HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2012, 02:16 PM
Cape Coral, Fl
Joined Jan 2010
1,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbinefancy View Post
+1. Looks like a real one in flight! Very envious of the putting green smooth grass.
Since you mentioned putting greens .
Hink64 is offline Find More Posts by Hink64
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2012, 02:19 PM
Cape Coral, Fl
Joined Jan 2010
1,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhondra View Post
Can you tell if the LED's are connected straight up to the flight battery or off the 5V BEC supply? My LED's are horrid dim from 5V, typically. Might be really careful putting 4S on these planes if the LED's are connected straight to the pack supply. That is how my PZ T28 is setup, since the 5V BEC on the Rx wasn't enough to even make the green/white ones barely glow.
There are four LED wires that have a four way quad connector that plugs into the battery port of the RX - real surprised how bright they were. When the sun gets low I'll post those flight pics so you all can see.

Hink
Old Jan 08, 2012, 02:26 PM
USA, VA, Fort Belvoir
Joined Jun 2008
430 Posts
Take a look at the picture I posted. #63 has the lights on.
wblacker is offline Find More Posts by wblacker
Old Jan 08, 2012, 03:35 PM
Jacksonville, Fl.
Joined Jan 2010
981 Posts
My corsair has finally made it to the U.S. Twentyfour days from payment to customs in NYC. On average it takes four to seven days for them to figure out it is not a thermal nuclear device. At least three to four days transit to Florida. With weekends in the way in will probably be close to another two weeks to my doorstep. UHG!
Strongbow is offline Find More Posts by Strongbow
Old Jan 08, 2012, 03:52 PM
I try to Fly
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Reggio nell'Emilia
Joined Dec 2011
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
My corsair has finally made it to the U.S. Twentyfour days from payment to customs in NYC. On average it takes four to seven days for them to figure out it is not a thermal nuclear device. At least three to four days transit to Florida. With weekends in the way in will probably be close to another two weeks to my doorstep. UHG!
I thought only Italian customs give problems ... but I was wrong
compa71 is offline Find More Posts by compa71
Old Jan 08, 2012, 04:09 PM
KF7JBN
United States, ID, Nampa
Joined Nov 2008
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hink64 View Post
There are four LED wires that have a four way quad connector that plugs into the battery port of the RX - real surprised how bright they were. When the sun gets low I'll post those flight pics so you all can see.

Hink
So, 5v then...hum...interesting. The HK LED's I got to put on the T28 were super dim at 5v, and they handle 12v fine...nice and bright, even if they have a servo plug that makes me think they SHOULD have worked with the BEC/Rx. They only draw around 5mA at 5v for 6 LED's...5x that at 12v.
Jhondra is offline Find More Posts by Jhondra
Old Jan 08, 2012, 05:12 PM
Cape Coral, Fl
Joined Jan 2010
1,230 Posts
Evening flight

I did not have the camera set correctly so the pics are a little blurred - but in reality very easy to see - if the LEDs flashed they could have been mistaken for some mini brownings.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 05:54 PM
KF7JBN
United States, ID, Nampa
Joined Nov 2008
845 Posts
Quote:
I did not have the camera set correctly so the pics are a little blurred - but in reality very easy to see - if the LEDs flashed they could have been mistaken for some mini brownings.
ohhhh...I like those. I have a pair of single white LED's too, that I may just pop in (unless those are in by default??? Thought they just had some in the wing tips).
Jhondra is offline Find More Posts by Jhondra
Old Jan 08, 2012, 06:28 PM
United States, IL, Libertyville
Joined Jan 2011
123 Posts
Just ordered one. Been watching what everyone has been saying. Have a mpx fun cub and PZ T-28. Was contemplating the PZ Corsair but this has too many features to pass on. Looking forward to getting it.
daver22 is offline Find More Posts by daver22
Old Jan 08, 2012, 06:35 PM
Flyer, not a builder ;)
United States, NC, Harnett County
Joined Feb 2007
208 Posts
Saw this plane at the AMA Convention yesterday.. Looks great!
VKGT is offline Find More Posts by VKGT
Old Jan 08, 2012, 06:50 PM
United States, DE, Dover
Joined Oct 2011
369 Posts
Quote:
such a dark plane in the pictures.... seems the lights are a must!!!
Smoothcruizer3 is offline Find More Posts by Smoothcruizer3
Old Jan 08, 2012, 07:06 PM
Cape Coral, Fl
Joined Jan 2010
1,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhondra View Post
ohhhh...I like those. I have a pair of single white LED's too, that I may just pop in (unless those are in by default??? Thought they just had some in the wing tips).
All four lights are standard equipment.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 08:03 PM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wblacker View Post
Here is a short video. I asked a walker who comes all the time if they would help me out. Also, sorry about the music, but its better than listening to us banter back and forth. Youtube has a bunch of music to use....
Thanks for the video. I enjoyed watching it.
Nice touch and go.
miketre is online now Find More Posts by miketre
Old Jan 08, 2012, 08:21 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VKGT View Post
Saw this plane at the AMA Convention yesterday.. Looks great!
Which vendor had it on display? I did not think there were any vendors other than HK selling it. And they were definitely not in attendance.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Vaterra Ford Raptor with AVC
Old Jan 08, 2012, 09:13 PM
Joined Dec 2003
360 Posts
[QUOTE=Jhondra;20358095]That is a GREAT looking plane. Can't wait for my combo P51 and F4U order to get here...it is taking forever at the wharehouse...grin. 8 days since I ordered...and still not shipped out.QUOTE]

Don't worry my combo was ordered on 12/20/11 and the are still sitting in hong kong. I guess they'll get hear when they do.... Hope your luckier than me so far...
Hawker007 is offline Find More Posts by Hawker007