HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2011, 05:21 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga View Post
The unilog brushless RPM sensor works fine with the TM1000.
I wonder if the xbus sensors would work too, I know they would of course require a connector swap.
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:39 AM
Joined Sep 2002
1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cianokol View Post
any infos about Airtronics telemetry for air radios (SD10g)?
No info yet.

But the TLS-01 is FHSS-3 compatible and can be used as a driving monitor at least together with the FHSS-3 car radios.

http://translate.google.de/translate...%2FTLS-01.html
Pippin is offline Find More Posts by Pippin
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:33 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,430 Posts
I just bought a DX8. Came with the AR800 and TM1000. Kinda excited about the telemetry. I have a pretty slow fuel burn on the plane its going in, so it can stay loft for a while. The Rx feedback will be great. Not to mention the Temperature sensor sounds like it could be useful on those 110 degree days. The big problem I have is I would love to have a buddy monitor flight data for me. I see there is a system for the I-something, but here's the problem. I don't like Starbucks coffee, and I can't sit around with all the other I-tards trying to feel important while I hack at a touchscreen like a monkey with an etch-a sketch. Do you guys have any plans to release something for the android systems? There are a lot of us out here that don't own hackey sacks that would like to play with the telemetry.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Dec 29, 2011, 02:40 AM
A true Swiss...
Schweiz, BL, Ormalingen
Joined Dec 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
I just bought a DX8. Came with the AR800 and TM1000. Kinda excited about the telemetry. ...
The DX-8 is an outstanding system, and basic, essential telemetry works just fine. What's unique on the market in my opinion is the value you get for the money with the DX-8.
However, If you are moving to more advanced models with complex functions or large gliders, telemetry sensor range and channel numbers are limited at the moment, but this will soon change. Eagerly awaiting the DX-10t and a vario, GPS sensor, current / lipo capacity sensor.
Swisspilot is offline Find More Posts by Swisspilot
Old Dec 29, 2011, 04:28 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
I just bought a DX8. Came with the AR800 and TM1000. Kinda excited about the telemetry. I have a pretty slow fuel burn on the plane its going in, so it can stay loft for a while. The Rx feedback will be great. Not to mention the Temperature sensor sounds like it could be useful on those 110 degree days. The big problem I have is I would love to have a buddy monitor flight data for me. I see there is a system for the I-something, but here's the problem. I don't like Starbucks coffee, and I can't sit around with all the other I-tards trying to feel important while I hack at a touchscreen like a monkey with an etch-a sketch. Do you guys have any plans to release something for the android systems? There are a lot of us out here that don't own hackey sacks that would like to play with the telemetry.
Funny!

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:04 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,471 Posts
Quote:
I'm with you on that!

I can neither confirm nor deny any potential products, unfortunately. Go ahead and post your comment in this thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1384370

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:43 PM
Villain Extraordinaire
Hell, Wisconsin
Joined Feb 2011
171 Posts
Quote:
I agree...very funny. Good to see some good ol' sarcastic humor on this site
DeadByDawn is offline Find More Posts by DeadByDawn
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:54 AM
Tezact
Australia, ACT, Kambah
Joined Apr 2010
95 Posts
Hi Andy,
Please help me.
I'm in Australia and I recently bought an altitude sensor for my Radian Pro. I returned it to the importers who were very quick with a replacement. I have just tried the replacement with the same results.
I run a DX8 with an AR6200 and the TM1000 that came with the DX8.
The issue is that the sensor reads to 166m above ground level then reverts to the initial ground level reading that showed when I powered everything up.
I have tried an AR 7000 receiver with exactly the same results. I have bound the system according to the directions. ............ What can you suggest?
Thanks in advance
Tezact
tezact is offline Find More Posts by tezact
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:49 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,471 Posts
Can you attach the SPM file for your model please? Rename it to .TXT so that RCGroups will let you attach it. That will give me something to start with.

I assume you have version 2.04 in your DX8. If not, start there.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:26 PM
Tezact
Australia, ACT, Kambah
Joined Apr 2010
95 Posts
Hi Andy,
Thanks
fdor responding.
My Transmitter SPM is SPM8800
Altitude sensor is SPMA9575
Receiver tried were AR600 and AR7000
Radian Pro is set up with the downloads from the Spektrum Community site for the Radian Pro
The transmitter is up to date using AirWare 2.04
The Tele module aerial is routed so that the last 3 inches is external to the fuselage

Hope you can help me.
Thanks
Terry
tezact is offline Find More Posts by tezact
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:26 PM
Joined Oct 2011
36 Posts
Is the spektrum gps sensor just plug and play? Or do you need to bind it?
I just bought one and the manual is very vague and on my dx8, the gps screen just has all zero values. I do have the most recent airware update on my dx8. Any help/advice is appreciated.
RC10TC is offline Find More Posts by RC10TC
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:53 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,471 Posts
No need to "bind" it. Just attach it to the TM1000, power up the TM1000/rx/GPS system.

In the tx, make sure it is enabled to show (Telemetry menu, sounds like you already did that).

Take it outside and it will work.

You need to have ANY telemetry module attached to the TM1000 before you power it up. The TM1000 only checks to see what is attached when it first gets power.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:40 PM
United Kingdom, Glos
Joined Feb 2009
539 Posts
While the thread seems to have moved onto one system, I just thought I'd post my experience in using the Multiplex M Link system

The Good
Display is above the sticks and very easy to read
Sensors are very easy to program using the MPX launcher program
No sensor station needed, sensors just daisy chain together on the Royal Pro you can have upto 15 values display over 5 screens
When a preset alarm is reached this sounds and shows on the screen

The Not so Good
Price
Programming using the hand held multimate is not that easy
No inbuilt recording (but MPX have just launched the plug in recorder and the SM Modelbau unilog will also record data from MPX sensors)

I find that I much prefer flying electric using the current sensor with a battery capacity countdown and alarm when I get to around 25% capacity left.
FrankS is online now Find More Posts by FrankS
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined May 2010
1,633 Posts
We just made video showing new Synthetized Voice Generating capabilities of the 1.06 update for Jeti DC-16.
You can hear the voice, unfortunately our shop HD camera was not available. Looks like Monday is do Over.

You can hear Time and Telemetry Sensors data. Monday we going to make new video using two cameras with details of the screen.

Zb/Esprit Model

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...telemetry.aspx

Jetil Duplex Synthesized Voice "Time & Telemetry".mp4 (12 min 6 sec)

Jeti Duplex Telemetry "Overview" (10 min 4 sec)
Esprit Model is online now Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:07 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,942 Posts
Hi All,
I have a couple sets of pitot tubes from the Spektrum Airspeed Telemetry system, and they both look a bit different. I got them both used, and am wondering if one is better than the other (one looks like it was rounded off, perhaps sanded?).
Thanks in advance for your ideas,
Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member