HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 06, 2012, 07:40 PM
Always a noob
Joined Jul 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangaras View Post
Rudder and tailwheel compensate on the ground but once you are off you use it to fly.
Yeah but do I need to compensate on the ground only? Or on the air too since that's where the spiral is happening?
irodrigo is offline Find More Posts by irodrigo
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2012, 07:53 PM
Joined Jun 2012
18 Posts
Corsair Build question regarding glue, clevis, ESC

Hi All,

1. Are you guys using the contact cement that came with the Corsair or CA glue for
assembly?

2. Anyone know the size of nylon clevis I should buy to replace cheap plastic ones that came with? I will likely just use Du-Bros from LHS.

3. Do you just let the ESC hang back toward tail from battery, or are you velcroing or putting somewhere specific in the fuse?

I have already replaced the wheels with Du-Bro 2.25" Ultra-lite Wheels, and am going to use the MAS 12x8 2-blade prop

Thanks, from previously Parkzone only flyer
Bucksterpup is offline Find More Posts by Bucksterpup
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:07 PM
Australia, VIC, Kilsyth
Joined Mar 2012
1,518 Posts
RE glue they really do. Get the bird rolling first and then smoothly increase throttle countering with the rudder to keep it straight. The faster you go on the ground the better and easier the take-off. DON'T pull up hard ease it off the ground when it wants to fly. You can't go too fast it's a warbird and speed = control. Once in the air you don't need the rudder to compensate. If you do you need to trim it so it flies straight and level. I had it flying great hands free so it can.
Griphin is online now Find More Posts by Griphin
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:23 PM
Always a noob
Joined Jul 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphin View Post
RE glue they really do. Get the bird rolling first and then smoothly increase throttle countering with the rudder to keep it straight. The faster you go on the ground the better and easier the take-off. DON'T pull up hard ease it off the ground when it wants to fly. You can't go too fast it's a warbird and speed = control. Once in the air you don't need the rudder to compensate. If you do you need to trim it so it flies straight and level. I had it flying great hands free so it can.
Thank you dear sir!
Old Aug 06, 2012, 11:34 PM
Always a noob
Joined Jul 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERLIN V16 View Post
If you don't know any better you would think (some newbies still do) the motor mount was bent. It has the most down and right I can remember on an RC Plane.
The Durafly is an easy one to add thrust or take it out of with washers. Besides fighting the climb and left turn problem the hole in the Cowl will be wrong.
MERLIN
Mine (pictured in prev. page) looks more like right and up than right and down... Am I wrong?

Also, what do you mean add or take out thrust with washers? How would one do that?
Last edited by irodrigo; Aug 07, 2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:47 AM
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Jan 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambit View Post
Also I managed to fix my lost retract rotating pin today. I replaced it with an old busted drill bit of the same diameter. Works like a charm
I had the same thing happen to me today but for the life of me cant figure out how to fix it. What holds the pin in place?
esoteradactyl is offline Find More Posts by esoteradactyl
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:17 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,393 Posts
Tension holds it in place. I made sure the drill bit I used was the same size as the hole it slots into so that when the metal split shaft is put back into it's plastic surround it clamps tight.
dambit is offline Find More Posts by dambit
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:56 AM
Joined Aug 2011
92 Posts
Irodrigo,

As the other guys have said, a longer run out helps build flow over the wings and control surfaces and stabilises the plane. Try for a nice scale take off and you'll do just fine. Just ease the throttle up, get ready with some right rudder then gently pull back.

Darren
013531 is offline Find More Posts by 013531
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:13 AM
Dont be divided from the truth
Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
3,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irodrigo View Post
Yeah but do I need to compensate on the ground only? Or on the air too since that's where the spiral is happening?
On the ground to keep it straight, then in the air your ailerons control the roll of the model much more effectively than the rudder.
Dangaras is offline Find More Posts by Dangaras
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:03 AM
Luck is my skill
On Earth
Joined Jun 2009
1,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucksterpup View Post
1. Are you guys using the contact cement that came with the Corsair or CA glue for
assembly?

2. Anyone know the size of nylon clevis I should buy to replace cheap plastic ones that came with? I will likely just use Du-Bros from LHS.

3. Do you just let the ESC hang back toward tail from battery, or are you velcroing or putting somewhere specific in the fuse?
1. I do use foam contact glue, but not the one that came with the Corsair, but I'm sure that's the same stuff as what they use in the factories for most foam planes. CA glue is tooo brittle, unless you use the flex type.

2. Not sure, but the stock ones seem to be holding good on my corsair, mine came with an extra one as well.

3. I let me ESC just hang around, am waiting for it to fail to replace it with a larger to run 4s, but it's still going strong!
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Aug 07, 2012, 12:50 PM
Joined Jun 2012
18 Posts
Thanks. I'll just use the stuff that came with I guess. Seems a bit more flexible than Ca.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:03 PM
Always a noob
Joined Jul 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 013531 View Post
Irodrigo,

As the other guys have said, a longer run out helps build flow over the wings and control surfaces and stabilises the plane. Try for a nice scale take off and you'll do just fine. Just ease the throttle up, get ready with some right rudder then gently pull back.

Darren

Quote:
On the ground to keep it straight, then in the air your ailerons control the roll of the model much more effectively than the rudder.
Thanks guys; I think I have a much better idea now. I'll give it a try once my parts are here! Or does anyone know what would happen if I were to fly with a very slightly bent propeller shaft?
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:46 PM
Dont be divided from the truth
Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
3,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irodrigo View Post
Thanks guys; I think I have a much better idea now. I'll give it a try once my parts are here! Or does anyone know what would happen if I were to fly with a very slightly bent propeller shaft?
Bad juju!
Dangaras is offline Find More Posts by Dangaras
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:50 PM
Always a noob
Joined Jul 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Bad juju!
LOL, I must say tho, it sounds pretty awesome! Like a very large loud prop.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:28 PM
Joined Jun 2012
18 Posts
At 100% Corsair throws seem a bit short

Background: Parkzone T-28 using Spektrum DX6i

Fly on high rates always 100% Aileron, Elev, and Rudder
Expo A-+30 Elev +30% Rudder - 0

New Corsair set to Ail- 100% + 30% Expo
Elev-100%+ 30 expo
Rudder 100% expo???
Flaps- level for flight
100% down for Landing

The amount of actual movement of the control surfaces doesn't even come close to the T-28. Is that because it's a low wing, and needs much less input?

Should I be flying on low rates for a while? Suggestions?

Flap servos continue to shudder after returned to normal. Should I replace?

Just want to make sure things are set correct before I maiden