SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:21 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Banjofrog's Avatar
Australia, WA, Parkerville
Joined Sep 2011
1,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austang View Post
I maidened my Corsair this morning, She sure does want to pull left on rollout, she also wanted to climb all the time even with full down trim on just under half throttle, but I managed a full flaps landing and I still have my prop at the moment,
I will put up a bit of a vid later when it uploads.
Jeepers Glen another maiden, the wind must of stopped blowing and you sent it here, congrates again. Is that the North West Highway going past your flying oval.

Shaun.
Banjofrog is offline Find More Posts by Banjofrog
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2012, 02:08 AM
Been There, Crashed That!
Austang's Avatar
Australia, WA, Geraldton
Joined Jul 2011
577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjofrog View Post
Jeepers Glen another maiden, the wind must of stopped blowing and you sent it here, congrates again. Is that the North West Highway going past your flying oval.

Shaun.
Yeah its been a while since we had some good winds, and yeah ya spot on about the Highway, the oval is just around the corner so nice and handy.
Austang is offline Find More Posts by Austang
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:50 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Matt Halton's Avatar
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,909 Posts
Finally finally...mine will be here on Thursday..

I had to wait for a letter with a code on it, which you then have to go and pay on Parcelforce's website.
I was charged 'Import VAT' which amounted to 7.14, plus a 'handling fee'..called 'clearance fee'-basically for storing it whilst customs go about deciding what to charge..rip off!!!- that was an additional 13.50.

Anyway, Thursday is the day, can't wait to see it, and fingers x'd is intact.

Matt
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03, 2012, 06:08 AM
Never Trade Luck for Skill
MERLIN V16's Avatar
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jan 2005
12,903 Posts
I guess a bunch of us backordered the props. They came back into stock last night are now -11 already. Or maybe it's those Mustang guys LOL.
M
MERLIN V16 is offline Find More Posts by MERLIN V16
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03, 2012, 06:23 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Matt Halton's Avatar
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,909 Posts
Are these props rarer than than rocking horse dung?
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:01 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
LICobra's Avatar
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERLIN V16 View Post
I guess a bunch of us backordered the props. They came back into stock last night are now -11 already. Or maybe it's those Mustang guys LOL.
M
M....yeah...blame it on the Mustang guy's.......LOL......I learned my lesson with Hobbyking.....I sold the P-51 before I needed any spare parts, but I still got jammed by Hobbyking with the 70mm F-86 sabre as the electric retracts didn't work and after I sent it back there just ignoring the return....a real top notch company....that's what I get for buying CCC.
LICobra is online now Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03, 2012, 10:05 AM
Dont be divided from the truth
Dangaras's Avatar
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2010
3,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICobra View Post
M....yeah...blame it on the Mustang guy's.......LOL......I learned my lesson with Hobbyking.....I sold the P-51 before I needed any spare parts, but I still got jammed by Hobbyking with the 70mm F-86 sabre as the electric retracts didn't work and after I sent it back there just ignoring the return....a real top notch company....that's what I get for buying CCC.
mmmmm..ahhh hahahaha.. Looks like HK customer service strikes again!
Dangaras is online now Find More Posts by Dangaras
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03, 2012, 11:45 AM
Luck is my skill
queadlunnrau's Avatar
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,207 Posts
I was lucky and woke up to the email notification the prop was in stock. Crossing fingers the status reserved really means what it sounds like.

I haven't broken a prop yet, but from reading this thread seems it's really easy to do.

HK only allowed 2 proper per order, crasy they sold out that quick!
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03, 2012, 09:34 PM
I'm just a 2.5D Pilot
rickgode's Avatar
Fort Worth, TX
Joined Dec 2005
861 Posts
It will be well over a month before I will get to maiden her, but I've already cut out the flaps. It was much easier than I thought! I used a new x-acto blade and maybe cut 1/8 of an inch each pass.

I tried to make absolutely sure that I was cutting perpendicular to the foam and straight down. I won't need any Spackle or anything. In fact, it looks like they used hot glue hinges. I may do the same or use tape.

The flash washed out my cutting work, but my blade cut through this like a hot knife through butter! I just need to find the paint to match and this mod is much easier than I thought it would be.

Ricky
rickgode is online now Find More Posts by rickgode
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2012, 05:25 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2011
97 Posts
Hey Rick,

Nice job. I take it you didn't cut all of the way through as you mentioned the hot glue hinge. How do you plan to join the outer flap to the centre piece, then to the inboard flap piece?

Darren
013531 is offline Find More Posts by 013531
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2012, 06:17 AM
I'm just a 2.5D Pilot
rickgode's Avatar
Fort Worth, TX
Joined Dec 2005
861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 013531 View Post
Hey Rick,

Nice job. I take it you didn't cut all of the way through as you mentioned the hot glue hinge. How do you plan to join the outer flap to the centre piece, then to the inboard flap piece?

Darren
I don't know. I haven't decided yet.

Before I received the Corsair, I was almost positive I would a carbon rod glued through the inner piece and using a couple sleeves made out of a coffee stirrer sticks or something in the outboard and inboard flaps.

I still may go that way, but the flaps (and the entire plane) are much bigger than I thought, so I could just run a control rod from the servo to each individual flap?

I won't have any time this week or weekend to mess with it, but hopefully next week I will!

What receivers are people using in theirs? Satellite or no? Flight times with the 3S 2200mah battery flying conservatively?

Ricky
rickgode is online now Find More Posts by rickgode
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2012, 08:20 AM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Oct 2011
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgode View Post
I don't know. I haven't decided yet.

Before I received the Corsair, I was almost positive I would a carbon rod glued through the inner piece and using a couple sleeves made out of a coffee stirrer sticks or something in the outboard and inboard flaps.

I still may go that way, but the flaps (and the entire plane) are much bigger than I thought, so I could just run a control rod from the servo to each individual flap?

I won't have any time this week or weekend to mess with it, but hopefully next week I will!

What receivers are people using in theirs? Satellite or no? Flight times with the 3S 2200mah battery flying conservatively?

Ricky

I'm going to use a Spektrum 8 channel w/ a sat. I'll set up w/Dual ailerons with the other 2 empty channels for flaps and lights.
Pjuran is offline Find More Posts by Pjuran
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2012, 09:58 AM
Registered User
Strongbow's Avatar
Jacksonville, Fl.
Joined Jan 2010
981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgode View Post
I don't know. I haven't decided yet.

Before I received the Corsair, I was almost positive I would a carbon rod glued through the inner piece and using a couple sleeves made out of a coffee stirrer sticks or something in the outboard and inboard flaps.

I still may go that way, but the flaps (and the entire plane) are much bigger than I thought, so I could just run a control rod from the servo to each individual flap?

I won't have any time this week or weekend to mess with it, but hopefully next week I will!

What receivers are people using in theirs? Satellite or no? Flight times with the 3S 2200mah battery flying conservatively?

Ricky
I am using a Spektrum AR600 with a DSX6i rx. I fly on Turnigy 2200mha 40c batteries. I usually bring between 6 to 8 planes to the field with me and have all my prop planes set at six minute timer. After that time I am ready to fly something else. Bad case of attention deficiency. I have a Hobby Lobby 11" four blade prop with the pitch set at 10. Batteries come down still cool to the touch with around 3.8ish volts per cell. Most of my flight is done at around 60% throttle. I do this so the Parkzone guys done feel left out by passing them and leaving them in my prop wash.
Strongbow is offline Find More Posts by Strongbow
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2012, 03:06 PM
Never Trade Luck for Skill
MERLIN V16's Avatar
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jan 2005
12,903 Posts
Outward Ordinary Parcel

Print friendly version Print friendly version

Item Number: CP84994xxxxHK
Posting Date Drop-off Point Origin 16-Mar-2012
23-Mar-2012 Air Mail Centre (Counter Section) Hong Kong

Date # Location Delivery Status
23-Mar-2012 Hong Kong Item posted.
25-Mar-2012 Hong Kong Processed for departure.
At least the spare props will be here before the plane LOL.
MERLIN V16 is offline Find More Posts by MERLIN V16
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2012, 03:21 PM
Registered User
Aylesbury,UK
Joined Apr 2000
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
Finally finally...mine will be here on Thursday..

I had to wait for a letter with a code on it, which you then have to go and pay on Parcelforce's website.
I was charged 'Import VAT' which amounted to 7.14, plus a 'handling fee'..called 'clearance fee'-basically for storing it whilst customs go about deciding what to charge..rip off!!!- that was an additional 13.50.

Anyway, Thursday is the day, can't wait to see it, and fingers x'd is intact.

Matt
Been there done that, then they failed to deliver on the day (waited in all day) because the system didnt pass on that I had paid up. I would always try and avoid them if possible.
Sorry for going off topic!
Stuey is offline Find More Posts by Stuey
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Durafly 1100mm P-51D Mustang anj4de Electric Warbirds 4675 Oct 16, 2014 12:25 AM
Discussion Parkzone f4u corsair VS Airfield f4u corsair Hoopsta17_99 Electric Warbirds 54 Mar 16, 2012 08:11 PM
Discussion Comparison between FMS 1.4m Spitfire or Durafly HK 1.4 Spitire Fidy$Trainer Electric Warbirds 5 Jan 11, 2012 06:36 AM
Discussion HK 1100mm P-47 captjoey42 Electric Warbirds 2 Nov 04, 2011 11:43 AM
Question ME-109, Spitfire, F4U Corsair, F4U Corsair, or P-51D Mustang, best flyer??? zippiz GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 85 Dec 30, 2004 11:32 AM