HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 19, 2012, 06:50 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbecq View Post
I have a Solo Pro V2, the thing that bothers me with transmitter in the RTF package is that it must have a spring or something that keep pulling the throttle stick back to the middle, I guess it's because they want the transmitter easy to convert between Mode1 and Mode2, but it's kinda hard to keep a constant throttle during flight because I need to apply the constant vertical force on the stick while moving sideways to adjust rudder input.

I'm curious if the transmitter (J6?) that comes with Solo Pro 125 has this problem or not?
The stock RTF SP V transmitter should not have a centering spring on the throttle stick.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2012, 07:15 AM
Joined Jan 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
The stock RTF SP V transmitter should not have a centering spring on the throttle stick.
oh, right, i was thinking about the other transmitter, thanks!
rbecq is offline Find More Posts by rbecq
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:14 AM
Joined Feb 2008
143 Posts
Any more news about this? Thanks
Zoide is offline Find More Posts by Zoide
Old Mar 06, 2012, 03:33 AM
Joined Dec 2011
87 Posts
Hi everybody, on the pictures it seems to be the same battery connector as Walkera. Is it true ?
Flo38 is offline Find More Posts by Flo38
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:32 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoide View Post
Any more news about this? Thanks
What kind of news are you after? The heli and the parts are widely available now. That's that. I would buy one as I think it's a very good flyer and all the parts are available at discount prices fives minutes away from my house, but I can't stand the transmitter.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 06, 2012, 12:26 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo38 View Post
Hi everybody, on the pictures it seems to be the same battery connector as Walkera. Is it true ?
It is but polarity is different. It is an easy swap if you want to use batteries from walkera
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Mar 06, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined Apr 2010
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
What kind of news are you after? The heli and the parts are widely available now. That's that. I would buy one as I think it's a very good flyer and all the parts are available at discount prices fives minutes away from my house, but I can't stand the transmitter.

Best,
Chris
Chris

Can you elaborate? I can't find any available from US sources and it appears it hasn't been released here yet. I would expect Club Heli to carry it if it was available.

Best, Mike
mikespens is offline Find More Posts by mikespens
Old Mar 06, 2012, 04:01 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikespens View Post
Can you elaborate? I can't find any available from US sources and it appears it hasn't been released here yet. I would expect Club Heli to carry it if it was available.
Haven't found a US source yet either. Five minutes with Google gave me this. Or this. Or this. I'm sure there are others.

Personally, I'll wait until one of my usual suppliers gets it.
V-Man is offline Find More Posts by V-Man
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: YouTube Channel - CallSignVMan
Old Mar 06, 2012, 04:52 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,183 Posts
I'm curious to what North American vendors will sell this as well. I hope Miracle Mart will as well but I am doubtful.
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Mar 06, 2012, 07:14 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,396 Posts
Oh... I assumed it was widely available because we don't usually get new releases first in Taiwan. Let me rephrase then. It's widely available in Taiwan now and so are the parts.

Now I already have someone asking me to ship one. Sorry guys but you'll have to be patient because I can't ship parts and helis anymore for two reasons. I have a load of cash in my Paypal and there's a steep fee and rate to transfer this money to new Taiwan dollars. I don't need more cash in my Paypal. Additionally, I've just had a very negative experience with a very rude poster who treated me like a dishonest parts vendor because I shipped the wrong part due to miscommunication. Since I never mark up the prices nor shipping costs and just did this to help out, I'm now quite turned off from doing this for people.

I beg your understanding.
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:02 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,075 Posts
Chris,
I think many of us understand. Personally, I knew your kindness would backfire one day. I've always appreciated your offers to help others. I've seen you do it so many times. Never for personal gain. Many times, at a lost. People like who you described bothers me. Mistakes, miscommunications happen. Not sure why people are so quick to assume the worst in others...when it's easy to look up and see how genuine that person has been in past dealings with others.

Keep doing what you do and don't let the world jade you.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Mar 07, 2012, 01:18 AM
Australia
Joined Oct 2000
1,220 Posts
I found a store in Taiwan but the internet store is not setup to sell overseas but u can still email them for quote.
http://www.mji.com.tw/shop/index.php?language=en

Any feedback (Chris???) will be much appreciated, I just found it this morning.
Only store that sells BNF. I got the Tx left over from the rubbish Solo Pro 100.
MartinL is online now Find More Posts by MartinL
Old Mar 07, 2012, 01:43 AM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Yeah that sucks Chris, I had a similar thing happen and costed me $300.
Not many people would send a free GCP rx at their cost, I know youre a good guy.

Martin, pretty sure Chris is friends with the owner of MJI.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Old Mar 07, 2012, 03:13 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,396 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, guys. I have indeed shipped a whole lot of stuff for people in the last 4-5 months, and all over the place. Australia, Brazil, Spain, USA (Also Haiwaii), France, Canada, Argentina and even Israel. I've been to the post office so many times that a while back the post office lady gave me a pile of forms so I can fill them out at home to save time.

Anyways, yes I know MJI. It's run by my friend Mr. Lin. He's a good guy but both him and his staff do not speak English all that well so when you email them you have to keep it simple. If you start asking technical questions about some of his products, you may have to wait a while for a reply as they may not understand your email.

He also just opened a new site, helihome.com and it is for overseas only. He does not sell to Taiwan through this website as he is a distributor and he cannot undermine the Taiwanese LHS that buy from him. His prices are also higher on that site, I believe, and this is to cover paypal fees and currency conversion fees. Mr. Lin is a good guy and if you give him your money he will ship the product to you. He also tests all the helis before he ships them. He doesn't fly them but he makes sure everything is there, he binds the helis to the transmitter and he tests the motors, servos and blade tracking. That's it. How fast he ships, I don't know as I simply pick up what I need. His warehouse is a 5 minutes drive from my place.

I was just at his shop today and he told me that the next batch of 125 will bind with some Futaba and also with Align transmitters that use FHSS protocol. The ones he currently has in stock will not bind to these transmitters, or at least, he doesn't think so.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 09, 2012, 09:01 AM
Joined Jan 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I was just at his shop today and he told me that the next batch of 125 will bind with some Futaba and also with Align transmitters that use FHSS protocol.
Does that mean we can use Turnigy 9x with Solo pro 125? Thanks!
rbecq is offline Find More Posts by rbecq