HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2011, 03:05 PM
Joined Jun 2011
54 Posts
Discussion
Texas Armor Association tank battles – January 15th, 2012

Texas Armor Association tank battles – January 15th, 2012

Directions to Bomber Field can be found here: http://www.bomberfieldusa.com/dir.htm

Texas Armor Association Website: http://www.texasarmor.com/

For all acting club members, there will be a very important club meeting you don’t want to miss!

Don’t forget everyone, if you’re new to 1/16 scale IR tank battling, this is a great opportunity to learn more about this great hobby and have some fun. We utilize the Tamiya Battle System; any System that is Tamiya Compatible is welcomed. Even if you don’t have a tank, please come join us anyway. Someone always has an extra tank available that you can use and try out.

We hope to see you all there!

Happy Holidays Everyone,
Gene
ArtisticHobbies.com
A proud member of the Texas Armor Association!
M1A2 Commander is offline Find More Posts by M1A2 Commander
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:38 AM
Joined Jun 2011
54 Posts
Just a reminder everyone that this Sunday will be our first battle day of the year. Since this will be our first battle day for 2012, we will be having a very important club meeting to discuss up and coming events at other locations and other matters. Club members don’t want to miss this important meeting and to voice your opinions.

Also just wanted to thank everyone that helped clean up our battlefield this past weekend.

Saturday's Crew: Ted and his brother-in-law Rob, Sam and his friend Nicolac.
Sunday's Crew: Hans and his son William, Allan and myself.

Both days were very pleasant, which made weed pulling and clean-up much easier for everyone. Hans also sprayed the entire battlefield with Round-Up and I will do the same after our tank battles on Sunday. Hopefully this will take care of our weed problems for a while.

Without dedicated club members our battlefield wouldn't be possible. Thanks again to all that helped.

Gene
ArtisticHobbies.com
A proud member of the Texas Armor Association!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Jun 2011
54 Posts
Just wanted to share with you guys some pictures from this event.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 01:20 PM
Semper Fi
Northern Triaid North Carolina
Joined Jun 2008
1,014 Posts
Great pictures! Someday I will be able to get down to one of your events, hopefully.
GreenAmphibian is offline Find More Posts by GreenAmphibian
Old Jan 24, 2012, 02:33 PM
United States
Joined Oct 2008
587 Posts
Looks like it was nice weather according to those great pictures.

It would be a special treat to be able to attend one of your dates there soon. I'll try to one day even if I have to drive all the way myself!

~ Jeff
Panther F is offline Find More Posts by Panther F
Old Jan 24, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined Apr 2011
79 Posts
those pics look awesome
hailo01 is offline Find More Posts by hailo01
Old Jan 24, 2012, 03:24 PM
Joined Jun 2011
54 Posts
Thanks fellow tankers for your comments. Yes, the weather was great that day, about 66 degrees. So it made for good battling weather.

If there were any one time you should come to Texas for one of our club events, it would be in September for our Annual Epic Battle Weekend. This year it will be 14-16th of September and Saturday night we will have night battles, which is a blast. What’s great about this event is that at the same time as us tankers battle, there will be an RC plane show going on, flying at Bomber Fields great RC plane airport. So your getting a double packed full weekend.

So mark your calendars fellow tankers.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 05:16 PM
Semper Fi
Joined Jun 2008
1,014 Posts
I did notice that you had a dry stream bed in the battlefield, is there any water around for my LVT's to play in?

BTW I have a sister south of Houston I need to visit...sometime.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 06:16 PM
Joined Jun 2011
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAmphibian View Post
I did notice that you had a dry stream bed in the battlefield, is there any water around for my LVT's to play in?
Yes, our streambed is usually filled up but with our drought, we haven’t been filling it up. MUST SAVE WATER! Actual there is a large lake right next to our battlefield, but last week when I was at the battlefield. The lake was looking a little sad from the lack of water. But when it’s filled up, we take advantage of it with this big boat. Fits about 3 to 4 Sherman’s inside.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 05:36 AM
United States
Joined Oct 2008
587 Posts
Oh, that's beautiful scenery there. Very realsitic!

I'm not up on my naval vehicles ... what is the one in the first pic called? Is it operational? Certainly it's too big for that lake bed?

~ Jeff
Panther F is offline Find More Posts by Panther F
Old Jan 25, 2012, 08:24 AM
Semper Fi
Joined Jun 2008
1,014 Posts
Jeff,

I believe that is called an LCM. There were a couple of different models of them made and used during WW II.

Herman
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:42 AM
Joined Jun 2011
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther F View Post
I'm not up on my naval vehicles ... what is the one in the first pic called? Is it operational? Certainly it's too big for that lake bed? ~ Jeff
Hi Jeff, Herman is correct is saying it's a (LCM) Mechanized Landing Craft. Just dont know what type it is. Yes, the LCM is operational and needs a large lake to operate in. It's a good 5 feet long!

Gene