HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2013, 12:08 AM
Joined Apr 2009
2,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedtwitz View Post
Anybody know of a way to get my hands on an X7 or X8 fuse?
troy built models has the white one in stock. i don't know were you are so shipping might be costly.
crash goodly is offline Find More Posts by crash goodly
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2013, 01:28 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash goodly View Post
troy built models has the white one in stock. i don't know were you are so shipping might be costly.
HobbyKing has the white X8 in stock at their warehouse in Washington State. Took just two days to ship to me... received today, hooray!
amattice is offline Find More Posts by amattice
Old Apr 04, 2013, 04:48 AM
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels Erik View Post
Wheel and kamera box om my X8
Hello Niels:

I like the idea of ​​putting a wheel to X8. I want to put this on HobbyKing (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=29599)
As you already have it on, which is the best place to put it?

Thank you very much.

Alfonso
arfonzo is offline Find More Posts by arfonzo
Old Apr 04, 2013, 11:13 AM
Joined Apr 2009
2,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amattice View Post
HobbyKing has the white X8 in stock at their warehouse in Washington State. Took just two days to ship to me... received today, hooray!
i checked last night and they were showing back order on them.
Old Apr 04, 2013, 06:59 PM
United States, CT, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
494 Posts
No, is there anywhere I can get only a fuselage? I have no need for extra wings. Alternatively, I could buy a full set and sell the pair of wings to someone here.

I'm fairly sure the X7 wing set is identical to the one on the X8; only the fuse/center section has changed. Anybody actually tried the X7 yet?
Zedtwitz is offline Find More Posts by Zedtwitz
Old Apr 04, 2013, 07:40 PM
Joined Apr 2009
2,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedtwitz View Post
No, is there anywhere I can get only a fuselage? I have no need for extra wings. Alternatively, I could buy a full set and sell the pair of wings to someone here.

I'm fairly sure the X7 wing set is identical to the one on the X8; only the fuse/center section has changed. Anybody actually tried the X7 yet?
i haven't seen anybody offering spare parts for the x8 or x7. for what the kit costs you might as well have a spare set of wings.
Old Apr 04, 2013, 11:14 PM
7000 Ft up in NM mountains !
Mountainair, NM
Joined May 2009
672 Posts
I have a crashed X8 rebuildable.
3rd pic is wing that came off and got nipped by prop!
. I have a new white one and a fiberglass black one. Won't sell last 2.
Last Pic is of fiberglass one is black w/red/white stripe.
Earl
uphiearl is offline Find More Posts by uphiearl
Last edited by uphiearl; Apr 05, 2013 at 01:18 AM. Reason: add pics
Old Apr 05, 2013, 01:42 AM
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
Hello:

finally i finish to install the retractable train for the X8.

And the video how it works.

arfonzo is offline Find More Posts by arfonzo
Old Apr 05, 2013, 07:00 AM
Joined Oct 2011
137 Posts
The best thing i did to my x8 was throw away the folding prop and put on an apc and turn on my esc brake. More power and same glide, and less problems.
jb_bak is offline Find More Posts by jb_bak
Old Apr 05, 2013, 09:00 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb_bak View Post
The best thing i did to my x8 was throw away the folding prop and put on an apc and turn on my esc brake. More power and same glide, and less problems.
No problems on landing?
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Apr 06, 2013, 02:22 AM
When a hobby gets a passion
Thailand, Chon Buri, Pattaya
Joined Sep 2012
762 Posts
First flight on navigation with FY31AP. All went well. Programmed a pentagon with 1Km legs and flew it twice. The current consumption a bit higher as expected, around 12A to maintain 55Km/Hr. I will soon try another motor/prop combination.

X8 full NAV 1st flight (Hi-res) (12 min 49 sec)

Take off and landings getting better, although I still come in a bit too fast. But we have a long runway, so no problem. The take off's using the retracts are very easy and smooth. Even better than expected. Next time I will post video from the sideline taking off.
Pattaya01 is online now Find More Posts by Pattaya01
Old Apr 06, 2013, 02:29 AM
Beating air into submission!
Joined Aug 2011
1,855 Posts
Interesting video of your flight. On the final approach I felt the need of a lot of rudder to line up with the strip. I have never been comfortable with bank and yank.
GrahamWilson is offline Find More Posts by GrahamWilson
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 06, 2013, 03:30 AM
Joined Sep 2012
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamWilson View Post
Interesting video of your flight. On the final approach I felt the need of a lot of rudder to line up with the strip. I have never been comfortable with bank and yank.
I found that the best strategy for this plane and our airstrip is to aim for it and as soon as I am above the strip, no longer use the ailerons. Just a little bit down until it touches the ground and then let it be. You can see in the end the result of the ground effect. After the first 2 hits with the runway, it glides for about 2 seconds just a few cm above the runway until the speed goes down and slides to rest. We have a very long runway, so I am not worried. I protected the fuselage with 2 pieces of nylon. I also think this is why it slides so long. The nylon is a perfect smooth surface.
Old Apr 06, 2013, 10:33 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk View Post
No problems on landing?
I suspect if you carry a dozen spare props, no problem. Fixed prop, brake on = very good chance you've got a flying anchor on landing.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Apr 07, 2013, 07:18 PM
Joined Sep 2012
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb_bak View Post
I think the question all of us want to ask: How do you land without damaging the prop?