SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 30, 2003, 01:24 PM
Joined Aug 2003
4 Posts
Cool
G W S SERVOS - JR to Futaba

Appreciate some expert advice , I have two G W S flight packs . One is with a Futaba receiver and the other one is with a J R receiver . I have two Mini G W S servos in a Bloody Mary that had the J R receiver in it . I am taking the J R receiver & e.s.c. out of the plane and want to use the Futaba receivber & e.s.c. instead . The question is , can I use the two G W S mini servos that I have in the model now . It looks like the connector pins line up on the receiver & servo's .. I have more futaba and Hitech gear than the J R , and changing would be better for me . Any help would be appreciated as I would like to finish this up & FLY ... Thank You JIM jahatfield@softcom.net
FUN IN THE SUN is offline Find More Posts by FUN IN THE SUN
Last edited by FUN IN THE SUN; Sep 30, 2003 at 01:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2003, 01:33 PM
Singapore Seletar, Singapore
Joined Sep 2003
464 Posts
Look for the wires arrangement. identify which one is negative(brown/black), positive(red) and signal(orange/white/blue). if they are the same for the servo you're planning to install, then it's ok but if they are not, you'll have to re-arrange your plug pins. this can be done carefully with a needle or sharp knife to prise the plastic tab and gently pull out the pin. to install back after you confirm the arrangement, simply slide them into the appropriate slots and make sure it is locked in by the plastic tab clicking over the metal pin. double check with the appropriate servo before finally plugging them into the receiver.
ammo is online now Find More Posts by ammo
Old Sep 30, 2003, 07:55 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
All the servos should be OK to link with others system if they are in the same standard of nutral.

Just check the right pin position like ammo said.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Sep 30, 2003, 10:03 PM
Joined Aug 2003
4 Posts
SERVO WIRES

Thanks to Ammo and gws4ceo for your reply and help . I checked the Pos. & Neg. on the two servos and they will be fine . Just wanted to be sure . I appreciate your input .
Like my D.I. told us new Recruits ( many years ago ) " THER ARE NO STUPID QUESTIONS , JUST STUPID OR DEADLY MISTAKES "
JIM
FUN IN THE SUN is offline Find More Posts by FUN IN THE SUN