SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 12, 2011, 08:59 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,244 Posts
Question
Power HD DSM-44 screw missing?

Does anybody else use these servos? I bought some to try out a while ago and now that I'm installing them in my almost-finished DLG I noticed that there is no screw to mount the arm to the servo with. There are three screws in the package: 2 wood screws that don't fit and 1 very small screw that doesn't seem to fit anything. Has anybody else had this problem?

Brandon
bwill6 is offline Find More Posts by bwill6
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2011, 05:58 AM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,044 Posts
Hi Brandon
The two wood screws are to mount your servo in the DLG.
There is a hole in the flange at both ends of the servo.
The little screw holds the horn on the servo.
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:32 PM
Joined Jun 2011
3,244 Posts
That's what I had figured, but it didn't fit. Well, after fiddling with it this morning I discoverd that the screw from one package fits just fine, but the other (the one I'd been trying to use last night) is actually a hair smaller. It seems to be a simple matter of poor tolerances on their screws. I think I got the smaller screw to have a decent hold on one of the servos now. I may back it out and put in some locktite though. Don't want that bugger getting loose on me!

Brandon
Old Dec 13, 2011, 09:28 PM
Postcards From The Purple Edge
United States, OK, Sand Springs
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
I got a batch of 5 that were all like that. The small screw for the arm was too small. At first I thought I had stripped it, but it was just the wrong size for the output spline. I had to peck around in my spare itty bitty screw bin to scrounge for replacements. It's just more of the typical poor QC we've come to expect from cheap servos.

kendall
tuppertn is offline Find More Posts by tuppertn
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:07 PM
Joined Jun 2011
3,244 Posts
Dang. I thought it had been tight but now it's working its way loose. And I already glued in the bloody servos. Well, I'll go searching for screws I guess