?

Thanks all.
CraigLovelock is offline Find More Posts by CraigLovelock
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:05 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
Could be fake Sandisk?? Best check direct with Sandisk.

Have you tried to reformat in any other device, not Windows, say a point & shoot cam?
He mentioned that he tried everything, and I can well believe it.

There are now FIVE known Sandisk 16GB Class 4 which have been reported to have this problem so it can't be just chance or fake cards - unless all cards were bought from the same seller...

Since no other cards have been reported to do this, I conclude this must be a manufacturing defect and Sandisk should recall these cards or risk ruining their name! I would be interested if all cards are replaced by warranty - could be a bit difficult if he sends all three in together. And what about the other two users? Did they get their cards replaced - or were they indeed fakes?
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Feb 2012
15 Posts
I am also having issues with the Sandisk 16gb class4 card. I bought 4 of them from a reputable retailer but returned 3 after one card I tried would not let me access files due to write protection. However I did manage to access the files using an old SDcard adapter, not the one that came with the 16GB. If I insert it into my USB hub which has a MicroSD slot, it shows the card is write protected and I can't format or nothing. Only way for me to gain access to the videos is by using my old SD card adapter or inserting it into my ContourHD camera.

Btw I formatted the card before using it with a program called SDFormatter.

On another note. Say I use the 808 #16 camera for 8 hrs a day as a dashcam hooked up to an external battery pack, is there any harm of overheating or damage to the camera? The lipo battery from my understanding lasts for about 1 year under normal use but if I'm using the heck out of it will I need to replace it sooner?
steve5 is offline Find More Posts by steve5
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:08 AM
seahorse41
Joined Jan 2012
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Mike View Post
There doesn't seem to be any good reason for the camera to delete the SYSCFG.TXT file after it has read it.
Perhaps because it takes longer to boot up if it has to process the syscfg file.
seahorse41 is offline Find More Posts by seahorse41
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:14 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanb View Post
thanks for the reply this is the trading name on ebay .
I was denied as over 45 days because I fell into the trap on waiting further time for delivery by the seller
I would not give up on this. Was the camera sent with a tracking number? That could help locate the last point of handling. If the seller sent with no tracking to be sure the camera reached the buyer's address, shame on him! It could be lost in the mail. I see another person bought and received the camera, and the eBay seller rating is extremely good. Email can get routed to spam and never reach the seller. Usually there is a way to post quextion to the seller other than email. Anyway, good luck. I hope your camera arrives... I've had mail to China take a LONG time on rare occasions.

For others reading this, the sellers listed in post #2 in this thread have had no reports like this, and are confirmed by the developer as being valid sales outlets for the camera. Others may be resellers.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:19 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarebanner View Post
Yes, it's been tried. When the motion is very slight (like hand held motion it works pretty good as you clip shows. When the motion is severe, like it can be in RC plane flying, action sports, etc. it will zoom the image too much to get the black border areas created by the motion cancellation out of the visible frame. The result is a badly degraded image (blurred due to digital zooming or "smeared" at the edges).
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:24 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigLovelock View Post
Hello guys im not sure where to post this question...

I need to mount the camera on its side when im using a headstrap.

However, this then records the video sideways which makes for a high video but not very wide!

Is it possible to spin the camera around inside so that the video records flat, when the camera is on its side?

Thanks all.
Not possible with this camera. You can rotate the image afterwards with an editor, of course, but then it will be a tall narrow picture (maybe that is OK)? It's not difficult to make a mount for your helmet, though, so the camera can be mounted normally. Put it on top, or use your imagination for a side mount!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Oct 2011
849 Posts
deleted
syzygyQ is online now Find More Posts by syzygyQ
Last edited by syzygyQ; May 22, 2012 at 09:53 PM.