Old May 15, 2012, 07:39 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote64 View Post
$99 shipping !!!!

Someones been smoking some heavy gear when Bevrc are only $35 to UK lol
As these nice guys on this thread told me ...... BEV is free shipping if you buy a bucks worth of something to take it over $200.00.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old May 15, 2012, 07:56 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
As these nice guys on this thread told me ...... BEV is free shipping if you buy a bucks worth of something to take it over $200.00.
Ya, but they don't want to order from Bev. Guess that $100 in shipping buys a lot of extra service.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Daemon; May 15, 2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old May 15, 2012, 08:00 PM
australia
Joined Apr 2009
470 Posts
never had a problem with bev,well just 1 but it was resolved quickly.
Jamie
jamied is offline Find More Posts by jamied
Old May 15, 2012, 08:09 PM
LKJ
Lars k Jensen
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Tostrup
Joined Apr 2006
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrogg View Post
I tried to order one , they wany $99 to ship it , Its not that cool.
FPVflying.com is not the bad one here, its is the post company who charge crazy heavy bills for posting in our country, as a private person i payed 50$+ just for returning a M.I.G tracker in a bubble envolute from DK to Spain.
Lars.
LKJ is online now Find More Posts by LKJ
Old May 15, 2012, 10:49 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Ya, but they don't want to order from Bev. Guess that $100 in shipping buys a lot of extra service.

ian
I wasn't talking about "they". I was addressing Coyote64, to tell him he doesn't even have to pay $35.00 to UK if he buys enough.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old May 16, 2012, 06:49 AM
Philippines, CALABARZON, San Pedro
Joined Mar 2012
42 Posts
sir is this a laminated version or just the black epo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post

Will be ready within a few days! Me like a lot.
newbinquad.ph is offline Find More Posts by newbinquad.ph
Last edited by newbinquad.ph; May 16, 2012 at 06:50 AM. Reason: typo error
Old May 16, 2012, 07:40 AM
Joined Dec 2005
1,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idletime View Post
While on the topic of glue, how does that 5 min epoxy compare to gorilla / CA / UHU??

I might as well ask and complete my working knowledge of all the glues
I never use 5 min epoxy on foam.

Now what I would really like to find is a good form of spray paint that sticks to foam and doesn't take 3 days to dry
BushmanLA is online now Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Old May 16, 2012, 08:11 AM
Do I know you?
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Feb 2012
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
The shaft can successfully turn around on these motors without the use of the circlip. Just tap it through with a small hammer and a flat end punch or similar.

I turned mine around and left just enough at the base end of the motor to attach the collet that comes with the motor.
Thanks I'll give that a try!
FlyBoyMarcus is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyMarcus
Old May 16, 2012, 10:17 AM
Sorry-I am from Denmark !!
Danmark, Lolland, Søllested
Joined Nov 2010
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA View Post
I never use 5 min epoxy on foam.

Now what I would really like to find is a good form of spray paint that sticks to foam and doesn't take 3 days to dry
Use 2k car paint, i did that-But i also paint cars for a living
Niels Erik is offline Find More Posts by Niels Erik
Old May 16, 2012, 03:47 PM
United Kingdom, England, Cumb
Joined Sep 2011
62 Posts
She is all ready to go as soon as the wind dies down.

Eflite Power 32
85 Amp ESC
2 x 4s 4000mha Lipos
11 x 7 foldable Prop

Cameras etc will be fitted once maidend

Watt meter readings

1072 watts
65 Amps
On max power

The black areas are Duck Tape!

Weight 6.3 lbs or 2.75 kgs
ojala1 is offline Find More Posts by ojala1
Old May 16, 2012, 05:33 PM
oxford uk
Joined Aug 2010
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels Erik View Post
Wheel and kamera box om my X8
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post

As for as the folding props folding the wrong way, this is also a non-issue. I have a Fox Glider that has a folding prop on the front and when not spinning, the prop will fold forward almost to the point that the 2 blades come very close to each other. When spinning, centrifugal force keeps the blades separated at their optimal performance orientation. On a pusher like the X8, the prop will very unlikely fold forward during flight. During a tail slide, maybe, but even if you get into this situation, a small amount of power will swing those blades back out to the sides. I don't think people should lose any sleep over this one.

please loose lots of sleep over this issue!!!

And NEVER run a pusher folding prop without a method for preventing the tips coming together....

Because they WILL, EVENTUALLY touch, but off to one side... be hideously out of balance and rip the motor off the plane, twisting and shorting wires on the way... if your lucky you will loose the motor and have to glide to a bail, if you are unlucky you will short wires and set fire to things....

Sorry to disagree and hope you dont take offence but IT WILL happen (not to me, but to someone I gave the advice to who knew better.... )

Paul

p.s. sorry no update on my overbuilt monster... health returned and I have been working my butt off for 3 weeks... mind you we have a big FPV meet here in the UK in a couple of weeks and I would love to have it flying for then...
yogz is offline Find More Posts by yogz
Old May 16, 2012, 06:08 PM
Joined Jul 2010
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojala1 View Post
She is all ready to go as soon as the wind dies down.

Eflite Power 32
85 Amp ESC
2 x 4s 4000mha Lipos
11 x 7 foldable Prop

Cameras etc will be fitted once maidend

Watt meter readings

1072 watts
65 Amps
On max power

The black areas are Duck Tape!

Weight 6.3 lbs or 2.75 kgs
Good luck! And Tape the hell out of the nose!

Have a similar setup but little heavier (7lb) due to glassing... Rimfire 32 Castle Ice 50 Heli and a 13x6.5 APC prop, same 4s, I don't even use full power for take-off (about 85% with 5mph wind) but I do use a stabilized (Attopilot mode 3) hand toss, launches pretty easy. It cruises at 70km/hr drawing less than 5 amps. I have been logging Loiter circles with an Attopilot for hours getting the cruise speed and props down, still have a bit more tuning to go. It likes to fly fast and I will even say that its slow flight characteristics are not that good-not terrible but... best to keep it moving. It can eat up a lot of ground on landing as it floats and floats and floats and....
It might be my technique, but it seems to get into accelerated stalls pretty easy on turns to final as its being slowed down, I have to add a lot of back pressure coming out of the turn-causing the stall. I get the issue with my weight and cg at about 50 KM/hr in a turn. My throws are not that big-eyeballed at .5 inch up and .5 down-any lower and I cant fly in high wind. Mine waddles a bit, as if the winglets aren't big enough. My CG is at the aft finger holes.
bifilar is offline Find More Posts by bifilar
Old May 16, 2012, 06:12 PM
What goes up, must come down
United States, MI, Midland
Joined Sep 2009
704 Posts
Bifilar

Did you glass the whole thing? Or just the bottom how much weight did it add and what kind of FG did you use?

Crazy1
crazy1pilot is offline Find More Posts by crazy1pilot
Old May 16, 2012, 06:17 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,805 Posts
Im still trying to find a prop/hub setup to buy.

All this is new to me.

Shoulder size
Prop yoke size
Arm width
blah blah

Another question. do you need a stopper to keep the props from unfolding too far when they are pushing against the air, in our case, folding back towards the front of the airplane? Or is the centripetal force generally enough to keep them where they need to be?
BushmanLA is online now Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Last edited by BushmanLA; May 16, 2012 at 06:47 PM.