SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 23, 2011, 09:32 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,330 Posts
Of course!

Therefore, Jeti Duplex and Graupner Hott sensors also monitor the voltage besides current and capacity..
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2011, 04:07 PM
A true Swiss...
Schweiz, BL, Ormalingen
Joined Dec 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Because you seems missed my post in first page, #12, reposting here once again:

You might find useful my matrix spreadsheet:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1529962

And everyone is welcomed to notice me missing or wrong info there.
Thanks for this, RENATOA, very helpful overview! I am new in the Forum, flying about 12 models with my two DX-8 (only electro, smaller to large gliders, 3D aerobatics (140 size), some nice Horizon Hobby Planes like Micro Beast, 4-site, larger 80-size biplanes etc..).

I am eagerly waiting on NEW sensors from Spektrum...... What's urgenly needed in my opinion:
1.) a useful current sensor that indicates also lipo capacity (like reality in Graupner HOTT systems)
2.) GPS sensor for speed / altitude (the current Spektrum speed sensor is very puristic, as it measures true airspeed, but it's incredibly complicated to build it into a propeller aircraft and you need too many modifications....and my be you would like to sell the airplane in the future if you don't crash it yourself)
3.) A true Variometer for my gliders with sound signals and climb / sink indicator (will the DX-8 or DX-10t be capable to play tones for climbing? - I have some doubts this will be realized? It is as well available from Graupner in their HOTT systems and it is announced for Futaba, too.....did not hear anything from Spektrum)

(Sorry Spektrum, but who needs a "G-Force sensor? I am not sitting in the airplane and will for sure not look onto my G-Force value while doing aerobatics)

As I just completed my new "flagship", a new 5-meter ASW-22 glider with 2 Ailerons, 2 pairs of flaps, airbrakes, gear and electric power the 8 channels are not enough any more......need a 12-14 channel.

My options are:

1.) the DX-10t (if variometer / gps realized by next season). However, not sure if the additional 8 channels are proportional or only switch channels - and by when the 8-channel extension will be available. Advantage: I could use my many spektrum TM1000 modules and AR8000 receivers.......worth 1300$

2.) The brand new Graupner MC-32 - what a transmitter for "just" about 1200$!!!! Including voice output, vario, etc. And ALL sensors mentioned above are available. Could even build in a Spektrum Module later on and keep some receivers.... http://www.graupner.de/en/products/1...2/product.aspx

3.) The Futaba T-18 MZ. High end transmitter with (too) high end price, incredible features - BUT: Sensors are announced, but not there yet at the release date (in Europe already released.)

I still have time to "watch and wait" until next season starts....but if Spektrum doesn't move quickly I will change to Graupner HOTT or may be Futaba.
As this forum seems to be read by Spektrum Team members: When are you bringing out the DX-10t and the new Sensors? Which Sensors? Vario with tone?

Greetings from Switzerland
Swisspilot is offline Find More Posts by Swisspilot
Last edited by Swisspilot; Dec 26, 2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 04:22 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swisspilot View Post
1.) the DX-10t (if variometer / gps realized by next season). However, not sure if the additional 8 channels are proportional or only switch channels - and by when the 8-channel extension will be available.
The XPlus channels are fully proportional, but should not be used for flight controls. Their latency can be much higher than primary channels. The DX10t is an all-out glider radio ...

Quote:
As this forum seems to be read by Spektrum Team members: When are you bringing out the DX-10t and the new Sensors? Which Sensors? Vario with tone?
I can't comment on dates, sorry, nor can I talk about possible future products. You don't have much longer to wait, I'm sure.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 26, 2011, 04:29 PM
A true Swiss...
Schweiz, BL, Ormalingen
Joined Dec 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
The XPlus channels are fully proportional, but should not be used for flight controls. ..Andy
This means I should not be mixing in for instance a flap or aileron function, but could use it for speed brakes or gear, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
...You don't have much longer to wait, I'm sure. Andy
Thanks, I am looking forward to hear more. Also looking forward to have a DX-10t in my hands soon.
Last edited by Swisspilot; Dec 26, 2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 04:40 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,010 Posts
Quote:
This means I should not be mixing in for instance a flap or aileron function, but could use it for speed brakes or gear, right?
Correct. Keep it for auxiliary functions.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 27, 2011, 09:21 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,952 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for this, RENATOA, very helpful overview!
3.) The Futaba T-18 MZ. High end transmitter with (too) high end price, incredible features - BUT: Sensors are announced, but not there yet at the release date (in Europe already released.)
Announced? where? enough data to fill a Futaba column in the matrix?
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Dec 27, 2011, 02:42 PM
A true Swiss...
Schweiz, BL, Ormalingen
Joined Dec 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Announced? where? enough data to fill a Futaba column in the matrix?

See here, they say late February:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...7p?CATEGORY=MK
Old Dec 27, 2011, 03:22 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
960 Posts
Quote:
$179 GPS sensor, $74 Temperature sensor, great scott!!!

I hope you arent paying $74 for a thermistor...

And the GPS better be atleast 20hz for that price.
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
Old Dec 27, 2011, 04:12 PM
A true Swiss...
Schweiz, BL, Ormalingen
Joined Dec 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
$179 GPS sensor, $74 Temperature sensor, great scott!!!

I hope you arent paying $74 for a thermistor...

And the GPS better be atleast 20hz for that price.
I agree that if this will be the retail price, it's massive. It probably comes in a gold case But if people are willing to pay almost 2600 Dollars for the T-18 MZ, who cares about 179 for the sensor.....equipping my 10 models would then be 1790 Dollars.......they must be joking!
Eager to see how much the Spektrum GPS sensor will cost (once hopefully released very soon) and if there will be a true Vario for glyding from Spektrum /HH.
Last edited by Swisspilot; Dec 27, 2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 05:15 PM
Joined Sep 2002
1,046 Posts
The new Airtronics telemetry box is around 300EUR in Europe. But the temperature sensor is around 8EUR. Looks like, 74$ for the Futaba sensor are quite reasonably. The more the Tx or box costs, the higher sensor prices.

Btw,
Airtronics TSL-01 even monitors stick input / servo position. Holy cow! That's really bad, since it could be used like a black box....Hopefully, they do not expand such a feature to the air radios.
Pippin is offline Find More Posts by Pippin
Old Dec 27, 2011, 09:46 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
960 Posts
I wonder how much Spektrum borrowed from Eagle tree for its telemetry sensors.

Some of them seem physically alike, heck even the airspeed sensor has almost the same diagram in both manuals. Many of the other sensors seem very similar.

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Supp...irspeed-v3.pdf

http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...574-Manual.pdf
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:05 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,884 Posts
Quote:
Guess what....I do believe that someone from spektrum said they are from Eagle tree.
A10FLYR is offline Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:54 PM
A true Swiss...
Schweiz, BL, Ormalingen
Joined Dec 2011
6 Posts
Quote:

Some of them seem physically alike, heck even the airspeed sensor has almost the same diagram in both manuals. Many of the other sensors seem very similar.

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Supp...irspeed-v3.pdf

http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...574-Manual.pdf
They licensed them in, I recently bought an official Spektrum brushless RPM sensor and guess what's written on the Sensor: Eagletree.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 03:58 AM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,203 Posts
The unilog brushless RPM sensor works fine with the TM1000.
Kambalunga is offline Find More Posts by Kambalunga
Old Dec 28, 2011, 04:03 AM
Joined Mar 2007
198 Posts
any infos about Airtronics telemetry for air radios (SD10g)?
cianokol is offline Find More Posts by cianokol