HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2011, 09:47 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
Joined May 2007
86 Posts
Help!
Futaba 6EX 2.4 Antenna Replacement

The antenna cable on my Tx broke. I know it is a coaxial cable so I can't solder it. Where can I get a replacement? Radioshack had nothing that small, I didn't see anything on the Futaba site, but there are Rx antennas for sale. Will one of those work? Also, how about these:

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/dksearch/dksus.dll

Or maybe steal one off of a wireless internet router? Flew today with the 72 system, wasn't so bad, seeing as I remembered to extend the antenna, but the Tx was charged enough for only one flight. :S

Thanks
RocketMan09 is offline Find More Posts by RocketMan09
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2011, 02:02 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
2.4 TX antenna is sold under FrSky brand by hobbyking.com.

I don't know if the terminal will fit to Futaba, but generally it is universal.
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:00 AM
Santa Cruz, CA
Joined May 2007
86 Posts
That antenna will not work. This Futaba does not have a threaded rod on the transmitter. Instead it has the micro coaxial right angle connector. There are adapters for the micro to the threaded rod, but are there different types of coaxial wires? Would they would altar the performance of the signal? Would too much wire length also change it? Or should I just try some different setups and do a bunch of range tests? Or maybe I will just email the Futaba service center. Yeah. I will do that...tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.
RocketMan09 is offline Find More Posts by RocketMan09