HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:56 PM
Post # 20 million
Joined Aug 2009
2,646 Posts
You guys could sell the fuselage on Ebay, as a cooler box.
Kev.au is offline Find More Posts by Kev.au
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2011, 01:10 PM
Post # 20 million
Joined Aug 2009
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfred View Post
lol this is SW thread reborn indeed.

Something very familiar about all this.
Kev.au is offline Find More Posts by Kev.au
Old Dec 17, 2011, 01:12 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev.au View Post
You guys could sell the fuselage on Ebay, as a cooler box.
OOooooh ! nasty !!!

the thing is EPS will be fine if you keep the plane light and don't land on a rocky surface. at worse it could be glassed, and the weight gain would be minimal. if I recall correctly EPS is lighter that EPO, so a glassed EPS will be just fine.
I would not class this as a disaster but it would mean more work for the new owners.
rcmonster99 is online now Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Dec 17, 2011, 02:23 PM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Mar 2001
4,260 Posts
yep glad I passed as well.
Why bother building a snow storm crash. Just wait till the right foam is available and do it right IN BLACK
mudlark is online now Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Dec 17, 2011, 02:33 PM
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
I know I opened the bag with bad news! and yes I could just let it wait until someone got his new X8!

Then I think we would have

Thats why...

But like so many others FPV projects.. Always late release and never what expected..

Summer 2012 we will have our X8...
Hooks is offline Find More Posts by Hooks
Old Dec 17, 2011, 02:36 PM
Didcot, UK, OX11
Joined Sep 2003
631 Posts
Hooks, where is your information coming from? It is causing a fair bit of dismantlement to several people a and I am sure they would like to know if it is credible.

As it stands I may cancel my pre-order; I haven't decided. For sure if the info is true it is a much less appealing purchase.

-Angelos
Angelos is offline Find More Posts by Angelos
Old Dec 17, 2011, 02:50 PM
DragonLINK UHF only!!!!
Joined Feb 2011
1,220 Posts
I cancelled my Pre_Order as well.....

its a crappy plane until the real one comes out this Spring/Summer.
I'll wait till you BEVrc sorts this thing out.....

p.s.
uuuugghhh, making customers wait 5-6 months until the real plane comes out
LexusFPV is offline Find More Posts by LexusFPV
Old Dec 17, 2011, 02:51 PM
Team Flying Pirates
Joined Nov 2011
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
Hooks, where is your information coming from? It is causing a fair bit of dismantlement to several people a and I am sure they would like to know if it is credible.

As it stands I may cancel my pre-order; I haven't decided. For sure if the info is true it is a much less appealing purchase.

-Angelos
i totally agree.
please hooks, tell us where did u get this information.
however i'm waiting a reply from bevrc.
_ELLIOT_ is offline Find More Posts by _ELLIOT_
Old Dec 17, 2011, 02:55 PM
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
Well I'm having this FPVflying.com with a CN partner and we often talk with Skywalker Factory. My CN partner had this information for some days and we decided to let the news come out before every one would turn there anger on Skywalker factory.

I think it's ok to have a test version made out of EPS, but not telling people before the bird is out on the street is just wrong. EPO materials is way more expensive than the EPS. Maybe it's a strategy to know the potential before making the bigger investment in EPO or maybe it's not possible to get the EPO material the next 3-4 month
I don't know.

Wait canceling your order before you here this information from second person.
Hooks is offline Find More Posts by Hooks
Old Dec 17, 2011, 03:05 PM
MK3
Aerial Loitering
Joined Sep 2011
432 Posts
I wouldn't jump the gun right away, as hooks said there needs to be confirmation from a 2nd source.

It would suck for people to cancel their orders only to find out those 50 pre-orders were indeed EPO

BEVRC.. can you comment?
MK3 is offline Find More Posts by MK3
Old Dec 17, 2011, 03:12 PM
Team Flying Pirates
Joined Nov 2011
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post
Well I'm having this FPVflying.com with a CN partner and we often talk with Skywalker Factory. My CN partner had this information for some days and we decided to let the news come out before every one would turn there anger on Skywalker factory.

I think it's ok to have a test version made out of EPS, but not telling people before the bird is out on the street is just wrong. EPO materials is way more expensive than the EPS. Maybe it's a strategy to know the potential before making the bigger investment in EPO or maybe it's not possible to get the EPO material the next 3-4 month
I don't know.

the strategy is ok, but the customer must be sure about the product.
the result is that most people has cancelled the order and in the future nobody can be sure about the material of the x8 because if this notice is right, the conclusion is that the seller is not clear.
.... or bevrc must assicure that all the x8 for market are epo made.
_ELLIOT_ is offline Find More Posts by _ELLIOT_
Old Dec 17, 2011, 03:17 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,573 Posts
Future "new releases" will have everyone that jumped on this bandwagon, gun shy...
galaxiex is online now Find More Posts by galaxiex
Old Dec 17, 2011, 03:22 PM
Flying Like Evil
France, Languedoc-Roussillon, Garons
Joined Oct 2010
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post

I don't know.

Great strategy HOOK ......While everyone cancel their order, X8 will be available on preorder again..
C team MOD is offline Find More Posts by C team MOD
Old Dec 17, 2011, 04:57 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
OOooooh ! nasty !!!

the thing is EPS will be fine if you keep the plane light and don't land on a rocky surface. at worse it could be glassed, and the weight gain would be minimal. if I recall correctly EPS is lighter that EPO, so a glassed EPS will be just fine.
I would not class this as a disaster but it would mean more work for the new owners.
No, not really. The first Skywalker was EPS, and that was a disaster.
Possible to do all the same mods to it, but then you go from a brittle foam crunchie
to a brittle composite crunchie. The EPS Skywalker is *so* easy to repair
with CA, while EPS doesn't play nice with CA at all.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2011, 04:09 AM
You can't take the sky from me
Slovakia, Bratislava Region, Bratislava
Joined Jun 2006
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEVRC View Post
There is no more EPO materias to manufacture more before the Chinese New Year(22th, Jan), and also, the long new year's holiday will delay the mass production too.
I will try to keep you updated although I have no much time to check the thread here always.
According to this I thought there *is* enough EPO for production of 50 X8s. This is why I'm waiting to confirmation about that EPS from BEVRC (no offense to Hooks, I'm really thankful for his warning!)...
Rastislavko is online now Find More Posts by Rastislavko