SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:43 PM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Sep 2010
1,257 Posts
I hear you. Even before I got my X8 I was sceptical about holding in the wings with just bolts, but I entertained the idea because it would make it easier for transport.
Vlodek9 is offline Find More Posts by Vlodek9
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:43 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexF View Post
i wrote before,
i have been up on a hill where we go fly with gliders, there were some wind to help me fly, and i launch like i launch all gliders for example Blade2m with motor on 1\2 power.
Yes, I seem to recall this now. Didn't respondents conclude that this was not a good way to launch the X8? Your 2M is a more conventional airplane and the motor is in the front, right? The X8 is a large wing with a pusher prop. Launching is best done with full or near full power with a slightly above level trajectory.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:48 AM
failure is not an option
Joined Jul 2012
17 Posts
Of course feel free to over-complicate the X8 build. Most people here do.

ian[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, Ian.....
do not over-complicate
use KISS philosophy
the only force to contrast is centrifugal force during a fast tonneau..... when? almost never ;-)
the only place to reinforce is the tip of longer cf tube (during some Gs pull-up), as there is a thin thickness of EPO (I use a small wood plate glued)
I will post some pics
many thanks to everybody who sharing their work

peppe
peppe_i8uza is offline Find More Posts by peppe_i8uza
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:57 AM
Italy Genoa
Joined Nov 2008
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post
Are you launching with any auto pilot assistance??

I have my CG set 5mm behind the long finger holes but I launch at about 2/3 throttle using a scorp 3228 1100 on 4s and 9x6. I am not 100% certain of kv.

My build is light. Only a single 4s 4000 or 5000 mah for motor and servos and 2200 mah 3s to drive the VTX. It carries FY ap 21 and FY 117 ap OSD and a FPV cam to carry. No extra weight or reinforcement other than CF tongue at wing joiner and fiber tape on LE of wings.

I hold the model by the finger grips and balance the nose with the left hand which also holds my TX.

One step and a shove into the wind and off it goes. After many many launches only one failure when I did not take location altitude into consideration.

I launch with auto pilot "on" and in stable flight mode.
i do the same my x8 is light just a 4000 4s that's it.
hold with my left hand(and i am left hand) i'll try again with a catapult
AlexF is offline Find More Posts by AlexF
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:00 AM
Italy Genoa
Joined Nov 2008
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Yes, I seem to recall this now. Didn't respondents conclude that this was not a good way to launch the X8? Your 2M is a more conventional airplane and the motor is in the front, right? The X8 is a large wing with a pusher prop. Launching is best done with full or near full power with a slightly above level trajectory.
i will try again with a catapulte 3/4 gas open
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:11 AM
Russian Federation, Nizhegorodskaya oblast, Nizhny Novgorod
Joined Feb 2012
31 Posts
The summer comes to an end, last warm days stand.
Х8 продолжает bring joy.
Success to you!
ЛК Х8полет (3 min 38 sec)
nedz is offline Find More Posts by nedz
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:14 AM
Beating air into submission!
Joined Aug 2011
1,855 Posts
Summer is about to start here in Australia so come on over!
GrahamWilson is offline Find More Posts by GrahamWilson
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:09 AM
If it flies.....I can crash it
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedz View Post
The summer comes to an end, last warm days stand.
Х8 продолжает bring joy.
Success to you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X36JPDNRJiw
LAUNCH......TREES.......BANK.......New trousers please.
blackbrabus is online now Find More Posts by blackbrabus
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:44 AM
Italy Genoa
Joined Nov 2008
21 Posts
guys i found what was the problem, i putted the cg on the "mouth" not the end of the eyes.......
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:56 AM
Aalesund, Norway
Joined Jun 2012
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexF View Post
guys i found what was the problem, i putted the cg on the "mouth" not the end of the eyes.......
Ha ha no wonder it stalled on launch !
I think you will find that it climbs out beautifully when you have corrected the CG
Flew mine yesterday. I think it has to be the most gentle airplane I have ever flown.

BTW: Does anybody know of a servo that will have 180 deg movement. I have a servo on my cam and use the available rudder channel. But the regular movement made it a little disappointing.
daggad is offline Find More Posts by daggad
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:25 AM
failure is not an option
Joined Jul 2012
17 Posts
[QUOTE
BTW: Does anybody know of a servo that will have 180 deg movement. I have a servo on my cam and use the available rudder channel. But the regular movement made it a little disappointing.[/QUOTE]

just 180 or more?
foxtechfpv.com have even 260....
I'm using winch-servo for sailboat 4time 360 from HK

peppe
peppe_i8uza is offline Find More Posts by peppe_i8uza
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:05 AM
Aalesund, Norway
Joined Jun 2012
458 Posts
Thanks Peppe, the MD260 seems fine. I have ordered one to try out !
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:09 AM
Aalesund, Norway
Joined Jun 2012
458 Posts
Nice video Nedz !
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:05 AM
Joined Aug 2012
83 Posts
Thinking about wrapping my wing with Fibergrass and epoxy resin and having my friend doing a airbrush job on it. Has anyone done epoxy resin on a X8 yet? How did it go?
frviana is offline Find More Posts by frviana
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:25 AM
Aalesund, Norway
Joined Jun 2012
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frviana View Post
Thinking about wrapping my wing with Fibergrass and epoxy resin and having my friend doing a airbrush job on it. Has anyone done epoxy resin on a X8 yet? How did it go?
A lot of people have done that, but I don`t quite see the point. The X8 is a light an docile bus in the air, that can float for a LONG time. The fiberglass will make it heavy and use more amps shortening flight times and distances. For looks it might be nice, but if (when..) the accident happens it will complicate the rebuild if it is glassed.