HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:02 PM
China
Joined Jul 2010
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Diver View Post
And it looks like his version has CF tube installed in the wing, not strip.

I didn't get them either. But I have tube and strip to beef up the wings :P
well a correction, those are cf strips or rods installed inside the wings, not tubes. i might need to check more. do not want to operate the wing to confirm that now
alishanmao is offline Find More Posts by alishanmao
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:02 PM
China
Joined Jul 2010
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauf View Post
oh, btw.. in the unboxing video from alishanmao, he also got what looks like 2 extra carbon fiber tubes,same length as the joiner. I didnt get those.
yes I am still wondering what do i do with those two? maybe use them to make a landing gear cuz like take off and landing off ground
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:23 PM
What goes up, must come down
United States, MI, Midland
Joined Sep 2009
705 Posts
No worries man!
I love your reviews! and dont know where FPV would be without you cant wait for "part 2" of the x8 to come out

Crazy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alishanmao View Post
I am in China and I am in touch with Bevrc on phone. I specially request and follow up for the equipment I want for my reviews and bevrc sends it. If they somehow forget to send me some stuff, I remind them, wait and then do the review. But if i get some stuff later, I do not just wait till it arrives to put it in box and then review it saying it was in the box. I just clearly mention what came in box. Sometimes it surprises me too as this time my X8 arrived with 2 extra, long carbon tubes and two 4 extra pieces of wood.

So kindly do not pick on me or bevrc for some kind of setup on reviews. My reviews are not fixed or setup. I am a straight forward person and I do straight forward reviews.

Cheers and hope this clarifies.
crazy1pilot is offline Find More Posts by crazy1pilot
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:29 PM
Sorry-I am from Denmark !!
Danmark, Lolland, Søllested
Joined Nov 2010
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alishanmao View Post
I am in China and I am in touch with Bevrc on phone. I specially request and follow up for the equipment I want for my reviews and bevrc sends it. If they somehow forget to send me some stuff, I remind them, wait and then do the review. But if i get some stuff later, I do not just wait till it arrives to put it in box and then review it saying it was in the box. I just clearly mention what came in box. Sometimes it surprises me too as this time my X8 arrived with 2 extra, long carbon tubes and two 4 extra pieces of wood.

So kindly do not pick on me or bevrc for some kind of setup on reviews. My reviews are not fixed or setup. I am a straight forward person and I do straight forward reviews.

Cheers and hope this clarifies.
And i am one of the RC pilots who love your videos-Keep up with the good work
Niels Erik is offline Find More Posts by Niels Erik
Old Feb 29, 2012, 05:26 PM
Foam Snow
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Aug 2011
1,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
CarPlan - Color Match - Red 33
Code: YAW025 (not sure what it is for)
Barcode: 5010373334522
http://www.carplan.co.uk

I got it from a local car parts shop but they are also listed on ebay.

-Angelos
thanks mate!
heinduplessis is offline Find More Posts by heinduplessis
Old Feb 29, 2012, 09:47 PM
China
Joined Jul 2010
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy1pilot View Post
No worries man!
I love your reviews! and dont know where FPV would be without you cant wait for "part 2" of the x8 to come out

Crazy1
Awesome Just ordered 12x8.5 and 13x7 folding props with metal base. might need to remove the prop holder from custom motor to fit those. as soon as props are here, I am gonna start assembly. got some stupid ideas, thats what I always do when assembling. am not very good at it and my planes always end up ugly lol. but hey if it flies well thats my concern.

By the way, for FPV, Trappy is the legend. I hope soon he will decide to come to China and we will go fly FPV together
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:55 AM
Old Blighty
Joined Apr 2010
1,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
The other thing to report... I used T-nuts to attach the winglets instead of the supplied wood screws. I am not sure if this is a good idea as now they are much more firmly attached and likely to cause damage elsewhere if it hit a tree etc. Time will show.

-Angelos
Those T-nuts look neat! What size are they, M3? Will you be putting one on each of the wing 'tongues' used to secure the wings to the fuse too?
Ian Davidson is offline Find More Posts by Ian Davidson
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:59 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,877 Posts
The winglets came off in my crash. Just pulled the lower (wing side) ply right off the foam (taking
some foam with it, which makes it pretty easy to glue back on).
Wouldn't matter what type of bolts/nuts are used there. If I wanted to keep the ply
from being able to tear off as easily, I'd wrap Kevlar cloth over the ply and back up an inch or so
onto the foam and glue with CA.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:37 AM
Old Blighty
Joined Apr 2010
1,687 Posts
I guess my thought process behind using T-nuts was not that they would fix the wing-tips to the wings any more securely (although they might), but mainly that they're a far neater/more professional way of securing the wing-tips if one wanted to frequently remove/reattached them for transport reasons.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:19 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
Black is best.

Here are some pictures of what i have done to my wing with carbon vinyl--not sure how much more weight i have added but its not a great deal and i will be running a scorpion 3026--710kv 1000 watts on 2x5 cell 4000 packs in parallel so should have plenty of punch,i also have installed blind nuts and plastic bolts to attach the wing tips next step is to install my dragon link and all the other garbage that goes inside
helichoper is offline Find More Posts by helichoper
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:36 AM
Old Blighty
Joined Apr 2010
1,687 Posts
No THAT looks neat! Is the carbon vinyl iron-on, or simply peel-back adhesive? How do you get it to cover the more rounded sections without wrinkling?
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:54 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
Its peel back adhesive and with heat from a hair dryer it softens and with lots of patience and swearing it will manipulate around the corners.
helichoper is offline Find More Posts by helichoper
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:58 AM
Old Blighty
Joined Apr 2010
1,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helichoper View Post
Its peel back adhesive and with heat from a hair dryer it softens and with lots of patience and swearing it will manipulate around the corners.
Very nice indeed! Thanks!
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:40 AM
My other vehicle is unmanned
Joined Jan 2010
1,392 Posts
helichoper can you weigh your wing! I would like to know how much extra weight the carbon vinyl has added. I did this to my zepher and kind of regret it now as its heavy and a pain to launch. it dose look great and is really tough stuff will help with landings and keep the underside from getting to mashed up. but i dont think i want to compromise the flight endurance of this bird with added weight. it is tempting thow lol
fpvnick is offline Find More Posts by fpvnick
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:44 AM
You can't take the sky from me
Slovakia, Bratislava Region, Bratislava
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
helichoper: Holy cow, this is the first time in my life when I prefered (a little) the view on the airplane over the view on it's "human carrier"... Absolutely stunning, if it will fly that good as it looks you need no motor to fly it :-)
Rastislavko is offline Find More Posts by Rastislavko