HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2011, 03:43 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Is this heli is better than the genius CP? which one is worth buying?
How do they compare in terms of weight?

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Last edited by starscream4002; Dec 16, 2011 at 07:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:25 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
According to the official nine eagles vid on this page, the 125 has 2 sorta different schemes
http://www.nineeagle.com/video_detai...b6e4520e8.html

SS
Old Dec 16, 2011, 05:48 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream4002 View Post

SS
So far we know this is a copy of the genius CP but only time will tell if its better - ie better materials, electronics or construction - the one thing that stands out at present is the radio which is very poor compared to walkera's latest offerings.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:29 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,315 Posts
Quote:

SS
It is possible that the 125A may fly better but Walkera has just released a brushless upgrade that should outperform it. In fact, new brushless Genius may well be about to be released.

Also, you need to think about as well are your future needs. Is this likely to be your only heli or are you likely to get bigger ones. The transmitter that comes with the 125A offers one model memory only. Moreover, NE does not have a complete line of larger helis like Walkera does. Walkera has a really great 120 sized V120D02S as well as much larger helis. Moreover, its receivers can be used on helis and planes of other brands.

I hope you have some experience with 4 to 6 channel helis. Because neither the MCPx, Genius CP, or NE 125A are suitable as a first ever heli.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:29 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,115 Posts
Quote:

SS
So far, only one person is hell bent on saying that this heli is a copy of the Genius CP. So take that with a grain of salt. That's because he's stalking me, quoting me in every thread I post in and saying the opposite of what I say consistently to try to rile me up.

We don't know the price yet so it's hard to answer your question, and there is a strong possibility that this heli will eventually be released with a X6 transmitter. As I mentioned in earlier posts, the Nine Eagles offers an array of advantages over the Genius CP, but it's too early to say if it will really live up to its promise. I think it will have to be reviewed by end users before we can make a call about it, but having flown it, I think that when it comes out I will buy one.

Nine Eagles helis have provided me with a fun, reliable and affordable progression into this hobby and I have a very strong feeling that this heli could become the CP version of its beloved small brother, the 4 channels Solo Pro.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 17, 2011, 09:25 AM
El Dorado de Helicópteros
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
He guys Rick at ClubHeli just sent me a message about the 125

Quote:
We are well aware of the SP125 We've had a big part in it's developement. We will definitely be carrying the heli along with all it's spares. Final production samples have been shipped so we'll see soon it's potential!
I cant wait, one of my favorite places to buy from will have it very soon hopefully!
Proud Polac is offline Find More Posts by Proud Polac
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:06 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,115 Posts
So Rick at club heli is in the business of developing Walkera's copies, now?

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:13 AM
El Dorado de Helicópteros
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
So Rick at club heli is in the business of developing Walkera's copies, now?

Chris
I dont think the 125 is a walkera copy. Its kind of like people saying the Solo pro is a copy of the msr. Yeah some things are similar but a lot is completely different. Same case here...

Plus you said yourself you didnt think it was a copy?
Proud Polac is offline Find More Posts by Proud Polac
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:24 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Polac View Post
I dont think the 125 is a walkera copy. Its kind of like people saying the Solo pro is a copy of the msr. Yeah some things are similar but a lot is completely different. Same case here...

Plus you said yourself you didnt think it was a copy?
I agree with you. I was being sarcastic because someone else uses the second person plural to say that "we know" it's a copy. Truth is, he should speak for himself since he don't know squat and we think different. That would be second person singular, not plural... Sorry... Just getting very tired of being stalked and followed around the boards. Not you, PP.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:22 AM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
Quote:
I agree with you. I was being sarcastic because someone else uses the second person plural to say that "we know" it's a copy. Truth is, he should speak for himself since he don't know squat and we think different. That would be second person singular, not plural... Sorry... Just getting very tired of being stalked and followed around the boards. Not you, PP.

Best,
Chris
It's just fanboyism at its best.

We all know that every helicopter is a copy of the Skylark EH-1.
GetterDragun is offline Find More Posts by GetterDragun
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:40 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,301 Posts
whom is stalking you Frenchy?

Quote:

Best,
Chris
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:10 PM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Is the 125A bigger or the genius? How much is the weight of the 125 with and without batt?

SS
Old Dec 17, 2011, 01:09 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
whom is stalking you Frenchy?
Oh don't worry about it. Probably just my imagination...

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 17, 2011, 01:15 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetterDragun View Post
It's just fanboyism at its best.

We all know that every helicopter is a copy of the Skylark EH-1.
I just looked it up on YouTube... I actially watched a cool video of this guy who totally got into it.... Had it tethered to his Cadillac. That thing must have been so hard to fly.... I was just trying to imagine the look on that guy's face if you walked up to him, put micro on the roof of his Caddy and took off doing mad 3D moves... How things have changed...

1st Production Electric RC Helicopter. The Skylark EH-1 (9 min 56 sec)

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 17, 2011, 03:19 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,717 Posts
Quote:
I just looked it up on YouTube... I actially watched a cool video of this guy who totally got into it...
Thanks so much for that video, that was awesome. Wonder if the kit is still available somehow? It's very scale-looking. With modern equipment, I bet it would fly well.

Back to the 125... I remember reading somewhere that NE had cancelled the X6 transmitter. Was the release simply pushed back? Because if they could come up with a proper transmitter that had multi-model memory, I would buy the 125 just to get it. I have four NE transmitters, and that's three too many!

(Also, any word on a possible brushless upgrade?)
V-Man is offline Find More Posts by V-Man