3,343 Posts
Is there a wing spar?
ryramZ is online now Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2012, 08:36 PM
USA, VA, Fort Belvoir
Joined Jun 2008
432 Posts
We're getting closer! Maybe later this week! Looking forward to getting this in the air!

Priority Mail International Parcels
Inbound Into Customs
International Parcels

Processed Through Sort Facility
January 03, 2012, 3:35 pm
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Processed Through Sort Facility
January 01, 2012, 10:30 am
HONG KONG, HONG KONG

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Acceptance
December 22, 2011, 4:04 pm
HONG KONG
wblacker is offline Find More Posts by wblacker
Old Jan 04, 2012, 02:40 AM
Australia, QLD, Oxenford
Joined Oct 2010
2,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ View Post
Is there a wing spar?
Mine just arrived. Won't be able to put it together for a week or so, so if any one would like any photos of anything just ask.
ryram: No spar and here is a couple of photos of the horizontal for you.

BTW does anybody know if the LG on the full size deploy and retract at the same time. If not i will put a delay on one of mine like I have for my PZ spit.
Thanks for the help...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ View Post
how does the tail attach? is there a spar type joiner, or is it just glue?
taz101 is online now Find More Posts by taz101
Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:31 AM
Never Trade Luck for Skill
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jan 2005
12,903 Posts
Taz
On the real Corsairs I've seen them either go up at the same time or one trails a bit. It depends on the particular Plane. I was about to do a slow down on my PZ Spit when I noticed one of my retracts is slightly slower than the other anyway. 2nd Pr of E-flites and they both do it.
I've read that a slowdown should not be used on Elec retracts but you are doing it with no ill effect.
MERLIN
MERLIN V16 is offline Find More Posts by MERLIN V16
Old Jan 05, 2012, 12:09 PM
Jacksonville, Fl.
Joined Jan 2010
981 Posts
Man! I paid for this thing on the 15th of Dec. It took 9 days before it shipped and it still has not even reached the States. 21 days and no plane. I am climbing the walls. I reinerate, I will not order from Hobby Kings Hong Kong warehouse again. If I cant get what I want in the U.S. warehouse I will just do without. I know they are a big outfit and it was ordered at a busy time. But it seems they are more satisfied with getting my money than they are at trying to be quick and efficient. Of all the places I order from the Hong Kong warehouse with this company is the worst when it comes to shipping things out in a timely manner. This especially frustrating because I am at the moment Corsair-less.
Strongbow is offline Find More Posts by Strongbow
Old Jan 05, 2012, 12:30 PM
Winnipeg, Canada
Joined Apr 2007
1,505 Posts
Received mine yesterday and after completing the inspection jumped right to that pilot - I had to fix that "oh God..." look in his face ))))) - Since I removed the cockpit I decided to completely re-paint the pilot with non-glossy colors so it looks more realistic. I then re-attached the cockpit and moved to the radiator, did some paiting there, opened the guns and painted the arrestor hook. Other than that - there is not much more to do to the kit, it is very impressive in terms of features and details. I will do the full flaps after the maiden as I want to compare the fliying characteristics.

I am hoping they release an 1100mm Spit also with retracts, flaps, lights and multi blade prop.
E
earaoz is online now Find More Posts by earaoz
Old Jan 05, 2012, 12:53 PM
Never Trade Luck for Skill
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jan 2005
12,903 Posts
earaoz
I know what you mean. They blew the Flaps (but they are fixable) and decided to make a present day Airshow Plane instead of a WWII/Korean War Fighter Bomber. Again no real sweat to fix it. They could have done it right the first time. No matter The basic plane looks very good and should fly really well.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++
As far as ordering from HK. My B-17 just left Hong Kong airport Post Office where it sat for 10 days. Remember it was Christmas time when these plans were ordered and the back log there is very great.
Never say never. I've learned not too LOL.
I've also learned that even with the shipping I saved something like $150.00. enough to make me wait.
MERLIN
MERLIN V16 is offline Find More Posts by MERLIN V16
Old Jan 05, 2012, 06:17 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2 Posts
Hi everybody,
My corsair is almost here and I'm wondering which are the best batteries that I can fit into it to get both the right CoG and a respectable flight time.
What's your experience?
How long can you fly with the advised 2200mah lipo? Does it center well?
What's the size of the battery tray? Do you think it can fit a 2650/3000mah lipo?

Any useful info about this topic will be very appreciated.
Thank you very much!
slibriani is offline Find More Posts by slibriani
Old Jan 05, 2012, 07:06 PM
The land down under
Australia, NSW
Joined Jul 2010
568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slibriani View Post
Hi everybody,
My corsair is almost here and I'm wondering which are the best batteries that I can fit into it to get both the right CoG and a respectable flight time.
What's your experience?
How long can you fly with the advised 2200mah lipo? Does it center well?
What's the size of the battery tray? Do you think it can fit a 2650/3000mah lipo?

Any useful info about this topic will be very appreciated.
Thank you very much!
Any of the turnigy 3' 2200's will do including the Nanotech's this series is made for them & out of the two durafly 1100's (t28 & P47) I have, both are spot on cg wise etc.

7 Minutes should be a comfy flight time, 6 if you are always up in the 3/4 to full throttle range. I fly low & slow to low & fast, loops, rolls etc etc & average from 6-7 minutes flights.
simo71 is offline Find More Posts by simo71
Old Jan 06, 2012, 04:09 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,212 Posts
strongbow , I understand your frustration but you have to understand China .
Just relax , it typically can take 14 to 30 days depending on the time of year , customs and rounting .
The savings are worth it, but you have to order and forget it
Ldm is online now Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Jan 06, 2012, 05:52 AM
United States, DE, Dover
Joined Oct 2011
381 Posts
Patience is KEY! You got documentation of ordering it right? Dude you know these are going to be Hobbykings bread winner like the Parkzone T-28 at horizon and they still spit these things out
Smoothcruizer3 is offline Find More Posts by Smoothcruizer3
Old Jan 06, 2012, 07:02 AM
Jacksonville, Fl.
Joined Jan 2010
981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothcruizer3 View Post
Patience is KEY! You got documentation of ordering it right? Dude you know these are going to be Hobbykings bread winner like the Parkzone T-28 at horizon and they still spit these things out
Patience? Oh yeah, I've heard that word before. But the problem is, as my girlfriend has said many times, I have the patience of a gnat.
Strongbow is offline Find More Posts by Strongbow
Old Jan 06, 2012, 07:09 AM
Canada, NB, Fredericton
Joined Dec 2011
700 Posts
We put in a late night in the hanger. The chief mechanic is still sleeping.
It went together without a problem. The instructions could be more detailed. But all I had to do was look online at the video by HobbyKing and all of my setup questions were answered.
danpos is online now Find More Posts by danpos
Last edited by danpos; Dec 04, 2012 at 06:41 AM.