Old Feb 10, 2012, 02:37 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by free.sky View Post
Please...
someone could remember me which are the micro sd 16gb class 6 compatible with this cam?
Thanks
You will find the answer here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=964
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2012, 03:00 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,459 Posts
Quote:
Please...
someone could remember me which are the micro sd 16gb class 6 compatible with this cam?
Thanks
Also look here, for the many 16GB class 6 cards that will NOT WORK.

Until the card issue is fixed, I suggest you do not buy 16GB class 6 or class 10 cards. If you must have 16GB, your best bet is Class 4.

I have a Samsung 16GB Class 6 that works, but it has minor formatting issues. For another user the Samsung did not work.

I have not heard anybody who has had perfect success with 16GB class 6.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Feb 10, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Jun 2011
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post

Until the card issue is fixed, I suggest you do not buy 16GB class 6 or class 10 cards. If you must have 16GB, your best bet is Class 4.

I have a Samsung 16GB Class 6 that works, but it has minor formatting issues. For another user the Samsung did not work.

Thank you!
So I don't lose data using class 4?
free.sky is offline Find More Posts by free.sky
Old Feb 10, 2012, 03:58 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,148 Posts
Quote:
Thank you!
So I don't lose data using class 4?
So far, good quality name-brand CL 4 cards have worked OK. Stay away from generic, no-name brands and you should be OK.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Feb 10, 2012, 04:07 PM
Russian Federation, Moscow
Joined Feb 2012
10 Posts
Could you please upload 0.15 firmware ?
i'm also facing this problem with 15-60 seconds-record-stop
and can't yet figure out if it a card problem or not.
alex_z is offline Find More Posts by alex_z
Old Feb 10, 2012, 04:19 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_z View Post
Could you please upload 0.15 firmware ?
i'm also facing this problem with 15-60 seconds-record-stop
and can't yet figure out if it a card problem or not.
I do not want to post obsolete firmware here for download... it's several generations old and has video quality issues. PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 05:14 PM
United States, AR
Joined Mar 2009
520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedRobot View Post
Here is my second test flight with my airplane, "Dagmar" from my 5th floor balcony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQLzv6Gnoe4

there is room for improvement.
Best flight video on this thread so far.
Randbo39 is offline Find More Posts by Randbo39
Old Feb 10, 2012, 05:29 PM
Joined Feb 2010
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Probably not the flash player directly, but the fact there's too much web traffic eating up the available bandwidth, either on the host's server or on your local download link server.
No, that's not the explanation. Because if I pause the online playback at the beginning until the file download has completed, it's still jerky when I play it. So, it really does appear to be a problem with Vimeo's streaming player, not congestion, at least on my computers running XP.

I do not get this problem on YouTube. So I'm just saying if it plays jerky on Vimeo, it may not be because it really is jerky. The test is to find the file in your temporary internet files, copy it somewhere else, and play the copy on VLC. When I do that, everything is smooth.
wayback is offline Find More Posts by wayback
Old Feb 10, 2012, 06:37 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayback View Post
No, that's not the explanation. Because if I pause the online playback at the beginning until the file download has completed, it's still jerky when I play it. So, it really does appear to be a problem with Vimeo's streaming player, not congestion, at least on my computers running XP.

I do not get this problem on YouTube. So I'm just saying if it plays jerky on Vimeo, it may not be because it really is jerky. The test is to find the file in your temporary internet files, copy it somewhere else, and play the copy on VLC. When I do that, everything is smooth.
But if you wait until the file has been completely buffered, it's now on your computer and Vimeo is no longer streaming it after that. If it still plays rough in the flash player, that's then on your end, not Vimeo's. But VLC might be able to play it more efficiently, though, so can play it smooth on your system where the Flash player can't.

You can't really compare streaming speed between Vimeo and YouTube unless you know their respective bitrates used in compressing the video and during streaming. I believe Vimeo has better quality video and higher bit rate, so it's harder to receive and decode the stream smoothly.

If you've got a way to playback smoothly, that's all that matters. I seldom have the problem you mention on my PC, but it's a pretty fast one.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Feb 10, 2012 at 09:13 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 10, 2012, 07:43 PM
Joined Jan 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post

I have a sandisk 16 gb class 6 that seems to be ok. i only have tried it a few times with a few mins. but so far its good. you guys recommend i move to a different card? anyone have any issues with this card?
acrop is offline Find More Posts by acrop
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:15 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrop View Post
I have a sandisk 16 gb class 6 that seems to be ok. i only have tried it a few times with a few mins. but so far its good. you guys recommend i move to a different card? anyone have any issues with this card?
If there were issues with that card, and it had been posted here, it would be listed in the post of problem cards. Since it's not and it's working for you, don't worry about "fixing" it!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:42 PM
Joined Feb 2010
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
But if you wait until the file has been completely buffered, it's now on your computer and Vimeo is no longer streaming it after that. If it still plays rough in the flash player, that's then on your end, not Vimeo's.
Of course I could be wrong, but I believe the player is a special one provided by Vimeo rather than generic flash. In their forums, I've seen a number of references to changes they've made to their player.

Anyway, my point was just that even if the file plays jerky on Vimeo, it's possible there's nothing wrong with the file.
wayback is offline Find More Posts by wayback
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:05 AM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedRobot View Post
Here is my second test flight with my airplane, "Dagmar" from my 5th floor balcony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQLzv6Gnoe4

there is room for improvement.
Thanks. I had a good laughter in the morning. A good start for me but maybe not for you
hakank is offline Find More Posts by hakank
Old Feb 11, 2012, 02:15 AM
Deutschland, BY, Kulmbach
Joined May 2011
37 Posts
the passage about transcend card in post#964 is wrong and should be extinguished.
Transcend 16GB class6 doesn´t work accurate with #16cam.
downhill is offline Find More Posts by downhill
Old Feb 11, 2012, 02:52 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrop View Post
I think Sandisk are the most compatible cards. To date there have not been any issues reported with either this camera or with the #11 using a Sandisk card. I didn't want to recommend any specific brand because all major brands 16GB cards class 6 or class 10, except Sandisk, have problems with the #16. But this doesn't mean the 16GB class 6 Sandisk will work without problems, it may be that nobody has yet tested it.
I have many Sandisk cards, but not a 16GB one. The 32GB Class 6 Sandisk works perfectly on my camera, so I see no reason why the 16GB card shouldn't work either.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop