HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Boomer1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:55 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,534 Posts
Discussion
A few new boats for the Fleet and a few upgrades

Recently completed a Victor Footy kit - I wanted a boat to sail on those days when the wind just isn't strong enough for my larger boats. These little guys are really a lot of fun. They can be sailed in heavier winds but tend to take on water - I may make a few refinements to the hatch seal and the transom to seal up the opening for the rudder's pushrod to reduce the potential for water getting in the boat.

I just received my first Blackstar boat - Chris Lones new 36" beauty. I asked him to ship it without the electronics or deck hardware so I could add my own. The boat looks really good and should be very fast. I plan on completing this boat after we move to our new home in March.

I was very fortunate to have found a very pretty Yellow Nirvana for sale on the forum. I have always liked the Yellow version and wanted to get one to put a few of my own touches to it to see how it'd look. So far so good. Once it is completed it will be going to one of my buddies to get him started on RC sailing.

I completed my Blue Nirvana's upgrades by adding a new high torque sail servo. The servo has a Futaba spline, so the Nirvana servo arm had to be modified to fit. I will testing the new servo as soon as the weather improves a bit here.

Winter time is a great time for projects - but this year a good deal of this winter at my house, will be spent cleaning out my garage and getting rid of things I no longer need or use, and packing for the move. The great news is the new house is larger and I will have the 3rd garage for my hobby shop!

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year!

Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Last edited by Boomer1; Dec 19, 2011 at 04:58 PM.
to remove ads between posts