SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 12:59 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
I got a flight in on my battery! It's a 55C 4500 mah 4S pack, in a 60" ExtremeFlight Extra 300EXP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxiIqRtc_00

The power is fantastic, even on the first cycle. I expect in a few flights it will get a little better as it is conditioned. I got 1380 watts, versus 1350 from my old favorite, the Sky LiPo 4400 mah 40C pack. Not a big jump, but still noticeable. I also noticed that in my hard full-throttle tumbles and flatspins that the power never sagged at all. It was smooth and consistent through the whole flight. The 8C charge rating is great as well!

The only thing that the Sky's have over the Genesis is the weight...the extra grams from the Genesis was noticeable, but the extra power made up for it. And still, it's much lighter for its capacity than anything from Turnigy or Rhino. It especially beats the pants off of the Nano-tech's!

Good job guys, you have a winner here. For super-high discharge packs, Genesis is the way to go!
amazing flight. looks like those hitec servos are nice too
rcbirk21 is online now Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2012, 08:05 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post
amazing flight. looks like those hitec servos are nice too
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby View Post
Amazing Flight!! You are super talented! Love those rollers! Glad to hear about the Genesis holding up to the power on demand! I just want to watch the video over and over again to hear and see the flight!

Happy New Year!

Regards,

Pete
Thanks for the kind words guys, and yes, the Hitec 7245 is an amazing servo!
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Jan 08, 2012, 01:27 PM
President @ Acadian RC Club
Lafayette, Louisiana
Joined Dec 2005
1,233 Posts
Nice batteries compared to some non name brand batteries but..... these batteries have a low C rating and the price per Mah is just to high.

Im sticking with my Turnigy Nano Techs... beats Genesis Power hands down. Sorry. Honesty is not all ways easy.
jonathan7x70 is offline Find More Posts by jonathan7x70
Old Jan 08, 2012, 01:37 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7x70 View Post
Nice batteries compared to some non name brand batteries but..... these batteries have a low C rating and the price per Mah is just to high.

Im sticking with my Turnigy Nano Techs... beats Genesis Power hands down. Sorry. Honesty is not all ways easy.
yeah...id have to disagree. i think the genesis are more consistant than the nano techs. ive seen soooo many nanos fail.
rcbirk21 is online now Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Jan 08, 2012, 02:15 PM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,175 Posts
Quote:

Ive only got 1 flight on my battery so far but as far as price there bang on with what i can get from HK $31.99 Banana $32 with the shipping edge going to BH . Now if i was in the US i could get the nano for $25.35 from the US warehouse . Now i havent used them but Nitro has the Sky lipo with a similar rating for $24 which gives it the best price but maybe not performance . When the weather gets better i'll try for some more flights and see what i actually think of this battery ( 3s 40c 3300mah )

I guess it will come down to how well they preform and hold up .
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Jan 08, 2012, 08:17 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
Quote:

I was holding off until I flew mine but since you brought it up I have to confer as I am finding the same thing as far as the c rating goes the Genisis 10s 4000 55c is holding a lower voltage at wot than the 10s 4500 35c nano pack. this is after 5 breaking cycles, a little disappointed but still need to fly them and see if they get better, I have seen this before where a pack wakes up after some flights so still crossing my fingers. but I think the dead giveaway was the 12awg wire on a 55c battery huh? really a 55c 4000mah is capable of 220amps continuous amperage and you wire it up with 12 gage wire???????? my 4s 4000 40c turnigy's come wired with 8awg
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:37 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,630 Posts
Genesis 4500 mah 55C 4S packs are 70 bucks even. Turnigy 4400 mah 65C Nano-Techs are 67.41. However, most importantly (to me) the Nanotechs are 27 grams more. So far I've seen quite a few Nano-Techs puff at much lower than 65C, others have been fine. The Genesis aren't as widely tested so we will see how long they last and how consistent they are. I've only got about 4 cycles on mine so far but I really like it.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:44 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,446 Posts
20+ nanos all failed before 75 cycles. Most of them couldn't handle a 5c charge rate. I will not buy anymore. I track all my charges and am not hard persay on my packs. So far my genesis lipos are holding up much better. I will check to see how many cycles I'm up to on my free battery. Will let you all know how its holding
up when I hit one hundred cycles on it. It shouldn't take long
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:11 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,339 Posts
Hi!
Are these LiPos the same as GensACE?
If so I'm gonna stock up with 5S2200 55Cs

Cheers!
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Jan 20, 2012, 02:45 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,656 Posts
Well Pete, I must say that I am impressed with the packaging and condition in which mine arrived (4s 5000mah 55c) I've tested mine in your giant A-1 Sky Raider as I said I would in comparison to my 4s 4500mah turnigy Nanotech 45-90c Lipos I use for it.

The Genesis arrived well balanced and accepted a very nice balance charge from my charger. I ran it through 5 cycling periods of a 1c controlled discharge and 1c charge rate before use to properly condition the battery and guarantee the best performance and longevity. I am, based on the posted "C" rating, a little disappointed in the wire gage lead size and the deans connector supplied with the battery as it's electrically underrated for the batteries capability of out put. I feel the wire gage should have been 10G and definitely not a deans (deans are only rated to a max of 80A) and the battery will supply a higher constant than that....@ over 200A. So this is a big minus for these lipos. I did change the connector out to a more cabale and rated one (EC5), but the lipo's wire Gage is still too small ...however usable?

On full power discharge test in comparison to the Nano tech...I'm sorry to report that the Genesis does not hold it's voltage well and constant in comparison to the Nano-Tech, though on an average use it performed OK. It's ability to accept an even and proper balance charge to all cells evenly is very good.

It's a tad bit larger than an equivalent Nano-tech 45-90c 5000mah lipo in both dimensions, length, width and weight...but also must take into consideration that it is also 55c Advertised constant as apposed to a 45c constant nano-tech. the weight was not real concerning in my application to the A-1 Sky Raider ...as the plane really likes the extra nose weight any way and is actually bennificial...so that is a plus + to the Genesis lipo...at least for my use and application of it.

I must agree with John here and as quoted in his post I feel the same ....................

"one thing that was a little disappointing was the gage wire and connector used for these 55c 4000 packs which are capable of 220amps continuous. I would expect 8 or 10 gage wire not 12 gage and the non-deans deans connector rated for max 50amps aint gonna get it either but I use my choice of connector so not as big a deal as the 12gage wire. still very happy to try these out and give my honest opinion
thanks Pete

John "

I'm still continuing to use the lipo and she just may come to a better and more puchfull life with some time, more cyceling, and more break in....only more time and use will tell?

Over all I rate it as a good lipo and I like it.
I want to say Thank you Pete and Banana Hobbies for the opertunity to test them out for you and share my report.
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Jan 20, 2012 at 03:22 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 03:18 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,339 Posts
Does anybody know the lead wire gage of the 5s2200 55C?
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:59 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
ok guys I finally had a chance to fly my genesis power 10s 55c 4000mah pack, unfortunately my F18 Blue Angel had a an accident before I could fly her with these batteries so I put together a Tamjets F16 1/12 scale 90mm to fly while I make repairs the F18. so the F16 has a TJ90mm fan with a neu 1412-2y 1380kv motor and ice2 120amp esc on 10s I making 4.2kw peak power at 112amps. I was able to fly my normal packs which are turnigy 10s 40c 4000 and then right after fly the genisis pack and compare in flight and on the data log. what I found is that they are identical in performance, this does make me happy because I can use these packs and they were free, thank you Pete but from a technical point of view, being 55c they should have kicked the snot out of my turnigy's and they only matched them, the only difference I could find was after the flight and batteries removed the genisis packs were warmer and the 12awg wire was warm the turnigy's were less warm and the 8awg wire was ambient temp. the temp difference between the packs I would say is due to the slight increase in resistance of the 12awg wire on the genisis pack. it really is too small for anything over 100amps anyway the batterys performed pretty well and I will keep using them and report any further performance gains or losses
here is the F16 flying on Genisis Power!!!
F16 flight 1 (3 min 52 sec)
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Last edited by jcdfrd; Jan 31, 2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old Feb 08, 2012, 05:44 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
so am I still in the first40 responces???
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Feb 10, 2012, 04:59 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Nov 2010
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post
yeah...id have to disagree. i think the genesis are more consistant than the nano techs. ive seen soooo many nanos fail.
everyone @ our field is dumping nano-tech. too many failures and issues.
Wargassm is offline Find More Posts by Wargassm
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:16 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
well.. I had some 45c ones that I abused over and over and they puffed.. now I treat my 35-70c and Ive got over 150 flights so far with no issues..
I also tried their new 65-130c.. THOSE ARE GREAT PACKS... perform absolutely great.. more than 50 flights on those so far with the PS pulling just 90amps.
they come down cool and give me about 7 minutes flying time and time for a couple of go arounds in my flyfly MB339
I'm talking about the 4.400mah 4s 65-130c connected in parallel to do an 8s .

Now The genesis have a good pricetag also. and shipping out here is also good especially if getting more than 4
I'm currently building a 10s setup with a stumax sm89 fan and the 700-68-1200kv HET motor

it will pull aorund 100amps and I'm thinking about trying a set of those 55c genesis
going to get them as 4+4+2s because I got plenty of planes flying on 4 and 6s and it's more convinient.

but I'm gradually switching the deans to 4mm bullet plugs on my big planes the deans are good up to the 64and 70mm
when I tried to connect my 8s setup on my MB339 one day the spark melted the deans plug so I switched to those bullet and I have no probs since
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon