Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 25, 2012, 07:15 PM
USA, OH, Marysville
Joined May 2010
373 Posts
I know you can get wide angle and fish eye but do they make one bring your far video up close?
jmdlcar is offline Find More Posts by jmdlcar
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Binding VLToys V212 Quadcopter
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2012, 08:17 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdlcar View Post
I know you can get wide angle and fish eye but do they make one bring your far video up close?
Telephoto lens are available, but the cost is loss of angle of view, which is one of the things aerial photography needs to make interesting shots.
A little googleing will pull up all sorts of lens. You might start your search on the DealExtreme website.
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:13 PM
USA, NY, Bellmore
Joined Aug 2006
179 Posts
Tom,
Interesting factoid.
I ordered 2 #16 cameras one I changed to vs .18 and that shoots in mov. format.
The other camera I left in vs .15 and it records in avi and I can run that in my Sony tablet, but not the mov standard, seems there is no app to run that on android tablets, ipads could but can't read from a SD card I was told. So the convenience of having a tablet at the field is defeated.
Rudi
P.s. I have not yet posted my video on you tube yet....
R
zwever39 is offline Find More Posts by zwever39
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:25 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwever39 View Post
Tom,
Interesting factoid.
The other camera I left in vs .15 and it records in avi and I can run that in my Sony tablet, but not the mov standard, seems there is no app to run that on android tablets, ipads could but can't read from a SD card I was told. So the convenience of having a tablet at the field is defeated.
Rudi
R
I can read the card with my IPAD 2.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:43 PM
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2009
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
You most certainly can using the USB adapter in the iPad Camera Kit. It will sometimes reject the camera if it is low on charge citing that the device uses too much power. Just make sure it close to fully charged and it won't do it.
nrg2go is online now Find More Posts by nrg2go
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:45 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrg2go View Post
You most certainly can using the USB adapter in the iPad Camera Kit. It will sometimes reject the camera if it is low on charge citing that the device uses too much power. Just make sure it close to fully charged and it won't do it.
That's what I implied. Yes, plugging in the camera, if it needs charged, will not work. The IPAD protects itself from being discharged. The USB adapter is implied.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Feb 26, 2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:53 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,419 Posts
Quote:
Tom,
Interesting factoid.
Rudi
R
You can also run the 0.18 .AVI firmware, too. You'll need to first re-encode it if you want to edit it, though, just like the older version.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:08 AM
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2009
1,186 Posts
Quote:
That's what I implied. Yes, plugging in the camera, if it needs charged, will not work. The IPAD protects itself from being discharged. The USB adapter is implied.
Sorry, thought it was a question.
nrg2go is online now Find More Posts by nrg2go
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:15 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrg2go View Post
Sorry, thought it was a question.
Threads can move pretty fast and simple statements get misconstrued as a question.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:08 AM
Red Sox Territory
Joined Mar 2009
50 Posts
Just got my brand spankin new 808 #16 in the mail today, exactly 2 weeks shipped to my door here in Boston from purchase... not bad at all. Will definitely test this thing out but I'm excited and have got lots of good info from this thread. Thinking bout getting a new lens but we'll see.
mmmbcn is offline Find More Posts by mmmbcn
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:28 AM
USA, NY, Bellmore
Joined Aug 2006
179 Posts
Quote:
P100,
Funny about that I was told at the Apple store that I could NOT read a video off an SD card stills yes. Verified by a second employee!
Rudi
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:30 AM
USA, NY, Bellmore
Joined Aug 2006
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
You can also run the 0.18 .AVI firmware, too. You'll need to first re-encode it if you want to edit it, though, just like the older version.
P100,
The idea was that would be able to see the video on my tablet at the field. I could always edit at home on a real computer....
Rudi
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:50 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,362 Posts
Quote:
P100,
The idea was that would be able to see the video on my tablet at the field. I could always edit at home on a real computer....
Rudi
Rudi,

Here is video I edited with IPAD iMovie after loading into my IPAD from the micro card. I have a micro card to USB adapter that I plug into the Apple USB reader.

No. 16 HD Key am Sunny Backyard (0 min 53 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Feb 26, 2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:58 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Tom,
Interesting factoid.
Rudi
R
MX Video Viewer works for Android
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Feb 26, 2012, 02:50 PM
Joined Sep 2007
15 Posts
Whenever my #16 arrives (probably by next friday or saturday), I'll be attempting to see if the transcend 16gb class 10 card I ordered will work, as stated before I'm almost positive it will not work, but it's worth giving it a try. Wish I had known before I ordered it that faster = bad for the current firmware. I only went off the techmoan review when ordering, and that didn't mention the problem.

Is there a v19 firmware in the works to be released soon which fixes the > class 4 bug? If there is I won't have to return my transcend card once I find out it doesn't work.
Karag is offline Find More Posts by Karag