SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 18, 2012, 02:05 AM
Istanbul, Turkey
Joined Aug 2004
847 Posts
HiPope, if you mean "any" of his engine,yes,I can say that his glow engines can leave the ground and even better fly than a OS 55.(Chinese prop,11-6 zero nitro homebrew fuel, 13400 RPM from a JBA 56 F).Also that 9CC based on some mod.JBA 56 .
Yet we have 3 NGH 35 gassers here on break in over bench phase.All seems great.I hope I can put reports about it soon when any gets flying.
turk1 is offline Find More Posts by turk1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2012, 03:15 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2007
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turk1 View Post
HiPope, if you mean "any" of his engine,yes,I can say that his glow engines can leave the ground and even better fly than a OS 55.(Chinese prop,11-6 zero nitro homebrew fuel, 13400 RPM from a JBA 56 F).Also that 9CC based on some mod.JBA 56 .
Yet we have 3 NGH 35 gassers here on break in over bench phase.All seems great.I hope I can put reports about it soon when any gets flying.
Howdy there Turk , I was referring to Brian Winches reviews and not the line of NGH and JBA engines . I see a few people are having some problems with the 9 NGH . Its not as problem free as I would like to see. This could be teething problems or user error but I think I will wait and see for a bit longer . The thing I dont like is the amount of petrol engines that are here today and gone tomorow . I want to make sure that part suport and service is going to be there a few years down the track before I get one . I think I need a crystal ball . Cheers the pope
the pope is online now Find More Posts by the pope
Old Feb 18, 2012, 06:46 AM
Istanbul, Turkey
Joined Aug 2004
847 Posts
Hi Pope, Yes I agree with you, in time all will be more clear...
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:10 PM
Demonstrations on Saturdays!
United States, CA, Woodland
Joined Jan 2012
417 Posts
It's time to take mine off the stand and put it in the air. Had originally planned to put this in a Bonanza I'm building from sticks but before I chance that I ordered a .40 size Zlin 42 ARF from Hobby King. I'll experiment with that!

I'll post vid and further reviews in a couple weeks.
gravityking is offline Find More Posts by gravityking
Old Feb 18, 2012, 09:58 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turk1 View Post
you always defend everything from NGH in all american forums because you have some of those engines, are you paid or sponsorised by the chinese owner or do you get chinese engines for free or are you just another NGH fanboy or do you really enjoy trolling on forums ?
if your budget is not enough for better engines I would understand it.

do not make me laught man, the JBA 56 was the worst engine I have ever seen in my life, yes they are "cheap" but... if you wanted to have it running you had to buy an OS carb for it's the same CRAP engine like their JBA 15cc gas engine, replace the carb for a new one and the con.rod if you wanna keep it running... JBA=junk.
I don't need to prove it because you are RCU member and you have a lot of threads about and Mr CHOW said it many times about his engine issues.
NO I don't work for Tower Monopolies, (OS distributor) it's just my opinion of a Troll or who knows ? JBA 56 better than OS 55... pfffff
DoctorX is offline Find More Posts by DoctorX
Last edited by DoctorX; Feb 18, 2012 at 10:07 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:41 AM
Istanbul, Turkey
Joined Aug 2004
847 Posts
Hi Doc,firstly I think you may notice Im not from USA so I dont have any goal on any American market etc.
Im sorry to hear your JBA engine didnt work.But as you know some OS engines dont work also so please don't generalize.
Sir, I am using JBA glows since maybe 3-4 more years.I have 6 of them flying frequently.Also many of friends here too.Then I have many of OS 55 around me flying .Sir, I have seen many OS 55 spitting glow plug(really several times and never seen yet on another engine),loosening head screws,adjust problems.JBA has retainer type carb clamp and OS has 2 screw to keep carbs in place.I have seen lost carb screws on OS 55 to make crazy the owner to understand why engine behaves such weird.But not at all on JBA engines,though I never mention OS engines are crap.
Sir, for less than 50 $ please have a JBA 56 F then compare while flying.
For JBA gassers, you are right on that subject.Maybe you know,an unfortunate development at JBA factory made them problematic children of factory.But still they are supporting their engines(unlike OS factories on peeling liners or vapor lock problems on remote needle assembly).
That prop/RPM reading was on my own engine.Not a factory propaganda.
I have a contact with Mr.Chow so I am always behind his products as I know closely of his work and mind.
Last edited by turk1; Feb 19, 2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 01:23 AM
Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia
Joined Mar 2008
579 Posts
I know nothing about JBA or NGH or issues in the past.

What I do know is that I had a carb issue on my NGH GT9, purchased from a mainland China vendor.

Mr Chow has been good enought to PM me directly (here at RCG) and has said he will take a personal interest in resolving my carb problem.

I have returned that carb to the supplier (HiModel) for inspection. I have requested a replacement. We will see. For now, I do believe Mr Chow does want to see users being happy with the NGH product.
fiery is offline Find More Posts by fiery
Old Feb 19, 2012, 05:52 AM
Joined Jan 2012
25 Posts
I do not think glow will end, but the smaller petrol engines will improve and will certainly have a wide market ... I also like glow, but not only prices but also in my case to get the fuel weighs. Ai adding everything is much more expensive, fuel pick up is a trip, the price of methanol, and so on. I think in gasoline because it is easier to acquire and is not as complicated operation, with everything installed just flick the switch and turn the propeller. In the case of NGH 9, I purchased with this thinking, curiosity and experience, but there is still room for improvement and this will happen without doubt. Meanwhile in the hall of Justice, this engine will work as best we can, gaining experience and following the development.
I am also sure that Sir Michael Chow is working hard to develop this engine better ...
flavinn is offline Find More Posts by flavinn
Old Feb 19, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Jan 2012
25 Posts
3 flights today ... not erased in any flight ... the engine is very fuel dropping by the carburetor, but not erased ... some flaws in flight, but not erase, what I did was reduce the acceleration and re-accelerate slowly. go testing.
flavinn is offline Find More Posts by flavinn
Old Feb 19, 2012, 10:01 PM
Joined Dec 2011
46 Posts
Thank you for your attention!
In China, It is really difficult to make a good Glow-engine, we always can make a good engine, But we still have no ability to make a good carb match this glow-engine, so Chinese glow-engine always hard to adjust and no good performance, but OS and YS ..etc famous companies have ability to design and make perfect carb and engine, it is based on Basic industry technology level, it is reality.
Walbro is a great company and its carb can be matched with a gas engine with perfect performance, this is why so many manufactories can make a good gas engine, because Walbro.
From years ago, we hope to make a smaller gas engine based on experience of glow-engine, we worked hard for this plan all the times, it is difficult to us, but we insist to get our dream. I think you are all live in West Developed Country, but I think maybe you can't understand the difference completely. your advanced tech can make very good and advanced and famous products, more ane more others except model, but it is difficult to make in China. many multinational corporations invest in China and make good products supply to all the world, so you all can buy good and cheaper products from China, I think it is a good thing to all customers, we hope our works is respected.
When we start a plan for a new size, we always get many suggestions and advice from many people, and invest to make this size not just buy parts and assemble with a gas engine, I think this is a good Attitude and manner with not just copy and be a clone, So NGH made some difference.
GT9 is a hard work for many years although we have glow-engine experience and make it with .52 size glow engine, but we need to make a special carb match it with same principle of operation with Walbro. we made so many tests and always met fails, again..fail..again....
Walbro carb is a carb+pump+regulator with three-in-one, it solve the fuel-transition perfect, I have not enough ability to make three-in-one with smaller dimension, so GT9 is with a carb + fuel-system (pump+regulator).
we cannot guarantee 100% ok but each tested before shipment. the problem carb should be decentraction with the two needles on deviated Axis.
Also I think my mistake in the manual that the manual can't show the correct adjustment completely for carb and system.
carb: we can see the exploded-view for carb in the manual, No2# is high-speed-needle, and No3# is throttle-valve, and slow-speed-needle had not shown in this exploded-view with opposite, low-needle had been locked in factory, we just need adjust the high-needle and throttle-valve.
System: it is with pump+regulator, we can read the extra manual sheet and installation drawing, we should install a filter on the tube to stop the dirty transfer, the regulator with be locked if dirty pass the system, we can disassemble the system with four-screws side, we can find a floater under the rocker arm, the floater will not be moved up and down smoothly if the dirty inside, clean it.
if the dirty locked the floater, the carb will be flood,because the fuel regulator is not work.
we will improve some details to get a reliable performance with easily adjustment.
and your problem engine will be serviced from dealers. if dealers have not supplied good service to you, please tell me. thank you
michael chow is offline Find More Posts by michael chow
Old Feb 21, 2012, 07:00 AM
Joined Feb 2012
21 Posts
Hi There

im selling this NGH GT9 Engine at my ebay store i ship worldwide.please have a look if you are interested.cheers

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NGH-GT9-P...ht_4905wt_1163
MegaBrandsOnline is offline Find More Posts by MegaBrandsOnline
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Dec 2011
46 Posts
http://www.5irc.com/forum.php?mod=vi...extra=page%3D1

please visit the video to check how to install it and adjust it.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:25 PM
Demonstrations on Saturdays!
United States, CA, Woodland
Joined Jan 2012
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravityking View Post
It's time to take mine off the stand and put it in the air. Had originally planned to put this in a Bonanza I'm building from sticks but before I chance that I ordered a .40 size Zlin 42 ARF from Hobby King. I'll experiment with that!

I'll post vid and further reviews in a couple weeks.
Why is this being so difficult? Got the Zlin 42 in and first thing I notice is it's really big! How is this little engine going to fly this? So I look at the instructions and viola! It's calling for a .60 2 stroke or .90 4 stroke. It's not a .46 as advertised. This is good for my 20cc I have doing nothing but still shopping for a test plane.
gravityking is offline Find More Posts by gravityking
Old Feb 24, 2012, 02:38 PM
Old skool speed freak!
Napa, Ca
Joined May 2004
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravityking View Post
Why is this being so difficult? Got the Zlin 42 in and first thing I notice is it's really big! How is this little engine going to fly this? So I look at the instructions and viola! It's calling for a .60 2 stroke or .90 4 stroke. It's not a .46 as advertised. This is good for my 20cc I have doing nothing but still shopping for a test plane.
Go Figure!
vinmech is offline Find More Posts by vinmech
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:06 AM
Joined Dec 2011
46 Posts
NGH GT 9cc gasolina (1 min 50 sec)