HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:29 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastislavko View Post
White X8 is now in stock on HobbyKing for a very reasonable price of $167.65 (platinum)...
Another small entrepreneur sells out to the giant. Prices fall. Product becomes common place. A good and bad thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracky72 View Post
I just realized I know you from s2000 land. Small world.
Indeed, it is. You would be amazed at how many RC aircraft I can fit inside an S2000, with top up. My record is 6 (and they're not small planes).
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:52 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,135 Posts
Quote:
White X8 is now in stock on HobbyKing for a very reasonable price of $167.65 (platinum)...
Yeah while it's $167 for the price.. It racks up to about $300 after shipping. Still cheaper to order it from FPV Hobby if you're bringing it to the states!
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:06 AM
You can't take the sky from me
Slovakia, Bratislava Region, Bratislava
Joined Jun 2006
748 Posts
That's true, nothing beats free shipping in BEVRC. Perhaps only DE/UK/US shops. You can save on shipping and customs this way...
Rastislavko is online now Find More Posts by Rastislavko
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:06 AM
Keep calm and carry on.
United States, VA, Falls Church
Joined Jan 2012
1,352 Posts
Quote:
That's true, nothing beats free shipping in BEVRC. Perhaps only DE/UK/US shops. You can save on shipping and customs this way...
Mine was delivered door to door in about 7 days. Dont forget there is a coupon code on this thread somewhere from BEV...
Oso M is offline Find More Posts by Oso M
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:19 PM
Joined Dec 2004
169 Posts
$300 w/ Shipping???

Just ordered my second X-8 (this time from HK).
I bought a motor, ESC, 2 servos and the wing. Standard shipping was $56.00 to the US.
That puts the total for the wing at $223.85 from HK even if I count the other items as shipped for free.

BevRC doesn't offer free shipping on any order with planes anymore to the States (even over $200 - I tried it just before the HK order) - guess what? Exactly $56.00 from Bev too. Total from Bev - $255.00
Jeff Watt is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Watt
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:45 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso M View Post
Mine was delivered door to door in about 7 days. Dont forget there is a coupon code on this thread somewhere from BEV...
Pretty sure the coupon code is "alishanmao" for 10% off from bevrc
Free shipping works only with under 3kg
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:49 PM
FLY IY, BREAK IT, FIX IT,
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2005
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Another small entrepreneur sells out to the giant. Prices fall. Product becomes common place. A good and bad thing.

Indeed, it is. You would be amazed at how many RC aircraft I can fit inside an S2000, with top up. My record is 6 (and they're not small planes).
A familiar face from Vampire thread!

Just ordered one. 130 gbp delivered. Outstanding value.
Impailer is offline Find More Posts by Impailer
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:19 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster View Post
Yeah while it's $167 for the price.. It racks up to about $300 after shipping. Still cheaper to order it from FPV Hobby if you're bringing it to the states!
I dunno. Went part way through checkout just to see what shipping is. $48.00 to Canada, so a total of $215.00. You must have selected the 5 hour delivery by cruise missile. And since BEVRC doesn't do free shipping anymore, that's not a bad price. Only thing is, I would have never bought the white one.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:20 PM
Joined Jun 2006
95 Posts
Hi All, I am hoping to get some help here in dealing with fpvfling.com. I ordered my X8 August 11, 2012, and got it about 10 days later. Unfortunately, as I have read happened to others, I was sent 2 wing tips for one side, not one for each side. I contacted them and have exchanged many emails, but still have no left wing tip, just 2 for the right wing.

Anyone have a solution or any pull with FPV to help me get this resolved?
UncleMatt is offline Find More Posts by UncleMatt
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:45 PM
Joined Jul 2012
10 Posts
Hi everyone

Does anyone know a good X-8 setup (prop, motor, batteries, esc) to get long flight time (as close to 1 hour as possible) using S3 lipo batteries. We're planning on using the plane for FPV. Most long flight builds I've found use S4 Lipo's.

I would like to use S3 lipo batteries so I can interchange the batteries with my existing batteries. How much more efficient is an S4 setup compared to an S3 setup?
yoniweb is offline Find More Posts by yoniweb
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:49 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoniweb View Post
Hi everyone

Does anyone know a good X-8 setup (prop, motor, batteries, esc) to get long flight time (as close to 1 hour as possible) using S3 lipo batteries. We're planning on using the plane for FPV. Most long flight builds I've found use S4 Lipo's.

I would like to use S3 lipo batteries so I can interchange the batteries with my existing batteries. How much more efficient is an S4 setup compared to an S3 setup?
Why not simply run two is series if that's all you have ?
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:06 AM
insert witty phrase here
Joined Aug 2006
379 Posts
you'll want to do at least two things.
the first is read up on how voltage and current relate to motor usage in our aplications, http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/voltage.htm

and understand the 'Wattage' ratings of motors & what they mean to our usage.

cheers,
Brian

Quote:
Hi everyone

TooSLow2Care is offline Find More Posts by TooSLow2Care
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:38 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMatt View Post
Hi All, I am hoping to get some help here in dealing with fpvfling.com. I ordered my X8 August 11, 2012, and got it about 10 days later. Unfortunately, as I have read happened to others, I was sent 2 wing tips for one side, not one for each side. I contacted them and have exchanged many emails, but still have no left wing tip, just 2 for the right wing.

Anyone have a solution or any pull with FPV to help me get this resolved?
the quickest and possible the most satisfying result would be for you to make your own one. either from balsa wood or blue foam. at least this way you can manage a few flights while you are fighting it out with the people involved.
If you are not a model builder then
1) have a go, it is fun and easy to do
2) find someone local who can help
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:45 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,253 Posts
Quote:
Hi everyone

It's 3S (3 in series), not S3..
A clean X8 build using a 1110kv motor and 12x8'ish prop, with a couple 3S 5000mAh packs
in parallel, flown at an average of anything less than 10A over the whole flight, will get you an
hour in the air. My X8 cruises at about 8A. I just usually get bored flying that way
all the time and burn more current climbing high, or going fast.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:07 AM
FLY IY, BREAK IT, FIX IT,
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2005
828 Posts
Hello all

Looking forward to building this one....can anyone running the OS 750 motor please post their prop choice and associated amps/watts pulled please? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Impailer is offline Find More Posts by Impailer