HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by MinnSpin, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 08:03 AM
Come Fly With Us Sometime
Alexandria, MN
Joined Sep 2008
26 Posts
Discussion
Waco - Revived

I have been meaning to add a blog entry here, finally got some time to do so.

My winter project, among many, is to complete the build of a 1/5 scale Pica Waco, which I bought from a retiring pilot who flew, crashed, rebuilt, and crashed again.
The saddle on top wing was severed, lower wing mount cracked, and numerous holes throughout the covering.
I have since repaired the wings, and am getting ready to cover. Planning to use a Saito 90 or a small Radial.

Fall 2013 Update: Finally stripped this airframe of all monokote, previous owner laid it on thick with a lot of heat - and it took a lot of heat to remove. Learned a great tip involving heat gun and packing tape from you tube - thanks to whoever developed that process.

Laid to rest.....amazing what a bit of flutter will do to an elevator hinge :-)

Onward.
MinnSpin is online now Find More Posts by MinnSpin
Last edited by MinnSpin; Aug 27, 2014 at 10:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts