HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:53 AM
sbc
Singapore
Joined Jul 2005
62 Posts
Question
HTS Voice - problems

Just got my HTS voice today. I am facing some problems with it.

According to the instruction, the unit can be used without the sensor station, reading out only Rx voltage. But I can't get it to work WITHOUT the HTS SS.

Again according to the instruction, when it is first powered on, it will go into set up mode. Try as I might for a few hours, I can't get it into the set up mode.
It stays in the 10 sec mode.

Can anyone with some experience with it help me? Thanks!
sbc is offline Find More Posts by sbc
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:47 PM
sbc
Singapore
Joined Jul 2005
62 Posts
Ok please ignore the second question. I have just figured out where I have gone wrong. I have to ROTATE the switch to UP and not push it down.

I am still trying to get it to work without the HTS SS.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 03:05 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Hitec HTS-Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbc View Post
Just got my HTS voice today. I am facing some problems with it. According to the instruction, the unit can be used without the sensor station, reading out only Rx voltage. But I can't get it to work WITHOUT the HTS SS.Again according to the instruction, when it is first powered on, it will go into set up mode. Try as I might for a few hours, I can't get it into the set up mode.It stays in the 10 sec mode.
Can anyone with some experience with it help me? Thanks!
Quote:
Ok please ignore the second question. I have just figured out where I have gone wrong. I have to ROTATE the switch to UP and not push it down. I am still trying to get it to work without the HTS SS.
Hitec regret that there is an error in the instruction as HTS-Voice is currently unable to read out RX voltage as described.
A firmware upgrade, installed via HPP-22 and Telemetry Command Centre, for solving this problem will be available early Feb 2012.

As soon as upgarde is available, details will be added this thread and under "Telemetry" of Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers & Telemetry - FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Feb 02, 2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 01:07 PM
sbc
Singapore
Joined Jul 2005
62 Posts
Thanks. At least now I know I do not have a defective unit. BTW it works great with the HTS-SS blue.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 08:50 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
Hitec regret that there is an error in the instruction as HTS-Voice is currently unable to read out RX voltage as described.
A firmware upgrade, installed via HPP-22 and Telemetry Command Centre, for solving this problem will be available end of this month or early Jan 2012.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)
You have got to be kidding me.

Hitec ship out a voice unit that does not work in its most basic form, ie. rx or spc voltage.

I've wasted a whole morning here, switching things off and on and in different orders to try to get this thing working.

Lucky I found this thread because it was just going back in the box as faulty.

I wonder how many Hitec are going to get back as "faulty".

This is not good advertising, it's the last time I buy anything Hitec without hearing or seeing it working first I assure you.
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:48 PM
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined May 2007
1,259 Posts
You guys are very lucky to have it at all. I have mine on backorder for almost a year and still no sign of it
Highfly! is offline Find More Posts by Highfly!
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 30, 2011, 02:52 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
You have got to be kidding me.
Hitec ship out a voice unit that does not work in its most basic form, ie. rx or spc voltage.I've wasted a whole morning here, switching things off and on and in different orders to try to get this thing working.Lucky I found this thread because it was just going back in the box as faulty.I wonder how many Hitec are going to get back as "faulty".This is not good advertising, it's the last time I buy anything Hitec without hearing or seeing it working first I assure you.
Release has been by few distributors, others wait until after the new programming feature is updated on the HPP-22 Telemetry Control Center, refer post #3 above.

Alan T.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:58 PM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfly! View Post
You guys are very lucky to have it at all. I have mine on backorder for almost a year and still no sign of it
Have patience young skywalker, the force will be with you soon.

And A.T. are you really telling me the dealers are going to unbox their stock and reprogramme all these units before delivery to customers. I think not.
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Old Dec 30, 2011, 07:41 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
Have patience young skywalker, the force will be with you soon.
And A.T. are you really telling me the dealers are going to unbox their stock and reprogramme all these units before delivery to customers. I think not.
1. Some of the smaller distributors do update every unit to latest version before issue, or to a previous version to match buyers system as requested.
2. Others withhold items until all informatiom is available so user can upgrade themselves
- there are many distributors who handle matters as their local custom dictates.

Alan T.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 12:21 AM
sbc
Singapore
Joined Jul 2005
62 Posts
Actually I don't really mind, as I get to play with the new toys first. The local distributor here is really efficient. We can even get beta/pre-production sets. E.g. some of the guys here gets to play with the A9 one and a half years before it was officially launched. Of course it was beta software and all (meaning some stuff don't work; the manual was not even ready), but we love to be the first ones outside Korea to lay our hands on the A9.

As long as Hitec clarifies the state of the items, it is fine with me.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:11 AM
sbc
Singapore
Joined Jul 2005
62 Posts
HTS-Voice - updated

My LHS notified me to exchange my HTS-Voice for a new firmware model.

Happy to report that it is now fully operational - the unit will read out the SPC and Rx voltage even if there is no SS.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 08:48 AM
Joined Jun 2011
4 Posts
Quote:
My LHS notified me to exchange my HTS-Voice for a new firmware model.

Happy to report that it is now fully operational - the unit will read out the SPC and Rx voltage even if there is no SS.
Is there a firmware updated version?
Your unit has been replaced with a new one?
klisura is offline Find More Posts by klisura
Old Feb 23, 2012, 02:15 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klisura View Post
Is there a firmware updated version?
Your unit has been replaced with a new one?
Update
"Note that Hitec USA has not released the Voice system to the market
but plan to start shipping them shortly as the new V1.12 software is now complete.
. finally! Here's a couple screen shots: - Mike".

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old Feb 24, 2012, 03:42 PM
Joined Jun 2011
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
Update
"Note that Hitec USA has not released the Voice system to the market
but plan to start shipping them shortly as the new V1.12 software is now complete.
. finally! Here's a couple screen shots: - Mike".

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Great!
When the new firmware will be available for download?
I bought the hts-voice here in Italy in January.
klisura is offline Find More Posts by klisura
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:28 PM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
683 Posts
I have the same problem, bought the HTS-Voice in November from Fast Lad in UK.

But now I doubt that the HTS- Voice firmware can be updated !

I guess even the new HPP-22 software (ver 1.12, when will this software be released ???? January 2013???) will not allow a firmware update of the HTS-Voice which would mean that all "old" HTS-Voice units would have to be send back to Hitec for a firmware update.

Can anybody confirm, if this is true or not??

Anyhow it is clear that the actual HTS-Voice being on the market doesn't work competely as specified in the manual. This is a serious deficiency which Hictec has to resolve at no cost for their customers.

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Last edited by skyrock; Feb 27, 2012 at 10:37 PM.