HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2011, 04:00 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Polac View Post
I dont think the 125 is a walkera copy. Its kind of like people saying the Solo pro is a copy of the msr. Yeah some things are similar but a lot is completely different. Same case here...

Plus you said yourself you didnt think it was a copy?
Yes I would agree just like the Solo pro did copy many elements from the Msr they also avoided some of the pitfalls as well such as the leaning main shaft, now this is copying many of the elements of the Genius, but is avoiding the main problem the one piece frame and landing gear.

Time will tell how good this model is and as previously stated I am not knocking Nine Eagles by bringing out budget priced models they do the hobbyist a great service - hopefully they will bring out a good computerized Tx in the near future so they can compete with E-Flight and Walkera on a better level.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:16 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
So Rick at club heli is in the business of developing Walkera's copies, now?

Chris
It is natural that a manufacturer would send out alpha or beta models to their major vendors for feed back as is the case with your friend Mr. LIn. It is likely that many would give the same sort of feedback. As the Genius has been around for some time, everyone knows what the weaknesses are. As is the case with the MCPx when Walkera had a chance to analyze it thoroughly for a few months.

Still, it is strange how NE decided to switch from the 100D (MCPx approach) to the 125A (Genius approach). The 100D was on the verge of getting good reviews. One professional flier in Hong Kong thought it outperformed the Genius. But in theory at least, closed rotary servos will outperform open linear servos. But still, the 125A looks much more like the Genius than the 100D the MCPx.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Dec 17, 2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:24 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
So Rick at club heli is in the business of developing Walkera's copies, now?

Chris
No Rick will test the model on its merits and if he likes it he will then stock it - he did not reject stocking the early version of the 180D because it was a walkera copy he rejected it because the tail would not hold and broke within the first test flight

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Dec 18, 2011, 12:08 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,133 Posts
Quote:
He guys Rick at ClubHeli just sent me a message about the 125.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubHeli-Rick
We are well aware of the SP125 We've had a big part in it's developement. We will definitely be carrying the heli along with all it's spares. Final production samples have been shipped so we'll see soon it's potential!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Polac
I cant wait, one of my favorite places to buy from will have it very soon hopefully!
Wonder if Rick had other pre-production samples shipped to him before or if he's waiting to test this yet... Maybe Rick will chime in and tell us what he knows... Sounds to me like he decided to stock the heli before the samples were shipped and tested, so he must have had a bit more involvement in this than simply deciding to stock it or not after testing samples... Just saying because according to his email he has not received the samples yet.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 18, 2011, 09:11 AM
El Dorado de Helicópteros
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Wonder if Rick had other pre-production samples shipped to him before or if he's waiting to test this yet... Maybe Rick will chime in and tell us what he knows... Sounds to me like he decided to stock the heli before the samples were shipped and tested, so he must have had a bit more involvement in this than simply deciding to stock it or not after testing samples... Just saying because according to his email he has not received the samples yet.

Best,
Chris
Im not sure about what he does but here's my guess. He usually get a small amount of them and tests a few, if he doesn't like the product he wont stock it(kinda like the Sp180 and he didn't stock those b/c of the tail gear problem).

We'll See
Regards,
Jacob
Proud Polac is offline Find More Posts by Proud Polac
Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:38 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,133 Posts
Quote:
Im not sure about what he does but here's my guess. He usually get a small amount of them and tests a few, if he doesn't like the product he wont stock it(kinda like the Sp180 and he didn't stock those b/c of the tail gear problem).

We'll See
Regards,
Jacob
Well that sure doesn't sound like having a big part in the development of this heli. In fact, that's no part in the development, whatsoever.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:45 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,319 Posts
Quote:
Well that sure doesn't sound like having a big part in the development of this heli. In fact, that's no part in the development, whatsoever.

Best,
Chris
There are lots of people in the modelling trade in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and China as well as extreme 3D fliers who test products all the time. Even Curtiss Youngblood comes to Hong Kong all the time to ask for input on his products. If Walkera and Nine Eagles really took overseas input that seriously, they would have come out with better manuals and transmitters with more intuitive programming features.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 11:04 AM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:

Best,
Chris
I'm not saying that's what he did but that's what usually happens. He could of helped with designing the heli from the ground up. You never know until they tell you... looks like we'll just have to wait and see
Old Dec 18, 2011, 11:14 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,133 Posts
Quote:
If Walkera and Nine Eagles really took overseas input that seriously, they would have come out with better manuals and transmitters with more intuitive programming features.
I don't have enough experience programming transmitters to form an opinion. What I do know is that there are many complaints about the NE j6 and the Devo 7. I bought the Devo 7 before the manual was even released... sigh... Looks like it's finally out now, though. I'm downloading it from Walkera as I type this.

Quote:
looks like we'll just have to wait and see
Agreed.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 19, 2011, 02:44 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,803 Posts
Quote:
He guys Rick at ClubHeli just sent me a message about the 125
Quote:
We are well aware of the SP125 We've had a big part in it's developement. We will definitely be carrying the heli along with all it's spares. Final production samples have been shipped so we'll see soon it's potential!
I cant wait, one of my favorite places to buy from will have it very soon hopefully!
Besides testing the 180D and not liking it, I remember Rick and his associates testing the 100D.
My memory is that he liked the 100D. I wonder whatever happened with that?
May be suggestions on the 100D got incorporated into this new SP125?
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Dec 19, 2011, 03:16 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
Besides testing the 180D and not liking it, I remember Rick and his associates testing the 100D.
My memory is that he liked the 100D. I wonder whatever happened with that?
May be suggestions on the 100D got incorporated into this new SP125?
There seems to be at least 4 versions of the Solo Pro 100D going around. Some with a metal shaft, others with a CF main shaft. Sometimes the main shaft is fixed to the main gear by a screw, otherwise it is a pushed on main gear. There is also a version with tail struts. On the whole, the user feed backs have not been that great. Some traders reported that it was very twitchy, although one professional modeler I know thought it outperformed the Genius. So basically things have been very inconsistent with this heli and NE hasn't decided on a final version yet. The chances are that NE will gradually drop it in favor of the 125A.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 05:59 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,783 Posts
Hi,
has anyone bought the Solo Pro 125 as yet?

If so, who stocks them?
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Dec 29, 2011, 05:47 PM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
I don't this its out yet. We'll have to wait and see, someone is bound to stock it eventually.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 03:01 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,783 Posts
I spoke to nine eagles and they say it is out - just release (tx j6 pro, pro a and pro b - so u can store upto 9 helis), infact some of the hobby stores here in South Africa have ordered them already, shipments will be here before chinese sping featival..but of course at double the price u can get them in in china
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Dec 31, 2011, 06:20 PM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Nine eagles just put the specs for the 125 on their website.

http://www.nineeagle.com/products_de...7b8e6dbc5.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Eagles
Triaxial no aileron control system, full-automatic in flight attitude correcting
Sounds like 6 axis? Hopefully improved over Walkeras...