HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:47 AM
Oman, Masqat
Joined Apr 2010
321 Posts
wow that's great numbers that's around 3.2Kg (7lb) of thrust according to my thrust calculator.

I will be posting pictures of my motor compared to a OS46 in the next few ours. I will keep you posted.
Boostoman is offline Find More Posts by Boostoman
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2012, 07:57 AM
Joined Jan 2012
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostoman View Post
wow that's great numbers that's around 3.2Kg (7lb) of thrust according to my thrust calculator.

I will be posting pictures of my motor compared to a OS46 in the next few ours. I will keep you posted.
ok thanks
flavinn is offline Find More Posts by flavinn
Old Mar 12, 2012, 01:05 PM
Oman, Masqat
Joined Apr 2010
321 Posts
hey guys i just got my engine today wow the size is the same as my OS46ax .

i would like to know the placment of the fuel pump should it be placed above or below the carb? becuase i have fuel dripping out of the carb. plus were did u guy start with the hs needle becease im not getting a steady rpm
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:48 PM
Demonstrations on Saturdays!
United States, CA, Woodland
Joined Jan 2012
349 Posts
Quote:
hey guys i just got my engine today wow the size is the same as my OS46ax .

i would like to know the placment of the fuel pump should it be placed above or below the carb? becuase i have fuel dripping out of the carb. plus were did u guy start with the hs needle becease im not getting a steady rpm
Started mine stock for a couple of tanks then adjusted accordingly. The pump location is outlined in the instructions. Not looking at mine I think it was outlet of pump level with carb or slightly below.

As for dripping, mine started that after 4 or 5 tanks on the stand. I opened up the pump to clean it out with Berrymans and found an aluminum flake in the pump. Flushed and all was good again.
gravityking is offline Find More Posts by gravityking
Old Mar 12, 2012, 07:32 PM
Joined Dec 2011
46 Posts
Sky Rider NGH 9CC GT9 (6 min 8 sec)
michael chow is offline Find More Posts by michael chow
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:56 AM
Oman, Masqat
Joined Apr 2010
321 Posts
OK i thought I might share with everyone the separate weights of the engine items

Engine w/ Carb: 418g
Exhaust: 42g
Fuel Pump: 56g
Ignition module w/ spark plug: 107g
total weight: 623g

OS46AX engine with exhaust: 501g

so the difference is around 122g. I hope the extra weight will be compisated with extra power.

I have alsot attached some pics comparing my OS 46AX with the NGH 9cc motor.

The NGH 9cc fit exactly were the OS engine fit even the throttle links are in the same place.
I have ran the engine with one fuel tank (268cc) and a 11x7 prop. im only getting 10,000rpm but I will run another tank through it today and see how it goes. hopely I will gain another 1,000 rpm.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:01 AM
Oman, Masqat
Joined Apr 2010
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravityking View Post
Started mine stock for a couple of tanks then adjusted accordingly. The pump location is outlined in the instructions. Not looking at mine I think it was outlet of pump level with carb or slightly below.

As for dripping, mine started that after 4 or 5 tanks on the stand. I opened up the pump to clean it out with Berrymans and found an aluminum flake in the pump. Flushed and all was good again.
Gravity,
thanks for the info, I will look into cleaning the pump and carb after my second tank of running today
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:05 PM
Joined Jan 2012
349 Posts
Anybody know of an O.S. nitro style muffler to fit this engine?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:19 AM
Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia
Joined Mar 2008
516 Posts
Standard .46 size FX muffler bolts right up ...
fiery is offline Find More Posts by fiery
Old Mar 15, 2012, 02:42 AM
Oman, Masqat
Joined Apr 2010
321 Posts
any os 46 or 55 exhausts will fit this motor
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:35 PM
Joined Jan 2012
349 Posts
Thanks guys!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:59 PM
Oman, Masqat
Joined Apr 2010
321 Posts
i would like some help. can so of the guys give me some advise. it seems i have abit on an issue with my needles. does the needle pointa mentioned in the manual good enougb to start with. becuase i can get my engine to idle.or high rpm what ever i do the. also i noticed i get bubbles coming out of the carb went i try to start the mototr
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:56 PM
Joined Jan 2012
349 Posts
Quote:
i would like some help. can so of the guys give me some advise. it seems i have abit on an issue with my needles. does the needle pointa mentioned in the manual good enougb to start with. becuase i can get my engine to idle.or high rpm what ever i do the. also i noticed i get bubbles coming out of the carb went i try to start the mototr
Are you saying you have air bubbles going into the carb from the pump?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:44 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2007
577 Posts
It seems like a few too many people are still having probs . When they all start to run well out of the box Ill pull the triger on one . Cheers the pope
the pope is online now Find More Posts by the pope
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:03 AM
Oman, Masqat
Joined Apr 2010
321 Posts
gravityking, bubble are coming from the carb to the pump which is strange i have never seen that before. thus effects the fuel flow. i have reopend the fuel pump to make sure all the diaphrams are in place plus the plate screws tighten. can you guys share with me the needle starting points low and high.