HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2011, 09:51 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
Where/what is the free battery repalcement offer? Can't seem to find a link.
The offer is talked about earlier in the thread. All you do is send a comment or note when you pay via Paypal that states you are a member of RCgroups, insert your screen name so they can see you are active on the thread about their camera. Once they verify you are RCgroups member and contributor to the thread they'll send back a note saying to you get a free battery with purchase of the new #16.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:43 AM
Joined Dec 2011
4 Posts
Sorry for noob questions,

1. Can I use MicroSD "HC" for this #16 ? and what capacity should I get ? Because I want to choose between 16GB or 32GB? Better if use class 6 or class 10 ?

2. How long the battery lasts? How many hours we can use it with a single charge ?

I hope can get answer about this..Appreciated it...
Gunawan204 is offline Find More Posts by Gunawan204
Old Dec 22, 2011, 11:10 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wid View Post
That is great news Tom. The wider the AOV, the fewer cameras I'll need on the purpose built plane I'm building. I'm told there is even editing software that can do a decent job of removing fisheye. I was a little disappointed to learn the #16 has a narrower AOV than the #11, though the improvements in the #16 convinced me to give it a try.
I posted a side by side comparison video showing AOV difference in the #11 thread.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Dec 22, 2011, 11:32 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunawan204 View Post
Sorry for noob questions,

1. Can I use MicroSD "HC" for this #16 ? and what capacity should I get ? Because I want to choose between 16GB or 32GB? Better if use class 6 or class 10 ?

2. How long the battery lasts? How many hours we can use it with a single charge ?

I hope can get answer about this..Appreciated it...
Yes, Micro SDHC are the cards you are looking for. You want quality, brand names, such as Sandisk, Transcend or Kingston. Class 6 is enough, but there's no harm in getting class 10 if you don't mind paying a bit more. I have tested Class 2 (Sandisk) and it also works!

16GB will give you up to max. 5 hours of video, 32GB will give you up to max. 10 hours.

A single charge will give you about 45 minutes continuous recording when the battery is new. If you want longer recordings then you need an external USB battery.

I posted an article about power supplies on the #11 thread here. A lot of the information is also valid for the #16 except ignore all reference to the "special" cable. Charging and recording while charging is also different. The article should at least give you an idea of recording times.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Last edited by Isoprop; Dec 22, 2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 11:55 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,342 Posts
Flight on old E-starter with #11 and HK Wing lens. Still needs focus tweak, also had moisture condensation on the lens. Sunny tomorrow Pitiful landing, rudder servo was out

#11 HK lens on E-starter (3 min 29 sec)
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:10 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
Yes, Micro SDHC are the cards you are looking for. You want quality, brand names, such as Sandisk, Transcend or Kingston. Class 6 is enough, but there's no harm in getting class 10 if you don't mind paying a bit more. I have tested Class 2 (Sandisk) and it also works!

16GB will give you up to max. 5 hours of video, 32GB will give you up to max. 10 hours.

A single charge will give you about 45 minutes continuous recording when the battery is new. If you want longer recordings then you need an external USB battery.

I posted an article about power supplies on the #11 thread here. A lot of the information is also valid for the #16 except ignore all reference to the "special" cable. Charging and recording while charging is also different. The article should at least give you an idea of recording times.
Thank you...definetly will buy external USB battery.

I found this on eBay, Can I use this ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-AA-Batte...#ht_1438wt_905
Last edited by Gunawan204; Dec 22, 2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: adding question
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:21 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,256 Posts
Quote:
Eletoponline sells the 1200 mah external power supply. Price is $16. Picture below has the key cam displayed for size. Camera not included.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Dec 22, 2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 01:05 PM
Joined Feb 2010
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I posted a side by side comparison video showing AOV difference in the #11 thread.
I've been away, but would appreciate it if someone could summarize the AOV differences between the #3, the #11, and the #16.
wayback is offline Find More Posts by wayback
Old Dec 22, 2011, 01:11 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4 Posts
External battery pack

Old Dec 22, 2011, 01:20 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,256 Posts
Quote:
You only need to post your question once.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 22, 2011, 01:36 PM
Joined Dec 2011
49 Posts
Why not use the receiver for power?
flashbang is offline Find More Posts by flashbang
Old Dec 22, 2011, 02:06 PM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,920 Posts
Here I go again...
This is a fast moving thread. In order to keep track of stuff I am interested in I cut and paste the relevant bits into a text editor.

I have done this with other very large threads... and I get the feeling this will become a very large thread !
sparklet is offline Find More Posts by sparklet
Old Dec 22, 2011, 02:15 PM
Indiana
Joined Nov 2004
626 Posts
I redid the video because the video editor I was using was making it come out choppy. I ended up using Windows Live Movie Maker and it comes out smooth.

30 Inch Fanfold 3D Foamy with #16 HD Keycam Onboard (4 min 11 sec)
OnGuard is offline Find More Posts by OnGuard
Last edited by OnGuard; Dec 23, 2011 at 05:36 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 02:24 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,464 Posts
Quote:

I don't know this item, but it boosts the voltage up from ~2.8V to 5V so there will be quite a bit of power lost. Personally, I have had bad experience with these sort of chargers for long recording. I think you will be dissapointed, unless you only need it for emergencies.

My advice, FWIW, is get a LIPO-based USB battery pack like Prof100 advises or pictured on my power supply post. Not cheap, but they work much better than 2-cell AA packs.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Dec 22, 2011, 03:33 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnGuard View Post
The original file from the camera is smother, but I think this looks pretty good for a cloudy day.
Looks good - thanks for sharing, possibly the first AV with this cam on this thread.

I look for vignetting and it's quite good. Only negative is the sample frame selected by YouTube which has the big pink hotspot, not at all typical of the video itself. YouTube has done that to some of mine too, other frames can be selected, but you probably know this

Thanks again!
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot