HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:36 AM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,182 Posts
My 6s 5000mh 55c battery arrived yesterday. Packaging was perfect. I like it already coming with a Deans style connector. I put a deans on most of my stuff so this is perfect. (EC5 on the rest) All cells were at 3.85v. Battery is lighter( about 20 g) than my Zippy 5000s, a bit longer (say 1/2 inch), but shorter(vs height, say 1/8 inch) and fatter( say 1/8 inch). In the end it will fit perfectly in my Habu 32. It also will fit in my MB-339, it fits in my Lander Mirage 2000 but will not balance (if the fan were in the stock position on the Fly Fly I think it would be perfect). It's too big for my Eurofighter. I too am starting to break it in with some 1C discharges.

ONLY real problem is the weather. While waiting on USPS, went from good flyable weather to snow yesterday(which melted) and LOTs of snow tomorrow. I don't know if I'll be able to make it out today, but should be able to bench test the battery at the least today.

Again, thank you Pete!

Aaron
swps is online now Find More Posts by swps
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:56 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post
just got my lipo today, 6s5000 55c pack. it is huge, about an inch and a half longer than my spyder lipos, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 75g heavier. cant wait to test it out in my 71 slick to directly compare it to my spyder packs!

Woo Hoo 71" Slick! Can't wait!
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:36 PM
Joined Aug 2009
165 Posts
I received my 3300 5 cell pack yesterday . was packed very well and all cells where 3.84 volts . will break in with 5 cycles and when the weather warms up, will try it out on my T-45 EDF and post a video . Thanks Bannana Hobby

Ed
cableguy351 is online now Find More Posts by cableguy351
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:57 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
Hey pete I just got a new red star version of the 51 slick to match my 71 slick . I had 3 of the red ones and about 1500 flights on my last one(my first two my brother crashed pretty quickly )
I am running a new motrolfly 3615 750KV with digital 5085 servos and a Ice 100 lite esc. Oh and a futaba 8fg radio in HS mode
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:19 AM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,122 Posts
Mine came today. 6s 5000ma 55c. Thank you so much. Everything else I had planned for Christmas seems to be falling apart so this couldn't have come at a better time. Work and weather are probably going to keep me grounded till next week, but now I have something to really look forward to again. Thanks again Pete, and a Very Merry Christmas to you, your family and everyone at BH.
V2rider is online now Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Dec 23, 2011, 01:37 PM
USA, TX, Van Alstyne
Joined Nov 2010
1,304 Posts
My 3s 850mah battery came in yesterday very well packed and the best part it already came with dean connector installed
put on the battery checker and all cells were balance
Due to an ear infection I am down for the week
Should have it charge and ready sometime next week and will let you know
Thanks Pete and Banana Hobbies
Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year
inspector5419 is offline Find More Posts by inspector5419
Old Dec 23, 2011, 04:48 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
Got 2 more flights on mine. Total of 8 flights on it so far.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 06:09 PM
Medicinal Foam User
150 mile house B.C. Canada
Joined Jan 2010
3,917 Posts
Was Surprised today to see a battery in the mail . My 3300 mah 3s battery came very well packaged . We'll see if i can get it checked out a little tomorrow , my boys Bday today
Wilfor is online now Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:48 PM
jean-claude Terrettaz
Carp, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2000
1,425 Posts
Mine came yesterday...perfect timing with my birthday!!
Thank you Banana Hobby...This was very nice of you . Both 5000 mah 4S pack came balance , I just storage them with my I Charger. Will let you know about performance in the Spring
Merci and Happy Holidays..
Jean-Claude
bidule is online now Find More Posts by bidule
Old Jan 02, 2012, 03:49 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,553 Posts
I got a flight in on my battery! It's a 55C 4500 mah 4S pack, in a 60" ExtremeFlight Extra 300EXP:

Testing new Genesis Power 55C batteries (5 min 34 sec)

The power is fantastic, even on the first cycle. I expect in a few flights it will get a little better as it is conditioned. I got 1380 watts, versus 1350 from my old favorite, the Sky LiPo 4400 mah 40C pack. Not a big jump, but still noticeable. I also noticed that in my hard full-throttle tumbles and flatspins that the power never sagged at all. It was smooth and consistent through the whole flight. The 8C charge rating is great as well!

The only thing that the Sky's have over the Genesis is the weight...the extra grams from the Genesis was noticeable, but the extra power made up for it. And still, it's much lighter for its capacity than anything from Turnigy or Rhino. It especially beats the pants off of the Nano-tech's!

Good job guys, you have a winner here. For super-high discharge packs, Genesis is the way to go!
cwojcik is online now Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Jan 02, 2012, 04:50 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
I liked mine enough to order 2 more
Old Jan 02, 2012, 05:10 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Aug 2004
9,094 Posts
got a flight on my 71 slick this past week with the gensis 6s5000 55c pack. pack had equal power to my spyder packs, but the weight was noticable in air. video coming
rcbirk21 is online now Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Jan 02, 2012, 05:23 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Aug 2004
9,094 Posts
heres the video. two things about it real quick. Forgive me a touch for some funky rudder corrections, found out my pull pull cable was loose after landing. Also, the guys i was flying with mentioned to me it looked like i was flying faster that flight (plane wasnt as floaty), so take that for what its worth. pack performed well, good power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=yWK_FzCjk0o
rcbirk21 is online now Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by rcbirk21; Jan 02, 2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2012, 06:45 PM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,182 Posts
I got a couple flights in with my 6s 5000mh 55c pack today on my Habu 32. It was just as expected, smooth power the whole flight, no noticeable drop off even 3 minutes in after full WOT and better performance than my Zippy's. I have to say I'm very impressed. I need to get me some 3s and 4s pack for 7s for it now.

Unfortunately, I brought the camera but I forgot to charge it so no video. Hopefully the weather will hold up and I can get some video of the Habu 32 on this battery.

I'm impressed!

-Aaron
swps is online now Find More Posts by swps
Old Jan 03, 2012, 12:39 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Amazing Flight!! You are super talented! Love those rollers! Glad to hear about the Genesis holding up to the power on demand! I just want to watch the video over and over again to hear and see the flight!

Happy New Year!

Regards,

Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
I got a flight in on my battery! It's a 55C 4500 mah 4S pack, in a 60" ExtremeFlight Extra 300EXP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxiIqRtc_00

The power is fantastic, even on the first cycle. I expect in a few flights it will get a little better as it is conditioned. I got 1380 watts, versus 1350 from my old favorite, the Sky LiPo 4400 mah 40C pack. Not a big jump, but still noticeable. I also noticed that in my hard full-throttle tumbles and flatspins that the power never sagged at all. It was smooth and consistent through the whole flight. The 8C charge rating is great as well!

The only thing that the Sky's have over the Genesis is the weight...the extra grams from the Genesis was noticeable, but the extra power made up for it. And still, it's much lighter for its capacity than anything from Turnigy or Rhino. It especially beats the pants off of the Nano-tech's!

Good job guys, you have a winner here. For super-high discharge packs, Genesis is the way to go!
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby