HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2011, 02:39 PM
Joined Sep 2011
61 Posts
Discussion
Just so I don't blow anything up....

I have read the forums and just want to make sure that I'm not going to mess my esc or battery up. I own the p51-d by parkzone (specs can be found here). It came standard with a 3s 1300 mah battery. I bought an adapter that will allow me to plug in a deans connector and would like to try it out. I own This battery and want to know if it will damage my plane in any way.

Also... The plane came with a car charger that goes into the cigarette lighter. Can I use a wall adapter that has an inlet for the cigarette lighter to go in one side and then plug directly into the wall.

Thanks!!!!
kickythekick is offline Find More Posts by kickythekick
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2011, 02:53 PM
RC Helicopter Pilot
United States, CA, Westminster
Joined Mar 2010
1,696 Posts
You can use that battery.
It is the same voltage just more mAh.
You should get longer flight time.
Just re-balance the plane and you should be good to go.

As for a charger, does the one you have balance charge?
That battery is should be balance charged.

If you have a wall adapter that outputs 12V DC at high enough current it will work.
Your charger should have an input current printed somewhere. That should be less than the wall adapter output.
TheWoodCrafter is offline Find More Posts by TheWoodCrafter
Old Dec 13, 2011, 03:02 PM
Joined Sep 2011
61 Posts
Thanks!
It does balance. I will have to buy the 12v adapter but it will save me some money on an actual charger.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 03:09 PM
RC Helicopter Pilot
United States, CA, Westminster
Joined Mar 2010
1,696 Posts
I think what you need is a 12V power supply.

An old lap top PS will sometime work.
You may have a little trouble finding adapters if you don't make some yourself.
TheWoodCrafter is offline Find More Posts by TheWoodCrafter
Old Dec 13, 2011, 03:14 PM
Joined May 2007
27 Posts
One fly in the ointment, you stated that you purchased and adapter for a Deans connector, however the battery you linked to does not have a Deans connector.
frovello is offline Find More Posts by frovello
Old Dec 13, 2011, 08:38 PM
Joined Sep 2011
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frovello View Post
One fly in the ointment, you stated that you purchased and adapter for a Deans connector, however the battery you linked to does not have a Deans connector.
Sorry if I wasn't clear.... I bought an adapter with the park zone connector on one end and the deans on the other.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:39 PM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,125 Posts
The HK battery has the XT60 connector on it. It's totally different from the Park Zone's EC3's and Deans.

Unless you changed out the XT60 to Deans on the lipo, what you need is the EC3 to XT60 adapter cable.
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Dec 14, 2011, 06:01 PM
Joined Sep 2011
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
The HK battery has the XT60 connector on it. It's totally different from the Park Zone's EC3's and Deans.

Unless you changed out the XT60 to Deans on the lipo, what you need is the EC3 to XT60 adapter cable.
Haha, Im sorry to confuse things, I DID change it to deans. Flew today and it went great! It feels faster although it drops a lot faster when it's unpowered.