Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:09 AM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I think the chances are that this is a joint development of some sort with Walkera and Nine Eagles. Now looking back, even the V120D02S and Solo Pro 180D are closely related. The hardware of FBL systems is quite simple, but the programming is not. It will quite incredible for Nine Eagles to come up with a workable version of both the 3 axis and 6 axis gyro within a few months. This sort of collaboration is very common among Chinese companies, especially in the electronics industry Quite often, you can have different manufacturers making essentially the same product.
I would doubt it - looking back at Nine Eagles history - the Mcx was the first heli they did a clone of E-flight was upset and tried suing them on the only aspect they could touch the stroke servo's.

Then the Solo pro although they based much of the design on the mSR they did use their own head design and got upset that walkera used a similar design but there were plenty of previous records of similar design being used so they did not really have a case.

As you say the 180D is very much a copy of the walkera design with very few alterations but what can walkera do the fact is unless you come up with something completely original that is patentable then anybody can clone it.

Just the same with the genius - no two ways about it walkera have taken many ideas from E-Flight on light construction and nine eagles have copied what walkera have done - but that has been going on for years - Align have been frustrated by clone's that are virtual copies to the point that parts are interchangeable and not been able to do a thing about it for many years now.

I am not knocking nine eagles in many ways they have done the sub-micro section of the market good keeping prices lower by offering a cheaper option

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:49 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The heli looks incredibly stable in your video. I wonder if you could have felt whether it was in 3 axis or 6 axis mode?
Oh yes... Without a doubt. I flew 6 axis for about 2 months and have been flying 3 axis for about 3 weeks now. No doubt in my mind this was run by a 3 axis gyro.

Besides, you'd have to be in 3 axis on the GCP as well to try to have a stable hover like this. The 6 axis on the GCP is not a clean hover at all compared to 3 axis. So yes, I can assure you with 100% certainty that the SP125 was in 3 axis mode when I tried it. And I can also confirm that it did hover more stable than the GCP with no yaw issues whatsoever. No trims needed right out of the box. And that's with settings that are too aggressive for me. I was barely grazing the sticks. It pretty much hovered on its own, almost.

Geez... I sound like I'm trying to sell these helis, don't I? But no... Honestly, I'm very impressed with the solo pro 125. It's leaving a very solid impression on me... The transmitter, though... Now that's a different story... I don't like the J6 transmitter.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:32 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Looks like a nice little heli...but i already have 4 micro cp's

All I care about are those skids!
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:24 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
What if you break all four in one flying session? Always good to have a spare.

And micros are easy to hide, if need be... (I don't have that problem yet. As long as all my models fit in the spare room/workshop, I can have as many as I want. )
V-Man is offline Find More Posts by V-Man
Old Dec 14, 2011, 04:09 PM
El Dorado de Helicópteros
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
This looks promising, might have to hold off on getting a GCP. After all NE got me into helis with the pro.
Proud Polac is offline Find More Posts by Proud Polac
Old Dec 14, 2011, 05:36 PM
El Dorado de Helicópteros
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Chris do you think you can get some close up pics of the 125 without the canopy on?

Thanks,
Jacob
Proud Polac is offline Find More Posts by Proud Polac
Old Dec 14, 2011, 09:44 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Polac View Post
Chris do you think you can get some close up pics of the 125 without the canopy on?

Thanks,
Jacob
I can. But I might not have time to go back to Mr.Lin's warehouse until next week. I will take more pictures when I do go and I will post them here.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:02 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
I would doubt it - looking back at Nine Eagles history - the Mcx was the first heli they did a clone of E-flight was upset and tried suing them on the only aspect they could touch the stroke servo's.

Then the Solo pro although they based much of the design on the mSR they did use their own head design and got upset that walkera used a similar design but there were plenty of previous records of similar design being used so they did not really have a case.

As you say the 180D is very much a copy of the walkera design with very few alterations but what can walkera do the fact is unless you come up with something completely original that is patentable then anybody can clone it.

Just the same with the genius - no two ways about it walkera have taken many ideas from E-Flight on light construction and nine eagles have copied what walkera have done - but that has been going on for years - Align have been frustrated by clone's that are virtual copies to the point that parts are interchangeable and not been able to do a thing about it for many years now.

I am not knocking nine eagles in many ways they have done the sub-micro section of the market good keeping prices lower by offering a cheaper option

Regards David
As long as the 125a does not have a 6 axis gyro, I would agree with your view. I just can't see how the 6 axis gyro can be emulated in such a short period of time without whole scale piracy. Although the 180D is based on the V120D02, the head design is different. Instead of a swash locker, it has guides for the link rods to keep the swashplate in place. This is the same design used in the MCPx and is subsequently used in the Genius and V120D02S as well. This could be a reason why the V120D02S flew better than the V120D02 or M120D01 as the head is more likely to be kept in phase.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Dec 15, 2011, 04:38 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Aw man. I can't seem to be able to open photo bucket. can you post the pics as attachments?

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old Dec 15, 2011, 01:22 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,023 Posts
lol

break the genius skids already?

Quote:

All I care about are those skids!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 02:02 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
lol

break the genius skids already?
No, but i hate the fact that they are one with the frame
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:56 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,023 Posts
I know it sucks.
on my 3rd main frame now, all because of skids.

I reinforced the skids of new one with CF tow and CA, but now its all bulky and looks like crap.

Quote:
No, but i hate the fact that they are one with the frame
Old Dec 16, 2011, 01:17 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
I've got a question... How do you know that your CP heli's batt is low and land it? Because if the LVC hits, then your heli will just drop out of the sky!

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old Dec 16, 2011, 02:30 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,752 Posts
I use the TX timer and I set a conservative flight time to stay on the safe side.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor