SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:58 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
OzparkPilot's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw459205 View Post
Hello,

Thought I'd share this...

I have fitted aluminium M3 threaded bushes into the base of my X8 as mounting points for equipment, batteries, etc.

The bushes are set into ply plates with epoxy, then these have been secured to the foam with UHU por contact adhesive.

I fell it adds a bit of strength to the lower fuse, and anything screwed into these isn't going anywhere!

Ben
Thats looks neat and clean. Does the X8 come with the Laser cut wood as in the picture ? Mine is still ons its long range flight ( shipping ) to me...
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2012, 01:19 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
OzparkPilot's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
X8 arrived just now - The box looks like the Olympic boxing team have been using it for training but the 8 looks scratch free ! The even remembered to include my folding CF prop !Now on to the build... looks pretty easy and quick.

Quick question, anyone flying one with a dragon link as I'm keen to see how your routed the aerial please.
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2012, 02:23 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
OzparkPilot's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
X8 arrived !

Btw.. I think this may just be a very cool add on for the X8... http://www.eagletreesystems.com/guardian/index.htm
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Last edited by OzparkPilot; Jul 24, 2012 at 03:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2012, 05:10 AM
failure is not an option
Joined Jul 2012
17 Posts
My X8 is just arrived
any info about retracting gear and laminating?
standard power combo (for starting, of course.... ;-))
peppe_i8uza is offline Find More Posts by peppe_i8uza
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2012, 01:34 PM
Registered User
UK, Hertfordshire, Hitchin
Joined Aug 2007
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forced View Post
Thats looks neat and clean. Does the X8 come with the Laser cut wood as in the picture ? Mine is still ons its long range flight ( shipping ) to me...
No the ply plates are not included in the kit. I cut those myself. I can post the templates if you want to use them.
Ben Cook is offline Find More Posts by Ben Cook
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2012, 05:43 PM
Registered User
UK, Hertfordshire, Hitchin
Joined Aug 2007
82 Posts
I'm putting this EMAX BL2820/07 (919kV) on mine, with a 13x7" prop. I tested it to 470 watts peak on 3S with this set-up. Should be more than adequate for 3kg AUW. As you can see, I've mounted it on anti-vibration mounts and can confirm it runs pretty quiet out of airframe.
Ben Cook is offline Find More Posts by Ben Cook
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:17 AM
Registered User
BushmanLA's Avatar
Joined Dec 2005
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw459205 View Post
I'm putting this EMAX BL2820/07 (919kV) on mine, with a 13x7" prop. I tested it to 470 watts peak on 3S with this set-up. Should be more than adequate for 3kg AUW. As you can see, I've mounted it on anti-vibration mounts and can confirm it runs pretty quiet out of airframe.
Where did you get those mounts? I need something like that to get my prop outside of the recessed area.
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:23 AM
Registered User
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Feb 2012
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA View Post
Where did you get those mounts? I need something like that to get my prop outside of the recessed area.

http://mikrokopter.altigator.com/dampening-c-58.html

http://www.quadrocopter.com/Vibratio...M3x8_p_42.html

http://www.coolmodels.gr/m3x8-vibrat...ge=en&pID=1566

http://www.elpac.de/products.php?cat...atic=0&lang=en
jet72 is offline Find More Posts by jet72
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:24 AM
Registered User
latin105fm's Avatar
London, UK
Joined Jan 2009
465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw459205 View Post
I'm putting this EMAX BL2820/07 (919kV) on mine, with a 13x7" prop. I tested it to 470 watts peak on 3S with this set-up. Should be more than adequate for 3kg AUW. As you can see, I've mounted it on anti-vibration mounts and can confirm it runs pretty quiet out of airframe.
Hi there. Where did you get the anti- vibration mounts?
latin105fm is offline Find More Posts by latin105fm
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:46 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2007
103 Posts
Templates

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw459205 View Post
Hello,

Thought I'd share this...

I have fitted aluminium M3 threaded bushes into the base of my X8 as mounting points for equipment, batteries, etc.

The bushes are set into ply plates with epoxy, then these have been secured to the foam with UHU por contact adhesive.

I fell it adds a bit of strength to the lower fuse, and anything screwed into these isn't going anywhere!

Ben
Ben:

Would you be willing to share your cutting templates for the plywood boards??

Thanks
Felipe
Flying Tivo is offline Find More Posts by Flying Tivo
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:06 PM
Registered User
Greece, Attica, Piraeus
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
Here is a nice video.
Unfortunately the battery moved during opening (i was in a hurry and i used double sided tape)
and CG changed giving rise to oscillations.
It is good to know this however because the two previous openings were flawless
Of course the descent rate was low enough so no damage is done.
I wasn't able to film launching which is perfect every time because i can't launch and take video at the same time.
x8 parachute (1 min 14 sec)

SDC10910 (0 min 16 sec)

Chris
hendrix is offline Find More Posts by hendrix
Last edited by hendrix; Jul 25, 2012 at 02:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:23 PM
Registered User
UK, Hertfordshire, Hitchin
Joined Aug 2007
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
Here is a nice video.
Unfortunately the battery moved during opening (i was in a hurry and i used double sided tape)
and CG changed giving rise to oscillations.
It is good to know this however because the two previous openings were flawless
Of course the descent rate was low enough so no damage is done.
I wasn't able to film launching which is perfect every time because i can't launch and take video at the same time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WyNx...ature=youtu.be
Chris
That is excellent- WELL DONE!
Did you make the parachute?
Ben Cook is offline Find More Posts by Ben Cook
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:29 PM
Registered User
Greece, Attica, Piraeus
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Did you make the parachute?
It is a custom order from spherachutes, light fabric, thin lines, size 120 inch.
If you keep the plane under 3 - 3.5 Kg the 80 or 100 inch might be as good or more appropriate i would say.
Chris
hendrix is offline Find More Posts by hendrix
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:32 PM
Registered User
UK, Hertfordshire, Hitchin
Joined Aug 2007
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by latin105fm View Post
Hi there. Where did you get the anti- vibration mounts?
I see you're in the UK too. I bought these from Maplins:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/anti-vibrati...r-mounts-43552

I coupled them with generic M3 PCB stand-offs to get a bit more 'reach' out of the fuse. It also means I can glue the bulkhead into the airframe without worrying about the screws on the inside of the bulkhead (that is to say that they will be buried). I can unscrew the anti-vibe mounts from the stand-offs without too much disruption to the installation.
Ben Cook is offline Find More Posts by Ben Cook
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:04 PM
RC pilot by soul
Israel
Joined Apr 2005
2,530 Posts
Guys,

Where is the best place to get a WHITE EPO X8 with intl. shipping ?

i want white so i could plant some night flying LEDs inside the wing..
i3dm is offline Find More Posts by i3dm
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product X8---new 2.4GHz Radio System ASSAN Radios 5713 Nov 23, 2014 11:21 AM
For Sale Assan 2.4 ghz X8 6ch receiver Brand New Scooter33 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 2 Oct 12, 2011 10:34 AM
Discussion Any info regarding this x8 setup?Better than coax x8? sjak Multirotor Talk 11 Aug 14, 2011 09:33 AM
Sold New Assan Module X8 2.4 for JR Tx norstaroption Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 6 Nov 21, 2009 06:42 AM
Sold New - 4 (Four) ASSAN X8 R6 6Ch 2.4GHz Receivers - $105 EyeFlyPlanes Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Oct 20, 2008 03:39 AM