HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:38 PM
United States, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Nov 2009
652 Posts
I HAVE A SOLUTION TO THE REMOTE PROBLEM!!! use a walkera genius CP RX done! Chris will the Solo pro tail fit the genius?? Im sure with the 2 helis we can make a nice flying monster! I have been looking alot closer at nine eagles, i was even thinking of getting the 100 cp (mcpx clone?) whats the difference between the 100 and 125? the 125 use linear servos like the mcpx correct? Did you try to bind your devo to the NE 125? Also hows the canopy compare to genius? will it fit the genius?
Hot_Wheels is online now Find More Posts by Hot_Wheels
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:05 AM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
too bad they didn't go the torque tube route.. while the genius is a nice heli, i dont think i will buy another heli with a tail motor. too problematic with tail holding,etc. despite TT helis more prone to damage during a crash they fly a lot better.

thanks for the info though!
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:11 AM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
I HAVE A SOLUTION TO THE REMOTE PROBLEM!!! use a walkera genius CP RX done! Chris will the Solo pro tail fit the genius?? Im sure with the 2 helis we can make a nice flying monster! I have been looking alot closer at nine eagles, i was even thinking of getting the 100 cp (mcpx clone?) whats the difference between the 100 and 125? the 125 use linear servos like the mcpx correct? Did you try to bind your devo to the NE 125? Also hows the canopy compare to genius? will it fit the genius?
since the heli seems a close copy of the genius you could probably put a genius Rx in quite easy - but I would doubt any manufacturer including nine eagles would make a radio system compatible with walkera because they would have to make it under license from walkera - you get sued for using another's companies protocols without permission.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:41 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
since the heli seems a close copy of the genius you could probably put a genius Rx in quite easy - but I would doubt any manufacturer including nine eagles would make a radio system compatible with walkera because they would have to make it under license from walkera - you get sued for using another's companies protocols without permission.

Regards David
I think the chances are that this is a joint development of some sort with Walkera and Nine Eagles. Now looking back, even the V120D02S and Solo Pro 180D are closely related. The hardware of FBL systems is quite simple, but the programming is not. It will quite incredible for Nine Eagles to come up with a workable version of both the 3 axis and 6 axis gyro within a few months. This sort of collaboration is very common among Chinese companies, especially in the electronics industry Quite often, you can have different manufacturers making essentially the same product.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Dec 14, 2011, 01:05 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,301 Posts
This is along the lines of what I was thinking

If NE did sue Walkera, and some sort of settlement or whatever, was arranged, perhaps NE benefited

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I think the chances are that this is a joint development of some sort with Walkera and Nine Eagles. Now looking back, even the V120D02S and Solo Pro 180D are closely related. The hardware of FBL systems is quite simple, but the programming is not. It will quite incredible for Nine Eagles to come up with a workable version of both the 3 axis and 6 axis gyro within a few months. This sort of collaboration is very common among Chinese companies, especially in the electronics industry Quite often, you can have different manufacturers making essentially the same product.
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Dec 14, 2011, 01:18 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
This is along the lines of what I was thinking

If NE did sue Walkera, and some sort of settlement or whatever, was arranged, perhaps NE benefited
It is not necessarily one way either. The head used on the Genius and the V120D02S appeared months earlier on the Solo Pro 180D. Nine Eagles can definitely provide some help to Walkera as to what durable materials to use.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 01:20 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,301 Posts
True!

I also heard, from the rumor mill, that a member of Align's Team now works for Walkera and had a part in designing the Genius CP.

so

who knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
It is not necessarily one way either. The head used on the Genius and the V120D02S appeared months earlier on the Solo Pro 180D. Nine Eagles can definitely provide some help to Walkera as to what durable materials to use.
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Dec 14, 2011, 01:36 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,586 Posts
Seems like a nice heli, with some improvements over earlier NE CP helis. Now with a good TX and no slip ups in quality control, this could be a winner, if competively priced..
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Dec 14, 2011, 04:39 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Seems like a nice heli, with some improvements over earlier NE CP helis. Now with a good TX and no slip ups in quality control, this could be a winner, if competively priced..
Indeed, seems like it could be a winner model. Have a look. Just received the link to this video from Mr. Lin. Mr. Lin got the video from Nine Eagles and he hosted it on YouTube himself just today:

125 viedo.wmv (4 min 7 sec)

Enjoy the video!

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 14, 2011, 05:41 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
Funny how I have my own personal ******* on this forum... I'm sure if I said it was a copy he's be saying that it isn't...

Here are the differences between both helis...

-Different servos
-Different frame
-Different motors
-Different tail rotor
-Different tail boom
-Different RX
-Different Battery tray
-Different swash plate
-Different landing skids
-Different main shaft
-Different canopy mount rod.
-Different canopy

I mean... Are there any parts left that are the same for us to call this a Walkera copy?

To answer your questions, HW,

-the plugs are different on the RX, so you'd need to cut and solder as well as you'd need compatible plugs to make the Genius CP RX work on this heli.

-The canopy fits the Genius and vice versa.

-The tail boom assembly should work on the GCP but the plug is not compatible. You'd have to solder on the right plug first.

-The 100D has issues with the main gear, it has larger main blades, and it 's a totally different heli in design.

-The servos are component based servos, unlike the mcpX

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 14, 2011, 09:17 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
There is no excuse for you not to move up to a CP now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
True!

I also heard, from the rumor mill, that a member of Align's Team now works for Walkera and had a part in designing the Genius CP.

so

who knows
I am not sure what Walkera has to gain here. After all they are the experts in mirco helicopters whereas Align made a mess of their only entry. The only area I can think of is in improving their FBL systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Funny how I have my own personal ******* on this forum... I'm sure if I said it was a copy he's be saying that it isn't...

I mean... Are there any parts left that are the same for us to call this a Walkera copy?
The Olympus PEN series cameras and Panasonic GF series have a lot of differences. But underneath, they share a lot of components as well as in design and research. I find it hard to believe that Walkera and NE would have come up with the 6 axis gyro at the same time independently. I would be very surprised if Walkera had not patented it.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:02 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,115 Posts
The same goes for anything, Zadaw... Engineers come up with new ideas all the time. Other developers take it from there and they add their own twist to it. What seems to be copied often becomes industry standards. Think power steering or disk brakes on cars... Someone came up with this desigh first, but eventually someone else improved the design, and then someone else improved it even more and son.

Is the design perhaps inspired by the Genius CP design? Maybe... But it certainly is a design of its own with it's on twists and improvements. Copies don't usually come with so many differences in design and they don't often come with a list of improvements, either.

In this case, the improvements are:
-Removable landing gear
-Longer tail boom
-No yaw issues
-Better COG (This is according to Mr. Lin)
-heat sink on main motor
-CNC main shaft. It's not a tube, by the way. It's a CNC rod and also according to Mr. Lin, flight characteristics may be better due to weight repartition on the mast.

In Taiwan, we can buy knock offs for EVERYTHING, but I don't know any "copied" goods that have so many improvements over the original product...

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:29 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,315 Posts
Quote:
The same goes for anything, Zadaw... Engineers come up with new ideas all the time. Other developers take it from there and they add their own twist to it. What seems to be copied often becomes industry standards. Think power steering or disk brakes on cars... Someone came up with this desigh first, but eventually someone else improved the design, and then someone else improved it even more and son.

Is the design perhaps inspired by the Genius CP design? Maybe... But it certainly is a design of its own with it's on twists and improvements. Copies don't usually come with so many differences in design and they don't often come with a list of improvements, either.

In this case, the improvements are:
-Removable landing gear
-Longer tail boom
-No yaw issues
-Better COG (This is according to Mr. Lin)
-heat sink on main motor
-CNC main shaft. It's not a tube, by the way. It's a CNC rod and also according to Mr. Lin, flight characteristics may be better due to weight repartition on the mast.

In Taiwan, we can buy knock offs for EVERYTHING, but I don't know any "copied" goods that have so many improvements over the original product...

Best,
Chris
I am not saying it is a copy. I think it is the result of collaboration, with Walkera and NE coming out with different takes on the same theme just as the case with Panasonic and Olympus.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:32 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,115 Posts
I see. Then I have to agree with you entirely that it is a possibility.

Oh and hold that thought for now on the 6 axis for this heli. No one seems to know for sure. Farmer Dave thinks the switch is a on/off switch for the gyros for setup purposes. He might be right.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:57 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,315 Posts
Quote:
I see. Then I have to agree with you entirely that it is a possibility.

Oh and hold that thought for now on the 6 axis for this heli. No one seems to know for sure. Farmer Dave thinks the switch is a on/off switch for the gyros for setup purposes. He might be right.

Best,
Chris
The heli looks incredibly stable in your video. I wonder if you could have felt whether it was in 3 axis or 6 axis mode?