HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:09 AM
Low'n Slow is safest, right?
Norge, Østfold, Fredrikstad
Joined Jun 2011
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth View Post
Of those that has already shipped i havn't received a tracking number yet but i do have this on order screen:

Order shipped direct to Airport from CN @Dec 16 2011 2:53PM

I have only made about 10 orders from overseas wharehouse and this is the first time i have seen this. Anyone else got this?
Got a similar one when I ordered a MX2 Dec 14. Delivered on my doorstep today here in Norway - must be the fastest delivery from HK ever, under 6 days from I hit the "BUY"-button until I had it in my hands. And that even includes customs clearence in these busy days!

Best regards from Norway,
Kai Wang-Erlandsen
KaiWE is offline Find More Posts by KaiWE
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:12 AM
csna182
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Jun 2004
217 Posts
can you post pics of the way it comes out of the box? we see the finished plane thanks art
csna182 is offline Find More Posts by csna182
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:21 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Australia, WA, Parkerville
Joined Sep 2011
1,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austang View Post
I took the plunge and ordered one of these beauty's today also.
Hey Austang how do you go with all the wind up there, just spent the weekend traveling from Port Denison to Kalbarri and back to Perth, the south wester was howling all day.

Shaun.
Banjofrog is offline Find More Posts by Banjofrog
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:01 AM
Been There, Crashed That!
Australia, WA, Geraldton
Joined Jul 2011
580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjofrog View Post
Hey Austang how do you go with all the wind up there, just spent the weekend traveling from Port Denison to Kalbarri and back to Perth, the south wester was howling all day.

Shaun.
Ive got a few planes awaiting a maiden, we aren't the windsurfing capital of Australia for nothing hehe, it has been blowin a gale here for weeks, it can get very demoralizing this time of year but it will soon die down and our winters are very good.
Austang is online now Find More Posts by Austang
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:32 AM
United States, MS
Joined Jul 2010
260 Posts
KaiWE did you ever receive a tracking number with it? I still havnt. all i get is this:

Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.

Still nothing as of a few minutes ago. It's not like im expecting it no time soon, just odd they show it as shipped and the EMS number still isn't showing as a good number. Thanks for your reply....Robbie
Downsouth is offline Find More Posts by Downsouth
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:43 PM
Foam Flyer
Wakulla County, FL
Joined Oct 2009
126 Posts
I wonder how hard it will be to cut out a split flap and attach it to the installed flap servo. I was thinking about getting the PKZ one and moding it. Once some people receive theirs and identify shortcomings I will have to consider this one. It looks so much sharper than the PKZ one (IMHO). Can't wait to hear the reports from those who went all in.
FalseHope is offline Find More Posts by FalseHope
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:02 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,717 Posts
Its typical of the bait and switch............. They want to grab all the orders and money and deal with shipping later because "you" the customer has no control over "that". Its a typical of many international "practices".

Another "practice" is to hype up anticipation on up and comming product when they know that its going to be LONGER than specified arrival. Its basically a big "lie" just to make the sale and to deal with shipping later.

Its frustrating to see all the obvious operations sometimes. <:O(
Kev71H is online now Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:20 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,717 Posts
My appologies if the above seems offensive to anyone. I'm just stating facts. I'm not singling out BANANA HOBBY or NITROPLANES or H O B B Y K I N G .
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:21 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseHope View Post
I wonder how hard it will be to cut out a split flap and attach it to the installed flap servo. I was thinking about getting the PKZ one and moding it. Once some people receive theirs and identify shortcomings I will have to consider this one. It looks so much sharper than the PKZ one (IMHO). Can't wait to hear the reports from those who went all in.
I agree.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:26 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,507 Posts
If I get this plane I will do the flaps . I will cut them out , link them with a slotted hinge and one scale looking wire link and they will activate from the original servo
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Dec 20, 2011, 03:29 PM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
Joined Mar 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
Its typical of the bait and switch............. . <:O(
Its not bait and switch if they are not swapping for a diifferent product.
rooni79 is offline Find More Posts by rooni79
Last edited by rooni79; Dec 20, 2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Ipad spelling!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 03:37 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooni79 View Post
Its not bait and switch if they are not swapping fornandifferent product.

Not sure what your saying exactly?

Bait and switch:
The "bait" is saying...."this is what you asked for in Model:XXXXX and its coming Date:XXXXX" or "in stock...shipping Date:xxxxx".. "PRE-ORDER NOW!"

The switch:..."Sorry not instock yet... or PUSHED OUT until late xxxxx".... or "your order will ship soon"...then weeks later..still no shipments

C'mon we all know what I am saying. We just have to keep giving bad feedback until it gets "better".
Old Dec 20, 2011, 03:54 PM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
Joined Mar 2011
230 Posts
I know what you're trying to say, but you are incorrect in saying that this is bait and switch (a pretty serious allegation to make by the way.....)
For this to be bait and switch, the switch would need to be HK saying "product x is out of stock at the moment, but product y IS in stock and is only $20 more"
The way I see it you are after 5 star service & cheap planes that fly extremely well, and you are going to whine and whine until you get what you want. I'm not sure that you can have your cake and eat it too, but I will happy to be proved wrong.
rooni79 is offline Find More Posts by rooni79
Old Dec 20, 2011, 04:03 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooni79 View Post
I know what you're trying to say, but you are incorrect in saying that this is bait and switch (a pretty serious allegation to make by the way.....)
For this to be bait and switch, the switch would need to be HK saying "product x is out of stock at the moment, but product y IS in stock and is only $20 more"
The way I see it you are after 5 star service & cheap planes that fly extremely well, and you are going to whine and whine until you get what you want. I'm not sure that you can have your cake and eat it too, but I will happy to be proved wrong.
Well, you can take it easy on the "pretty serioius allegation" suggestion.

Baiting someone with "coming soon" and "ships Date:XXXX" ....also "This is what you flyers asked for" or similar inspires ones to buy.

Also, I know "coming soon" is all perspective, but we all know Soooooooooo many have waited...both AFTER PURCHASE...or BEFORE PURCHASE on empty promises. Or UNTRUTH.

You make the call. I'm just sayin. <:O) Also, just pointing out the obvious.

Its all good, I just feel sorry for soooo many including myself with dissapointments.

I know so many also get tired of videos promising such a good product when SOOOO many of us have to change out the servos MINIMAL in order not to DRILL INTO THE GROUND WITHIN THE FIRST 3 FLIGHTS!!!!!!

Ya.......so many have been burned that way too. Just sayin.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 04:05 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,717 Posts
That being said, I want one of these Corsairs!!! Selling my Park Zone corsair.