HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:46 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
While we're at it, I'd love to see more electric 3D planes - of the 48" to 60" variety that's most commonly flown. The monstrously large 3D gassers are great to have (in the sim), but they're not exactly as nimble or jittery as real 3D balsa at the smaller end of the scale.
Here you go and they fly just like balsa you will love them

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=45973
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2012, 04:53 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2006
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
I am disappointed with the rate at which Phoenix is releasing planes, too. If they were smart, they would offer a downloadable program so that vendors and users could create their own planes, and a community to share them. That way, they get to benefit from others' free labor.

I'm not sure what they're thinking, but talk about a win/win.

As for the MCPx, I have it, and in order to get the sim to fly more like the real thing, you have to set the flybarless to passive in Phoenix.
I like Phoenix the best. Have not seen RF6 yet but, here are some improvements I would like to see or figure out how to do myself.

I have several blade variant helicopters msr, mcpx v2 and a blade 450. With that said I would like to see about adjusting the physics in the sim for when you turn. In the sim you can hover and do 360's in that position all day long. In the real world, if you turn the heli drops a little and does other things that make doing a 360 turn in a hover impossible to do. I would like to know if there are more refined physics schemes for helicopters. I am not exactly a newbie on helis but not intermediate either and I would like to practice this in the sim instead of crashing thre real deal alot.

As for planes, the taking off piece needs some work. Most real planes turn left and you need to have full elevator to keep the tail when on the ground so you can steer. A little right aileron is necessary as well. The landing part with getting the tail down, for tail draggers, needs to be accounted for as well. I am pretty seasoned on fixed wing and would like to adjust this better in the sim so my kinds can practice these things.

Thanks

Terry
tksamac is offline Find More Posts by tksamac
Last edited by tksamac; Jan 03, 2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: mispelled word
Old Jan 04, 2012, 02:39 AM
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2011
393 Posts
I don't have much time on the sim, but the few micro helis and aircraft I have flown irl that it does have behave very close to real life... unlike Clearview (without major tweaking).

While I haven't had it long enough to have the same complaints as a lot of you, my biggest issue is that if places like HorizonHobby are heavily promoting the product, then you would think a lot more "novice" aircraft would be available... (unless I'm missing something) I'm thinking the more popular UM planes along with some of the parkflyers. Of the most populated aircraft topics on this board I only found a few in the sim, that's a big target market IMO.

Since I know that my aircraft that are in the sim behave pretty close to real life, I'd be more likely to purchase an aircraft hyped on these boards if it was available in a reliable sim. If I were a vendor I'd be throwing dollars at these sim companies to create my aircraft. Maybe even start a DLC program where the vendor requests a model, Phoenix makes it, vendor sells it for a dollar or two and splits profit with phoenix. After a year or so, certain dlc planes get added in a future update of the software and the cycle repeats.
MyPonyRocks is offline Find More Posts by MyPonyRocks
Old Jan 14, 2012, 04:32 PM
The woods
Joined Feb 2011
104 Posts
very good ideas. I am really hoping they let you add your own models like RF does. I have RF at work and it is nice and all but I like the physics better on the Pheonix.
scribble79 is offline Find More Posts by scribble79
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:35 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
I agree the Physics for fixed wing especially on the rudder is just nuts apparently this has been addressed with the new RF6.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:53 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,445 Posts
I have Phoenix and although it looks and works great , it repeatedly stops recognizing my futaba 7tcap , I end up having to wiggle the cable or it cuts out .I already had phoenix send out a replacement dongle but no improvement .This is most likely to happen whenever I show the sim to a friend . I got really tired of this and just picked up the new Realflight 6 .Really happy with that .Great new graphics and flight physics .Phoenix is now a dust collector .
pencon is offline Find More Posts by pencon
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Jul 2011
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pencon View Post
I have Phoenix and although it looks and works great , it repeatedly stops recognizing my futaba 7tcap , I end up having to wiggle the cable or it cuts out .I already had phoenix send out a replacement dongle but no improvement .This is most likely to happen whenever I show the sim to a friend . I got really tired of this and just picked up the new Realflight 6 .Really happy with that .Great new graphics and flight physics .Phoenix is now a dust collector .
While I would normally suspect the cable first, just as you did, it is possible for the connector on your transmitter to be bad. I suspect that is the case here.

At any rate, RF6 does solve that problem with you since it comes with the controller. Try hooking your transmitter up to RF6 and see if you still have the problem.
Madratter is offline Find More Posts by Madratter
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:05 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,445 Posts
"Try hooking your transmitter up to RF6 and see if you still have the problem." Is that why theres an extra cable in the box?In case you want to use your old transmitter? I wonder if the real flight dongle would work with the phoenix program?
pencon is offline Find More Posts by pencon
Old Jan 16, 2012, 05:16 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pencon View Post
I wonder if the real flight dongle would work with the phoenix program?
That's funny!! I'm sure the 2 competing sim companies get together to make sure their parts are interchangeable.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Jan 16, 2012, 05:23 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn View Post
That's funny!! I'm sure the 2 competing sim companies get together to make sure their parts are interchangeable.
It can be done jeffpn if you have the right dongle i have one but its slightly illegal so wont post link
Old Jan 16, 2012, 07:40 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
I buy my flight sims. (That is, if the developer hasn't given them to me.) I'd keep your illegit software to yourself. I know, I know, you did buy the software, so you have the right to use the virus laden pirated software.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:46 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
You misunderstood me jeff i paid for all my software and that is the gods honest truth dude.The dongle just helps me switch between sims without having to use all the different dongles that were supplied with my sims... no pirated software needed.

Regards.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:54 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
No. I did not misunderstand you. What you explained is exactly the kind of rationale I knew you would give. You know it's wrong. You said so yourself.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:48 AM
Joined Jan 2005
551 Posts
next version of Phoenix

posted on RunRyder recently by alexf1852...

Quote:
There will be an announcement regarding the next version of Phoenix at the Nuremburg Toy Fair at the beginning of February this year.

Best Regards

Phoenix Support
the toy fair runs from 01 06 February 2012.

My bet is the next version will be a paid upgrade.
nemo_uk is offline Find More Posts by nemo_uk
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:55 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn View Post
No. I did not misunderstand you. What you explained is exactly the kind of rationale I knew you would give. You know it's wrong. You said so yourself.
Fair enough still paid for the sims in the first place though so i can do as i like regarding using a single dongle for all but... you already knew that and typed it in your first response hehe you know me to well jeff