HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 23, 2011, 09:44 AM
Joined Aug 2010
930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnGuard View Post
Redid the video in Windows Live Movie Maker the other video editor I was using was coming out choppy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6TSaJ5nbZs
Looks good, we have to remember that this is a keychain camera, not a GoPro.
thekubiaks is offline Find More Posts by thekubiaks
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2011, 09:47 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,456 Posts
This free editor from Pinnacle maybe worth a try

http://videospin.com/redesign/tutori..._tutorials.asp
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Dec 23, 2011, 09:52 AM
Italia, Lombardia, Milano
Joined May 2011
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasuno View Post
hey guys I found that on Dealextreme. I think this is waht we're looking for. It's a set of fisheye lens with a lot of sizes, and it's cheapr for what it is.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/2-8mm-1...ens-pack-15774
found the same some days ago but I think the M12 thread is way bigger than our cmos module
Giorg is offline Find More Posts by Giorg
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:19 AM
Nevada, USA
Joined Sep 2007
1,921 Posts
Quote:
Redid the video in Windows Live Movie Maker the other video editor I was using was coming out choppy.
Looks pretty awful IMHO, color shifting, and the bright pink circle when shooting above horizon is what? Not a big improvement over #11 (maybe worse) for the casual user like 99% of us.
Prof"s vid is better with less color shifting under the overcast skies, but still has the bright circle in the middle. You do rolling stops in Michigan too?
capt is offline Find More Posts by capt
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:30 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt View Post
Looks pretty awful IMHO, color shifting, and the bright pink circle when shooting above horizon is what? Not a big improvement over #11 (maybe worse) for the casual user like 99% of us.
Prof"s vid is better with less color shifting under the overcast skies, but still has the bright circle in the middle. You do rolling stops in Michigan too?
I edited the video to make it look like a rolling stop .

The sun is out today in southeastern Michigan (one of three times during winter). I will capture some video with sunshine.

Bill
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:36 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,456 Posts
There seem to be more issues with hotspot and color/exposure searching on aerial video. I get most when the plane rocks above and below the horizon. On a car, the % sky is usually less, and is more stable, so the video is better.
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:54 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnGuard View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6TSaJ5nbZs
Less choppy for sure. Color is less saturated with this iteration of camera, and, therefore, more realistic.

FYI, I use Videpad editor for these videos. It does do things I like.
1. It crops and zooms in on a scene so long distance shots of planes can at least be cropped so the plane is not a dot in the sky. Yes, it pixelates, but that's a small tradeoff to me.
2. Final transcoding for upload uses a compression scheme that saves space on your hard drive and time when you upload to Youtube.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:42 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type8 View Post
Horizontal Angle of view
#3 various reports of 30 to 44 degrees
#8 24.8 degrees (http://www.chucklohr.com/808/C8/)
#11 51 degrees (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7837)
#16 42.6 degrees (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=86)

Glad to see wider options will be available, excellent news!
HTH
Thanks for the horizontal AOV angles. The "approx 58 deg" angle I mentioned is measured diagonally, corner-to-corner, which is how I think of AOV... i.e. AOV needed to fill the whole frame.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Dec 23, 2011, 01:59 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,902 Posts
Quote:
WE are still testing firmware revision, since I noticed a lot of color shifting here in S. Florida in the very bright sun that I did not see at home in Seattle (where the sun never shines). I have right now new firware that looks MUCH better... I'll post a sample clip shortly.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 02:56 PM
Southwest England
Joined Nov 2010
331 Posts
Quote:
I ordered the #16 a few days back after hearing that the green/brown colour hunting problem has been fixed, and the other fixes/improvements, but...

Although I didn't notice any colour hunting, (it was a dull day?) I'm not impressed with the hot spot in the middle of the video. (It's even obvious on embedded still shot.) My 11# is far superior in an even luminance across the frame. Hope I haven't wasted 25

If I recall correctly there is a way of masking the hotspot with Virtual Dub, which I guess may be the way to go. If it is a real problem with the new camera it's rather a shame. I doubt that's something that can be easily fixed with a firmware up date? Maybe I should have waited a while longer before ordering!
bobflyman is offline Find More Posts by bobflyman
Last edited by bobflyman; Dec 23, 2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 03:08 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,902 Posts
Firmware test

Maybe this short clip will convince you all of what the #16 will become once the firmware is mature. It's still beinging refined for all lighting conditions. This is about as good as anyone can expect, I think, for $40.

#16 Test Video-click image to play

My netbook doesn't play the full HD image smoothly... hopefully you have a more capable PC. The colors on the native clip are a tiny bit more vivid and dead on for color and stability. About as good as it gets with a $40 HD key cam, folks!
Last edited by Tom Frank; Dec 23, 2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 04:18 PM
Southwest England
Joined Nov 2010
331 Posts
Impressive Tom. Maybe I haven't wasted my 25 after all!

The hot spot is nowhere near as obvious in your clip and the colours (or colors?) and sharpness are great.

P.S. I like your new boat and the boat dock at the back of your house.
bobflyman is offline Find More Posts by bobflyman
Old Dec 23, 2011, 04:21 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,669 Posts
Looks good Tom. Just to check...there is no audio in your clip correct?
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Maybe this short clip will convince you all of what the #16 will become once the firmware is mature. It's still beinging refined for all lighting conditions. This is about as good as anyone can expect, I think, for $40.

#16 Test Video-click image to play

My netbook doesn't play the full HD image smoothly... hopefully you have a more capable PC. The colors on the native clip are a tiny bit more vivid and dead on for color and stability. About as good as it gets with a $40 HD key cam, folks!
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Dec 23, 2011, 04:47 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Looks good Tom. Just to check...there is no audio in your clip correct?
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Yes... audio was muted to reduce file size and because there was noting to hear! The #16 audio is a very high bit rate and just inflates the file size.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 04:49 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobflyman View Post
Impressive Tom. Maybe I haven't wasted my 25 after all!

The hot spot is nowhere near as obvious in your clip and the colours (or colors?) and sharpness are great.

P.S. I like your new boat and the boat dock at the back of your house.
I wish! (if I were a boater, which I'm not)