SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by bakchos, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:56 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,151 Posts
Mini-HowTo
Fatshark base edition wireless modification !

If you are like me and want to have total freedom when walking around with the goggles, this mod is for you.
You will need 46.50 USD to have the parts, shipping included, if you are in Canada.

I only transmit the video signal, not the audio, but you can do it by routing 2 more wires, no big deal.

Disclaimer : If you break your fatshark's or crash the plane using this mod i will not be responsible !!

So, let's start ;

You need This video transmitter (5.8ghz and this video rx (5.8ghz)

Make sure you have a perfectly clean work bench before attempting this mod !

Start by opening the goggles, drill a hole for the antenna on the top of the goggles, then place the video RX inside and make the connections just like in the picture :

You need to supply 5volt to the vrx, there is a regulator on the board inside, just make these easy connection :

You have to make a cut on the bottom to access the switch (it is hot glued inside) :

Take a old futaba cable and solder the + to the pin 5 and the - to the pin 6, i used a 1000mah 3cell lipo, it fits nicely inside the head strap, i also used an old 2.4 antenna tube to protect the small 5.8 anrenna wire :

here is the bench testing :

And the image from the inside :

That's it, if you want to use them the old way, flip the switch and plug the original wire !

I will do more testing when i get my new Grim reaper and let you know how it goes on the field.
I can walk inside the house and go to the 2nd story with very little video glitch (transmitter is in the basement)

Hope it helps !
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
Last edited by bakchos; Dec 11, 2011 at 04:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts