SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:09 AM
The Netherlands, NB, Hapert
Joined Apr 2002
1,284 Posts
Discussion
TURNIGY Rx switch

OK so Im no genius, but figured out how to wiire this switch up...it works...The problem is that I Y cabled it to my retracts channel and the LED landing lights come on when the gear is up.........OK i maybe missing something obvious here...please put me out of my misery..
Thanks in advance

Ray
Warbird@home is offline Find More Posts by Warbird@home
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2011, 03:36 AM
South Africa, KZN, Pietermaritzburg
Joined Aug 2011
24 Posts
Hi Warbird, if you could provide a drawing of how you wired it up, it will be easier to analize what the possible problem is. How were the landing lights normally operated before fitting the switch?
DrakensFlyer is offline Find More Posts by DrakensFlyer
Old Dec 14, 2011, 05:50 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,607 Posts
Just a guess. The retract servo probably needed that channel reversing, (servo reverse switch), to get the sequence you want. That put the Turnigy switch operating the wrong way round to how you wanted the retract Tx switch to work.

Or to put it another way, the Turnigy needed, (another guess), a positive signal to turn on, but the retract servo uses a positive signal to retract.

Third guess, you may need a servo reverse lead for either the switch or the retract.

I think the Turnigy servo speed controller would do that for you, plus you get control over the retract speed, BUT, only if you are using a standard servo not a dedicated retract one.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:10 AM
Joined Apr 2002
1,284 Posts
switch

Thanks for replying gentLemen.....I used just the standard wiring set up, an in-line extension to the + and - power cables between the battery and the ESC ...with a positive and negative wire tapped off these. The Positive goes to one of the + wires on the TURNIGY switch, The other positive from the TURNIGY switch goes to the LEDS and then the negative from the LEDS to the negative of the power cable extension. I used a Y cable for the switch with the retract channel on the Rx. All works fine....just that wrong way around...i.e I want the LEDS on when the gear deploys....not when they retract. They are electronic retracts BTW.

Sorry cannot put sketch up at the moment.

Ray
Old Dec 14, 2011, 03:09 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,607 Posts
Just had a look at the - Turnigy Receiver Controlled Switch - it show a 'click for the wiring diagram' link there.

It looks like there are 'jumper' connectors on one end, does it mention anything about reversing the function in the instructions ?

I still think it's as I wrote in my previous post.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 03:12 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,607 Posts
Just a thought.

Do you have a computer Tx with channel mixing, if so try the switch in an aux channel and mix throttle, (as master), with the aux, (as slave), and try reversing the aux channel.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 06:23 AM
Joined Apr 2002
1,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflightray View Post
Just a thought.

Do you have a computer Tx with channel mixing, if so try the switch in an aux channel and mix throttle, (as master), with the aux, (as slave), and try reversing the aux channel.

Hi eflight, tried that, but what I will try as soon as it arrives , is a servo signal reverser, only in the switch leg of the Y cable....we will see...

I think this unit is more an isolator than a switch...

thx again for the input

Ray
Old Dec 25, 2011, 04:48 AM
Joined Apr 2002
1,284 Posts
Finally fixed this....

I used one of these, Y cables to the flaps....works great now....flaps down...landing lights on.........Did it with the flaps instead of the retracts as after you land you cannot switch the lights off with wheels down

great bit of kit from HK

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=17033

Ray