HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2011, 07:59 AM
Joe_Crash
United States, MD, Gaithersburg
Joined Oct 2010
441 Posts
Discussion
Hitec Minima 6 not binding w/ Optic 6

I got in touch with Hitec support, and they said that my Tx doesn't have the correct firmware, and that I'd have to buy some type of programming unit to reflash the firmware?
Does everyone who has this radio had this problem? And "Boo" to Hitec for not even mentioning that in any of the documentation for the Optic tx or the Minima Rx.
joe_crash is offline Find More Posts by joe_crash
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:58 AM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,087 Posts
It's the module on the back of the radio that needs updated firmware via the HP-22 device,obviously your radio was bought a while back and needs to be updated in order to be compatible with the new Minima Rx's.See if somewone in your club has one or there's a special on with the purchase you made,$10
The Tug is offline Find More Posts by The Tug
Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:43 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_crash View Post
I got in touch with Hitec support, and they said that my Tx doesn't have the correct firmware, and that I'd have to buy some type of programming unit to reflash the firmware?
Does everyone who has this radio had this problem? And "Boo" to Hitec for not even mentioning that in any of the documentation for the Optic tx or the Minima Rx.

""Boo" to Hitec for not even mentioning that in any of the documentation for the Optic tx or the Minima Rx"

The documentation for the Optic 6 was printed long long before the Minima was ever introduced.
A firmware update is required for all modules manufactured before 18 April 2011 as the Minima
is not a transceiver and so the early modules can not link to it as they look for a return signal.
Spectra module (removeable or fixed) does require the use of an HPP-22 interface
when amending firmware to Version 3.01 or later, .
Our LHS provides a free update service for any items purchased there.
Owning your own HPP-22 provides many advantages, amongst which are:
. Set Low Battery Warning levels.
. Set failsafe
. Update/amend firmware in Spectra modules and Optima transceivers
. Update/amend firmware in recent Hitec Transmitters as well as transfer data to/from PC/Laptop

The Hitec homepage clearly states that the Spectra modules must have V3.01 or later to be compatible.
Minima 6E (& 6T), 2.4GHz AFHSS Micro Receiver
"Notice: Minima 6 receivers require that the module or transmitter have firmware version 3.01 installed to operate.
For more information on firmware version click HERE.
LIMITED TIME OFFER!!!
Get the MAX when you buy a Minima 6E or 6T. Purchase a Minima 6E or 6T receiver between now and 12/31/2011,
and get a HPP-22 interface for just $9.99. It's as easy as clicking HERE to download the offer form. Restrictions apply."

All known adverts e.g.
Tower include
"REQUIRES: Hitec transmitter with firmware version 3.01"

The subject of several threads on manufacturer's and other forums e.g.
. Hitec Optic 6 & Optic Sport - Manuals, Tutorial, FAQ & Comparison Charts
. Upgrade Optic 6 Sport and Optic 6 Sport 2.4GHz - How To DIY Via HPP-22
. Hitec Minima - How to Set Up ID (Bind) - Video.
and
. Optima Receivers - Light Weight. Optima_6 LITE Transceiver, Minima 6E & 6T Micro Receivers...
.. Minima are compatible only with Spectra Module V3.01 or higher. Caseless Weights for 6 & 7ch Optima Transceivers.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers & Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.