HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:40 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,136 Posts
Yes, an intake stack would help reduce the spitting that occurs. It is quite common to put them on various engines. I think at present, one would have to make one. But a brass or aluminum tube may fit just fine. I haven't tried looking to see what tube might fit yet.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:55 PM
NinoGoyos
Mexico, QRO, Querétaro
Joined Dec 2011
5 Posts
Hi. Good news. I flew today my new RV-4 equipped with this NGH 9cc, in a field above 2,300 over sea level. Excellent capabilities to take off, climbing and good landing without flaps.
This engine surelly delivers more than 1 HP. Seems like an .50 IN nitro. I spectted more RPM'S... with an 11 x 6 prop I obtained less than 10,500.

Wich prop do you suggest to me?
bgoyos is offline Find More Posts by bgoyos
Last edited by bgoyos; Mar 01, 2013 at 12:06 AM.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 05:51 AM
Laugh NOT at King Tupitos
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,760 Posts
That seems close to what I get with a 500kv 6S and 11x7. The advantage with gasoline is full power through the flight, MUCH longer than 10 minute flights and no useless battery charging that has to be discharged. Trust me, noise is good also. You just can't be considerate with a quiet electric.

What brand of RV4 is it ? I'm interested, nice looking airplane.
Chophop is offline Find More Posts by Chophop
Old Mar 01, 2013, 06:38 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,136 Posts
I am using 11x7 props on my NGH 9cc engines. A 11x8 prop is another that would work too.

My previous engine and prop tests yielded:
MA 11x6 11,700 RPMS
MA 11x7 11,500
MA 11x8 11,000
APC 11x8 10,700
MA 12x6 9,800
These are Master Airscrew composite props and APC composite props.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2013, 06:39 AM
Joined Sep 2006
8,760 Posts
What series APC ?
Old Mar 01, 2013, 06:50 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,136 Posts
I bought them at the local hobby shop so I assume it is whatever they are selling. They are those razor sharp blade scimitar shaped props. I assume they are the C2 design.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2013, 07:45 AM
Israel, Ramat HaSharon
Joined Nov 2003
1,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
I am using 11x7 props on my NGH 9cc engines. A 11x8 prop is another that would work too.

My previous engine and prop tests yielded:
MA 11x6 11,700 RPMS
MA 11x7 11,500
MA 11x8 11,000
APC 11x8 10,700
MA 12x6 9,800
These are Master Airscrew composite props and APC composite props.
Earl, ChopHop,

I don't know of any other APC prop in the 11x8 size for gas/glow, except the Sport series.

Regarding Master Airscrew, their normal, black composite prop was available in the un-marked version, then the Series II and now the G/F3.

They have very different prop factor numbers (the latest is the most efficient and draggy). So, saying 'MA Composite' is insufficient to extract the HP output.
DarZeelon is offline Find More Posts by DarZeelon
Old Mar 01, 2013, 08:33 AM
Joined Sep 2006
8,760 Posts
I found the Master Airscrew wood props on a 25cc made MUCH less vibration than a balanced APC C-2 . Vibration was almost gone. The MA wood is a 16x8. You might want to try an MA wood on the NG9.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 10:51 AM
NinoGoyos
Mexico, QRO, Querétaro
Joined Dec 2011
5 Posts
RV-4 + NGH 9cc

Hi. Thanks. Well, I Build this RV-4 from scrap. It's a Great Planes KIT .40.
As I'm F1-LOTUS team, I decided to finish it covering with LOTUS scheme: everything is on Monokote. HOPE YOU LIKE THIS.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 10:53 AM
NinoGoyos
Mexico, QRO, Querétaro
Joined Dec 2011
5 Posts
Thanks "earlwb". What do you think using an MA Formula1: 11.5 x 7.5???? in this NGH 9cc?
Old Mar 01, 2013, 10:54 AM
Joined Sep 2006
8,760 Posts
From the photo it couldn't have been better from a kit. Do you have a build log ?
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:14 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoyos View Post
Thanks "earlwb". What do you think using an MA Formula1: 11.5 x 7.5???? in this NGH 9cc?
Give it a try, it is in the range of props to use on the engine.

When I had the engines apart in the past, I noticed that the transfer ports (where the air/fuel mixture is pumped into the combustion chamber from the bottom) were very shallow. Thus I think the engine tends to be somewhat flow restricted and cannot really turn higher RPMs. So it tends to do better with larger propellers. The spark ignition system can be adjusted a little too. Sometimes a slight movement of the timing sensor can yield some good results.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2013, 04:43 AM
Joined May 2009
31 Posts
Hey guys. I have a little problem with my ngh engine. The front bearing started to make a noise and I want to change it, but I don't know where to get a spare bearing. I know himodel has spare parts but they aren't available at the moment. So is there any other places where to buy the exactly same bearing? The bearing is 62900RS
pollaris75 is offline Find More Posts by pollaris75
Old Mar 02, 2013, 06:17 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,136 Posts
Hi Model isn't a problem, I have ordered parts that were out of stock or backordered from them before a few times. I place all the backordered items in one separate order from any order that they have in stock items (less confusing and less problems). It usually takes them a few days and then they ship the parts off to me.

But the bearings are common sizes. You can order them from RC-Bearings, Boca Bearings, and VXB Bearings. They even pop up on Ebay quite often too. You can measure the bearings and look to see what is close to matching your measurements. The bearings go in size steps, so it'll be fairly obvious as to which one fits or not.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:00 AM
Oman, Masqat
Joined Apr 2010
321 Posts
I have just got the new evolution 10cc engine . and it has been preforming flawlessly. I didnt have any issues with the fuel pumping or the tuning.

I have had the NGH 9cc for about a year and it has really been a pain in the A*S it never worked properly even by changing the carbs out and installing a perry pump and replacing the the stock pump.

I am thinking of replacing the NGH9cc carb with the 10GX carb. and see if i will be able to make use of the NGH engine i have that is currently just a paper weight.
I havent measure the carb size yet of both the engines. but if they fit i reckon this would be a winner for the NGH 9cc engine

what are your veiws on this?

here is a quick vid of my decathlon with the 10GX engine on it
Hobbyking Decathlon with Evolution 10GX maiden (1 min 20 sec)
Boostoman is offline Find More Posts by Boostoman